Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 2 - April 19th, 2024

17 minutes ago, 69 Million Stars said:

Ok in get free she says “out of the black into the blue” like it’s a positive thing. Like she’s becoming happier. But during Coachella she literally goes from blue to black in outfit changes meaning a return to her darker mindset. The intro song (My My, Hey Hey-Neil Diamond) also says “out of the blue into the black” and talks about basically going hard instead of fizzling out. The hologram cage interlude talked about women being mothers or virgins and how those are the only acceptable choices in society. But then goes on to talk about sensuality and creativity and not being caged by just the two choices of virgin or mother. She’s mused a lot about motherhood especially in Ocean Blvd and I think this could all point to her giving up having kids and just focusing on her career, her art. Also the ending where she’s carried out felt like a funeral instead of the usual psych ward vibe, then she’s almost reborn into a new era that is just for her. Of course this could all just me being tired af and unhinged. 

Someone else that’s better an analyzing this stuff chime in! Lol

my sleep deprived addition: Neil Young’s song is essentially about musicians fearing fading away and having to fight that, and how fame can come and go so easily. It references so many artists who lived fast and died young, and burn out/fade way was quoted in Kurt’s suicide note. It’s very much a sister song to Did you know… I think it definitely corresponds with the hope ending looking like a funeral. 

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/neil-young-song-about-johnny-rotten/ this is an article i like about it and there’s more reading you can do on the meaning. it’s not as cunt as jealous girl but understanding the message to this song is integral to her whole setlist i think. I’m too sleep deprived to really get into it but like!!! 

19 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

I can only make out one of the books (thanks to reubengotto posting it on his story) from hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have but i have it. 

The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman by Hunter S. Thompson

- He was a major figure in the counterculture movement and created Gonzo journalism, in which the journalist becomes the central figure in the story and essentially blurs fact and fiction. Thompson is known for his substance abuse and other destructive behaviors. He also sexually assaulted at least one woman.

Hide contents

“Here, for the first time, is the private and most intimate correspondence of one of America’s most influential and incisive journalists–Hunter S. Thompson. In letters to a Who’s Who of luminaries from Norman Mailer to Charles Kuralt, Tom Wolfe to Lyndon Johnson, William Styron to Joan Baez–not to mention his mother, the NRA, and a chain of newspaper editors–Thompson vividly catches the tenor of the times in 1960s America and channels it all through his own razor-sharp perspective. Passionate in their admiration, merciless in their scorn, and never anything less than fascinating, the dispatches of The Proud Highway offer an unprecedented and penetrating gaze into the evolution of the most outrageous raconteur/provocateur ever to assault a typewriter.”

i’m doing this little analysis but watch it turn out that it was just a random book they had packed to read on the trip down. 

Don't forget 'Is This Happiness'

You think you're Hunter S Thompson
I think you're (as) fucking crazy as the day's long

which is one of the funniest putdowns ever in a song, at least until 'Your poetry's bad and you blame the news'.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

22 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

I can only make out one of the books (thanks to reubengotto posting it on his story) from hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have but i have it. 

The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman by Hunter S. Thompson

- He was a major figure in the counterculture movement and created Gonzo journalism, in which the journalist becomes the central figure in the story and essentially blurs fact and fiction. Thompson is known for his substance abuse and other destructive behaviors. He also sexually assaulted at least one woman.

i’m doing this little analysis but watch it turn out that it was just a random book they had packed to read on the trip down. 

i could definitely see this being a dig at the media thinking they can make things up, like for instance how many times they randomly have said shes engaged

giphy.gif

The vocals were definitely better this show with the microphone but I kind of loved the last week's show more because of the Billie song with Video Games and Jealous Girl intro. I think that the black outfit looked good on her (very Lasso!) but I loved the blue dresses more because they were so fairytale-y + the glamorous hair! I really loved Young & Beautiful performance from this show, it was so cute and the way how she said thank you! 🥹

url%5D

4 minutes ago, Embach said:

I think that the black outfit looked good on her (very Lasso!) but I loved the blue dresses more because they were so fairytale-y + the glamorous hair

I keep having to remind myself they couldn’t do much with the hair because otherwise those gorgeous veils wouldn’t have worked and the veils are an obvious must have. 

3 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

I didn’t know Lana could really work the pole like that OKAAYYYY

She showed some moves in Tropico, but it really looks like she has been working out. Great thigh definition.

–she sounded GREAT this weekend, i figured she would

–i much prefered last week's look, both hairstyle and outfit color, but loved the cowgirl outfit change– lasso is coming!!

–WHY even play west coast if you're not going to sing it????

–hope performance was beautiful as per usual

–i continue to fucking hate the choreo so much

–camila was...she has great stage presence i will give her that...lana saying she's one of her fav singers/fav songs is SO lol

all in all a huge career moment for lana to headline, no one else is doing it like her even if her version of doing it is idiosyncratic and confusing sometimes. loved the women who run with the wolves outro on hope and the neil young cover in beginning, this set really felt like a capital-s Statement.

aOaIzH2.gif

1 hour ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Btw it was so bizarre not hearing her sing video games and kind of depressing. Out of all the songs she could cut, why that one? It doesn’t make sense 

I’m not sure if she’s ever not sung Video Games at a performance before.. even shows where she’s had short, 5-song setlists, she still sang it. Even when her mic was cut at Glastonbury, she still made sure to sing it with the crowd! Definitely odd, but they must’ve run out of time and couldn’t cut any of the final 4 songs (2 guests, 2 in the second outfit) in its place x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

26 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

WAIT i just realized that last week she wore blue...this week she wore black...."out of the blue and into the black"

still living in delusion and mind she's baking sister of LFL

42 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

I keep having to remind myself they couldn’t do much with the hair because otherwise those gorgeous veils wouldn’t have worked and the veils are an obvious must have. 

True, now when I think about it, the hair was probably like that because of the black pretty veil!

url%5D

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

I didn’t know Lana could really work the pole like that OKAAYYYY

WBK!!

195939_original.gif