Elle

Lana Del Rey attends the 2024 Met Gala

THIS! Lana's costume made me think of Daphne's myth, who due to a curse made by Cupid, she became the object of the infatuation of Apollo, who chased her against her wishes. Just before being kissed by him, Daphne invoked her river god father, who transformed her into a laurel tree 

apollo-daphne-1280.jpg

(I know though Sean said the inspiration was a princess I don't remember the name :wubna:)

the look is obviously a huge slay but the shoes won't stop bothering me :um2: 

they just look so silly next to the dark romanticism of the gown :toofunny: 

sleeping-beauties-reawakening-fashion-arrivals.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=--3g0fVhjy9e1QnnrX-EIRbyG-qTx9nfT6kAaJEwF7g= 

4Vowxuk.jpeg

i like them way better on the runway though, but with the gown it's just too much... 

i really wish they would've gone with a tabi shoe instead, less horse and more deer vibes

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

20 minutes ago, luna de miel said:

the look is obviously a huge slay but the shoes won't stop bothering me :um2:

omg same they just dont go with the dress:um:

Every time I close my eyes, it's like a dark paradise 

50 minutes ago, audreysdance said:

THIS! Lana's costume made me think of Daphne's myth, who due to a curse made by Cupid, she became the object of the infatuation of Apollo, who chased her against her wishes. Just before being kissed by him, Daphne invoked her river god father, who transformed her into a laurel tree 

apollo-daphne-1280.jpg

(I know though Sean said the inspiration was a princess I don't remember the name :wubna:)

True. So far I've mostly been thinking of Apollo's sister Artemis/Diana, also because of the deer shoes. 

I really wonder what princess he meant. Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, because of the thorny wood and rose? 

It was expensive watch it 

Really not a fan of this years theme or the outfits- every single one has been a miss- the worst Met gala in years- Lanas outfit didn’t suit her at all in my opinion- a coachella outfit shouldn’t look better than the damn Met gala 

idk if it's just me but her tattoos look so classy with the afterparty outfit I'm obsessed with that detail 

6 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Really not a fan of this years theme or the outfits- every single one has been a miss- the worst Met gala in years- Lanas outfit didn’t suit her at all in my opinion- a coachella outfit shouldn’t look better than the damn Met gala 

Heavenly Bodies and Camp were the last great Met Galas

7 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Was the theme Peter Pan outfits or Disney fantasy? Because that’s all we got 

the theme was Sleeping Beauty and there's actually a Disney film, also Maleficent is based on it

I really think that Lana was the only one who took the theme seriously.