American Whore

What's a song from the 2000s (00-09) that you could've seen Lana ghostwriting?

I'll start off with something easy

You Know I'm No Good or Back To Black - Amy Winehouse

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

also Amy Winehouse but love is a losing game <3

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

23 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

also Amy Winehouse but love is a losing game <3

i almost said this too :icant: i miss amy

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

On 2/13/2024 at 12:52 AM, cherryblossoms said:

Tbh any of Kesha’s early stuff. Sound-wise (and somewhat lyrically), I feel like they were more similar than they were different around that time :rip:

Oh I could def see them being at least contemporaries in the performance scene. Kesha was in Nashville tho I think. 

Kesha has an era of folk-rock to pop-rock to then full pop before Animal so I could def see Lana is some songs but I just can't (currently) pinpoint which ones

6 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i’m gonna say shut up and drive, obviously it would be sung differently but the lyrics are soo aka to me

now that you mention it, i think it could be a part 1 to Driving in Cars with Boys

The Fear by Lily Allen 

On 2/13/2024 at 5:26 PM, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I couldn’t ever say Amy Winehouse- her songs were full of too many British colloquialisms

Same with Lily so my answer is with the assumption that it would be Americanised

With The Fear that'd just be some minor language changes cos there's expressions I feel like an American wouldn't say

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 minute ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Sometimes I listen to the XX and I feel like I could imagine Lana singing the songs and with the production too

I'm so sad that their collab is unreleased :trisha:

url%5D

Just now, Embach said:

I'm so sad that their collab is unreleased :trisha:

What?? I don’t even know about a collab lol :hdu:

I only really started listening to her unreleased stuff after blue banisters.. so there’s a whole load of things I’m unaware of! (It also made blue banisters better for me hearing those amazing unreleased songs for the first time) 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

6 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

What?? I don’t even know about a collab lol :hdu:

I only really started listening to her unreleased stuff after blue banisters.. so there’s a whole load of things I’m unaware of! (It also made blue banisters better for me hearing those amazing unreleased songs for the first time) 

Yeah, Jamie XX said that he worked with Lana but the song didn't make the cut. He also produced Old Money demo.

url%5D

1 minute ago, Embach said:

Yeah, Jamie XX said that he worked with Lana but the song didn't make the cut. He also produced Old Money demo.

Oh my days!! The dream! I still listen to the XX frequently, they’re one of the bands where I feel like the sound was so unique 

I’ve never listened to Jamie XX’s album, I kind of fell out of love with music from 2016-2019.. I completely missed out on Lana’s whole LFL era! I actually ended up listening to that record after NFR!

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues