Coloringbooks

JoJo Siwa

In all seriousness I think a lot of the hate is overblown.

At least for the reasons most people seem to have.

I feel for her not really having agency over her childhood but also being forced to mimic being a child well into adulthood because of the brand image that was developed around her when she was so young. I genuinely do think she sees herself as growing up but it just clearly comes across as immature and naïve so much so that it seems almost like its a joke to actual adults.

Honestly I don't really get the people who will gladly defend an Ava Max or Kim Petras song but have such a problem with Karma. Its a basic 2000-2010s pop radio song. I actually commend her for putting a great amount of effort into the choreography and the video even if I dont really like it. I personally havent seen such a direct display of lesbian-for-lesbian imagery in a mainstream pop video like that before.

She played another song at her release party that sounded better in my opinion.

https://x.com/chazzers_/status/1775875354327978389

There ARE genuine criticisms and reasons to not like her though. Rather that be her defense of Colleen Ballinger, the crazy events that went down with her backup dancers / girl group she was trying to make or whatever, and just being rather insufferable according to ex's on tiktok and her costars from her various dance shows. 

20 minutes ago, slayyyngel said:

In all seriousness I think a lot of the hate is overblown.

At least for the reasons most people seem to have.

I feel for her not really having agency over her childhood but also being forced to mimic being a child well into adulthood because of the brand image that was developed around her when she was so young. I genuinely do think she sees herself as growing up but it just clearly comes across as immature and naïve so much so that it seems almost like its a joke to actual adults.

Honestly I don't really get the people who will gladly defend an Ava Max or Kim Petras song but have such a problem with Karma. Its a basic 2000-2010s pop radio song. I actually commend her for putting a great amount of effort into the choreography and the video even if I dont really like it. I personally havent seen such a direct display of lesbian-for-lesbian imagery in a mainstream pop video like that before.

She played another song at her release party that sounded better in my opinion.

https://x.com/chazzers_/status/1775875354327978389

There ARE genuine criticisms and reasons to not like her though. Rather that be her defense of Colleen Ballinger, the crazy events that went down with her backup dancers / girl group she was trying to make or whatever, and just being rather insufferable according to ex's on tiktok and her costars from her various dance shows. 

honestly i cannot help but to genuinely feel bad for her, obviously she's been famous and in the public eye since childhood, we all know that'll mess anybody up, also, she received so much vitriol as well, for being childish at 16, she became a meme and a target for online bullying around 2018/2019, although it was her brand and it made her very successful with younger audiences, now, i don't really know too much about her, but i can't imagine she wasn't pressured into it or somewhat made to do it, most 16-year-olds don't feel compelled to wear giant bows and outfits you would typically see on 4-year-olds, whether or not she enjoyed it, or whether or not it was her own choice, i'm sure it would affect how she sees herself as a young adult trying to find her way in the world, i can imagine it would be very difficult to know what to do or what's right for somebody her age, especially since for most of her life she portrayed a very kid-friendly image to an almost comical and strange extent, it seems like nobody's going to take her seriously and that would be so hard for anybody, for people to never be able to see you as just a normal young woman for all of those reasons

if i were her, i would just want to completely reject my fame and just live a comfortable, quiet life with all of the money i've made, but i'm sure for most famous people, especially ones who've been famous since they were very little, it's very hard to just decide not to be famous and to give it all up

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

She really is in her Can't Be Tamed era

KARMA'S A BITCH… I SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER!

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

7 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

She really is in her Can't Be Tamed era

KARMA'S A BITCH… I SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER!

Please, Can't Be Tamed was one of the best songs released under Hollywood Records... ever

On 4/5/2024 at 4:31 PM, slayyyngel said:

I personally havent seen such a direct display of lesbian-for-lesbian imagery in a mainstream pop video like that before.

I'm kind of on the opposite end in that I feel like I have and I'm glad there's more! I don't follow JoJo and was pleasantly surprised by how overtly lesbian the whole video was. The majority of hate I've seen has been overtly homophobic-- whether saying she's using her gayness for clout (makes me think of that post about using transness as a shield that goes "oh awesome look at me using my shield that automatically attracts every bullet within a 100 mile radius"), insulting her for humping a woman in a music video (deeply normal and expected in straight videos), etc. I'm honestly shocked; clearly none of these people have ever seen a Hayley Kiyoko or Janelle Monae video if they think this level of sexuality is somehow unique and bad. 

And, like you said, it's a really cookie-cutter 2010s pop star song. I'd argue it's even a cookie-cutter "I'm a child star trying to break out of my image" song. I'm not surprised it turned out to be a Miley song! I honestly thought it reminded me of some early Selena Gomez or Demi Lovato. It's certainly no more cringe than some of the stuff Katy Perry did on Prism, which I have been relentlessly stanning. If people hate the song (or her), go ahead and hate the song (or her!), but don't make up things that aren't true about how uniquely bad it is. :shrug: That's just my two cents!

...As for me, I have it on loop. :fabcat:

afd75b92a106afc7ae42e7c6aff46bd6.gif

nvm

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

Kind of obsessed with this

WHEN I SAW THE PICS OF YOU AND HER I FELT THE KNIFE TWIST:sluttybunny:

On 4/10/2024 at 11:14 AM, Coloringbooks said:

why does this one kind of eat?? 

it was a Bop all along :true: 

Jojo gaslight us into thinking it wasn’t :crossed:

On 4/11/2024 at 2:51 PM, Anonymcomenter said:

why does this one kind of eat?? 

it was a Bop all along :true: 

Jojo gaslight us into thinking it wasn’t :crossed:

Jojo's version actually isn't as bad as everybody is making it out to be, but Brit Smith's is way better I think.

Anyway, allegedly Jojo has spoken...

"There's no such thing as stealing" - what does she mean by this exactly? Whether she really "stole" the song or not, this just makes her look worse LOL.

2 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

Jojo's version actually isn't as bad as everybody is making it out to be, but Brit Smith's is way better I think.

Anyway, allegedly Jojo has spoken...

"There's no such thing as stealing" - what does she mean by this exactly? Whether she really "stole" the song or not, this just makes her look worse LOL.

i don't think she stole it....maybe she bought the rights to this song...but her acting like she doesn't know this woman (Brit literally did this demo for Miley) that's sooo weird...:brigitte:

On 4/13/2024 at 6:03 AM, Britney Spears said:

i don't think she stole it....maybe she bought the rights to this song...but her acting like she doesn't know this woman (Brit literally did this demo for Miley) that's sooo weird...:brigitte:

brit didn’t write the song at all actuslly im pretty sure so jojo probably didn’t really know who she was😭she said the writer of the song (forogt her name but it’s the female writer on the credits) said she wanted to give jojo an older song because she felt like it fit her

am i the only one who doesn’t think brit’s version is all that.. like people are obsessed with it and i just don’t really care for it

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

On 4/10/2024 at 10:14 AM, Coloringbooks said:

the way this version is stuck in my head :rollin: