Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 2 - April 19th, 2024

Lana was the only headliner that didn’t have A$AP Rocky as a guest. Idk what the chances are that he would join for night 2, but I think he would really help give the show some energy. The Weeknd would be a good choice as well. 

5 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

honestly… call me crazy……. but weekend 2 should be an hour of straight poetry reading from behind the iron gates no songs no singing no nothing just the sobs of the crowd and us and lanas voice 

This + 2 wardrobe changes throughout:makeup:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

I’m so hyped to see what she’s got planned tho even if it’s just minor changes then I’m still hyped and tbf I’m about 60-70% sure she will perform a new song as well from Lasso

not getting myself excited and expecting literally 0 changes (besides a better mic lol) but i will still be watching because i just enjoy seeing her:smile:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

48 minutes ago, DCooper said:

You have to remember a live show isn't put together for the people who watch every single performance through cell phone footage at home. Most people only see the one show that they attend in person so it's overall not really an issue that the setlist doesn't change for most people.

Also the show was a lot better than you're giving it credit for from just watching a few clips. There were mic issues throughout that you could tell were rightfully bugging her, but she sounded gorgeous and there were a lot of great moments throughout the whole show. She didn't come off as lazy. A little defeated yes, but graceful and ethereal.

That's so true!!! 

PWYC has been done a thousand times, but when I saw her live last year with my husband (who has never seen even a snippet of a show) that was his favorite part and he talked about it for days afterwards.

I do think the show wasn't as bad as the initial reaction seemed. A lot of people stayed up super late to watch it, and we were all high on Lasso delusion (and crashed immediately). Watching it and knowing what's in store makes it a LOT more enjoyable.

"Don’t forget me"

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

not getting myself excited and expecting literally 0 changes (besides a better mic lol) but i will still be watching because i just enjoy seeing her:smile:

I have absolutely 0 hype/expectations for the show, and I can't wait to watch it Saturday morning after getting a full, good night's sleep. TBH it's probably not even gonna be the first thing I rust to do (unless of course I wake up and see [SINGLE] Lasso - OUT NOW then it'll be the first thing i do :true: but that's not going to happen)

"Don’t forget me"

4 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

That's so true!!! 

PWYC has been done a thousand times, but when I saw her live last year with my husband (who has never seen even a snippet of a show) that was his favorite part and he talked about it for days afterwards.

I do think the show wasn't as bad as the initial reaction seemed. A lot of people stayed up super late to watch it, and we were all high on Lasso delusion (and crashed immediately). Watching it and knowing what's in store makes it a LOT more enjoyable.

i do agree with this, especially for songs like btd, blue jeans, summertime sadness, and ride. those are classics that make sense to always be played. i personally only have an issue with the songs like bartender and arcadia. those songs were an issue the first time she played them tbh:crai: they aren't fan faves, she doesn't do anything interesting during them and plays the entire thing while shortening songs like nfr and ride which are songs most fans LOVE. i get that she most likely really likes these songs, but they are the perfect songs to swap out at least every once in a while, lol.

12 minutes ago, taco truck said:

i personally only have an issue with the songs like bartender and arcadia. those songs were an issue the first time she played them tbh

oh no i absolutely agree.

Everyone was so mad that the crowd wasn't very energetic, but what are they supposed to do while Lana sits in a chair mumbling Bartender :bebe: I do think both albums had better songs that she could have performed, and I agree she should have shortened them like she did some earlier songs

"Don’t forget me"

5 minutes ago, living legend said:

question for the culture 

what was the stuntman for?

honestly I didn't entirely get why she needed extensive stunt training to stand on the back of an electric motorcycle going slightly faster than walking pace lmao

3 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Question for the cunture

where are the songs from honeymoon 

really... playing burn norton only to not perform any songs from honeymoon was diabolical 

11 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Everyone was so mad that the crowd wasn't very energetic, but what are they supposed to do while Lana sits in a chair mumbling Bartender :bebe: I do think both albums had better songs that she could have performed, and I agree she should have shortened them like she did some earlier songs

Even if she swapped out bartender for Salvatore (la to the moon tour version w/ the full bridge) I’d be happy, you’d be happy, @Glitter Boy would be happy, we’d all be happy

46 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

sitting in a chair mumbling bartender AND lying on the ground mumbling pretty when you cry :toofloppy:

pwyc needs to be removed from all her set lists. period. as much as i love the song, it’s so fucking boring performed live. i think lying on the ground for a choreography should only be for like 20 seconds max…that’s what singers usually do but my girl just sleeps for the whole song 😭 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

22 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Right like she could so easily sing mariners apartment complex and thunder instead but she just HAS to do Bartender and Arcadia  :um2: retiring venice bitch (for the most part) and mac but not BARTENDER is so insane (and I like bartender!)

5 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

sitting in a chair mumbling bartender AND lying on the ground mumbling pretty when you cry :toofloppy:

pwyc needs to be removed from all her set lists. period. as much as i love the song, it’s so fucking boring performed live. i think lying on the ground for a choreography should only be for like 20 sec max…that’s what singers usually do but my girl just sleeps for the whole song 😭 

Pretty when you cry was cute when she actually served vocals for it, now she just mumbles all the lyrics until she gets to the bridge :toofunny:

15 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Right like she could so easily sing mariners apartment complex and thunder instead but she just HAS to do Bartender and Arcadia  :um2: retiring venice bitch (for the most part) and mac but not BARTENDER is so insane (and I like bartender!)

Pretty when you cry was cute when she actually served vocals for it, now she just mumbles all the lyrics until she gets to the bridge :toofunny:

Is ai stuff like this allowed here? I’ll remove it if it’s not

1 hour ago, taco truck said:

while shortening songs like nfr and ride which are songs most fans LOVE.

she really deserves to go to prison for only singing one chorus of West Coast after all these years and then be like “ok, next”

Spoiler

Just kidding Lanita, please don’t roast me if you’re reading this :crying5:

2 hours ago, taco truck said:

Same but I am fully expecting LTLI, it was on the setlist crossed through. 

1 hour ago, cherrytropico said:

pwyc needs to be removed from all her set lists. period. as much as i love the song, it’s so fucking boring performed live. i think lying on the ground for a choreography should only be for like 20 sec max…that’s what singers usually do but my girl just sleeps for the whole song 😭 

pretty when you cry might not be the most exciting number live but it's definitely light years ahead of bartender and arcadia, those 2 are crowd killers fr. i think a lot of it is due to lack of more exciting arrangements, maybe if lana rocked them up a little with more drums and guitars it wouldn't sound so dull and quiet live

if she's not up to hiring a full orchestra she should retire young and beautiful ASAP. the live version without the violins really undermines this great song