Sign in to follow this  
million years

Do you think Lana is coquette

on tiktok, lately a rise of the coquette aesthetic has been happening, and the followers of the aesthetic labeled lana, and her trailer park era, coquette. i definetly don't think lana/lizzy is coquette, especially her born to die and ultraviolence era:facepalm:

Unpopular opinion, but I actually think she's adopted the "coquette" aesthetic more now than she did during BTD/UV. I think the Skims shoot, her 2024 Grammy's look, and some of her more recent aesthetics are more coquette than anything we got from the Wes Anderson-like BTD era and the Cali Cool UV era.  

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Lana is absolutely not coquette. The whole "Lana is coquette" thing is just a huge mislabeling of her unique aesthetic 

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

2 minutes ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

Lana is absolutely not coquette. The whole "Lana is coquette" thing is just a huge mislabeling of her unique aesthetic 

and it completely dismisses what her art stands for :eyeroll2:

not until very recently when she started to play into the aesthetic, i honestly never understood why people associate her with that aesthetic because she never matched that style, in fact, throughout her career, her aesthetic often changed, born to die felt very americana and opulent, while honeymoon felt slightly tropical, floral, perhaps inspired by europe, lust for life felt more futuristic and hippie, COTCC was clearly inspired by the south and the midwest, you get the picture

it especially annoys me how they bring lizzy grant into it since she had such a strong aesthetic which was so unique and nothing really like the coquette aesthetic, it was also very 2000s and not in the modern-day interpretation of the 2000s, like genuine 2000s which people have quite the inaccurate view of, like, how do people see photos of her hanging around in peak 2000s fashion and damaged, bleached hair by trailers and consider it coquette? and i'm not saying her photoshoots aren't nice or artistic or beautiful because they most certainly are and i just hate how misinterpreted and misrepresented that time of her career is

it doesn't help that some of the coquette people are the very annoying and gross whisper app pinterest type

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I definitely dont think her past eras were coquette like BTD and AKA. Especially not UV, Idk where people are getting that from
 I guess you could say she’s leaned into the coquette aesthetic more recently during OB, but I don’t think the aesthetic defines her. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

12 minutes ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

These images absolutely can fit into the "coquette" definition: 

lana_del_rey___ocean_blvd___dykttatuob_by_alllp_dfwlcjx-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTI4MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzE5MDZmOGU2LTM4MTUtNDAxMi1iOGU3LWE5ODQxYzMzZjNlMFwvZGZ3bGNqeC0wMTQ5NjdiYy1iYjc3LTRkMGUtODI2Mi1hY2VlZDcyZTg2M2MucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.cxHdOw6JkBIOEBqgodRWw2UQMd2B_mGUIvSSc4bkIC0Feature-Taylor-Swift-Dodged-Another-Lip-Reading-Debacle-With-Fans-at-the-2024-Grammys.jpg?w=1000&quality=86&strip=allGEI_wJqW4AAZ6sE.jpg

Albeit with her own unique twist - but the lace, bows, hyperfeminity can be squarely classified as "coquette" 

how about we stop feeling the need to make new styles/aesthetics and trying to pigeonhole ourselves and other people into them and just exist as unique individuals who like and feel inspired by their own things :true: coquette cottagecore twilightcore barbiecore e-girl soft girl coconut girl fairycore goblincore balletcore shutthefuckupandgetajobcore :eyeroll:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

The fact that Lana wasn’t coquette until ocean came out in 2023 tells me all I need to know. 

She wasn’t coquette until it was popular, and now it’s her brand. It makes no sense to me tbh

"Don’t forget me"

I feel like ppl are just triggered bc they want to be haters of cute little things, and they hate "locals" relating to Lana in some form. It's Easter, let the deepness and darkness go a bit and have some fun with a pretty little aesthetics :wubna:

Lana isn’t “above” the coquette aesthetic 

2 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

It’s just cos her music feels like coquette looks 

I actually don’t think she’s musically coquette! Maybe some parts of BB and “Sweet” - but she jumped on the Coquette visual aesthetic band wagon in 2023. She def didn’t pioneer it tho 

i think it’s a cringey but overall harmless thing, i mean i used to call myself a grunge tumblr girl when i was like 14 so i can’t rlly talk

i think she just wears bows, and the coquette girls just like her music so it fits in a way i suppose

giphy.gif

Lana is absolutely a croquette. Her style is very much aligned with being a fried ball of potatoes and filling like vegetables. I have never seen her eat a croquette, but I have reason to believe, with several facts and evidence that I have been meticulously collecting over the past half decade, that she would eat one or had one at some point. 

lPqTY1H.jpg

Personally what bothers me about people who call her coquette are the ones who reduce her into an aesthetic. while she has created her own style, idc if she is or isn’t coquette, she’s more than just an aesthetic 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

She isn’t and never was lmao

From a fan perspective I don’t like their approach of making merch around it. But from a manager perspective, sure, get the money from TikTok locals (I’m saying TikTok bc that’s where people connected that to her)

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

There's "coquette" (a fake and gay psyop), and then there's Pabst blue ribbon sparkler trailer miss America jump rope heaven palm tree brite lights Nevada gas station sequins carry me off the stage purple wig for my mermaid video