Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 2 - April 19th, 2024

7 minutes ago, Elle said:

Yes :sluttybunny: (and yes to everyone asking, I will add an emote of Lana on the pole lol)

omg THE LEG??? the livestream not showing that is evil

3 minutes ago, honeyslow said:

yeah…. I just rewatched the Hope performance and it’s literally everything :trisha:

That song means the world to me so I'm looking forward to seeing that :wowcry:

1 hour ago, LanaBalkana said:

Same setlist, same guests apart from Billie being swapped with Camila. Outfit 1 was the same as last week but black; outfit 2 was country coded. She sang hope on stage and the outro was a hologram. Her vocals were really good and her energy was great

ok so i didn’t miss shit.

great. 

completely ignoring her performing with camilla :slayty:

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

5 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Camila and Lana singing I luv it? :tiffany2: I never saw that one coming :godlaugh2:Sometimes the songs she decides to cover :brigitte: (no tea no shade, I just don’t like that song)

See, I knew that song would be bad based on that title. The title alone is proof of why I just don't need pop music at the age of 26. Heard it all before, basic catchy bullshit designed for children and teenagers lmao. Is it really upbeat? Following it with Bartender might be quite a smart contrast lmao

Ok in get free she says “out of the black into the blue” like it’s a positive thing. Like she’s becoming happier. But during Coachella she literally goes from blue to black in outfit changes meaning a return to her darker mindset. The intro song (My My, Hey Hey-Neil Diamond) also says “out of the blue into the black” and talks about basically going hard instead of fizzling out. The hologram cage interlude talked about women being mothers or virgins and how those are the only acceptable choices in society. But then goes on to talk about sensuality and creativity and not being caged by just the two choices of virgin or mother. She’s mused a lot about motherhood especially in Ocean Blvd and I think this could all point to her giving up having kids and just focusing on her career, her art. Also the ending where she’s carried out felt like a funeral instead of the usual psych ward vibe, then she’s almost reborn into a new era that is just for her. Of course this could all just me being tired af and unhinged. 

Someone else that’s better an analyzing this stuff chime in! Lol

🫧 ELVIS WHERE ARE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU MOST 🫧

tumblr_inline_npxzudKmZ21szaa83_250.gifv

🫧 I CAN’T HELP BUT FEEL SOMEWHAT LIKE MY BODY MARRED MY SOUL🫧

good lord this woman is unbelievably beautiful. She’s never looked better, and that’s saying a lot. I’m stunned seeing her it’s like almost painful to look at her bc she’s so beautiful. And it seems like she’s really happy. That’s so special. And that mic was ON. beautiful vocals beautiful girl fuck Camilla and fuck goddamn bartender 

2 minutes ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

good lord this woman is unbelievably beautiful. She’s never looked better, and that’s saying a lot. I’m stunned seeing her it’s like almost painful to look at her bc she’s so beautiful. And it seems like she’s really happy. That’s so special. And that mic was ON. beautiful vocals beautiful girl fuck Camilla and fuck goddamn bartender 

Btw it was so bizarre not hearing her sing video games and kind of depressing. Out of all the songs she could cut, why that one? It doesn’t make sense 

Il y a 8 minutes, 69 Million Stars a dit :

Ok, libérez-vous, dit-elle « du noir vers le bleu » comme si c'était une chose positive. Comme si elle devenait plus heureuse. Mais pendant Coachella, elle passe littéralement du bleu au noir dans ses changements de tenue, ce qui signifie un retour à son état d'esprit plus sombre. La chanson d'introduction (My My, Hey Hey-Neil Diamond) dit également « du bleu au noir » et parle essentiellement d'y aller fort au lieu de s'essouffler. L'intermède de la cage holographique parlait du fait que les femmes mères étaient ou vierges et du fait que ce sont les seuls choix acceptables dans la société. Mais il continue ensuite en parlant de sensualité et de créativité et de ne pas être enfermé par les deux choix de vierge ou de mère. Elle a beaucoup réfléchi à la maternité, en particulier à Ocean Blvd, et je pense que tout cela pourrait indiquer qu'elle renonce à avoir des enfants et se concentre uniquement sur sa carrière, son art. De plus, la fin où elle a été interprétée évoque à des funérailles au lieu de l'ambiance habituelle du service psychiatrique, puis elle renaît presque dans une nouvelle ère qui lui est réservée. Bien sûr, tout cela pourrait simplement être dû au fait que je sois fatigué et déséquilibré. 

Quelqu'un d'autre qui est meilleur pour analyser ce genre de choses intervient ! Mdr

The lack of energy during this short rendition of West Coast bothered me ngl :stunned:

But she sounded more confident this week for sure, and she looked stunning. :true:
I'll try to forget that Camila Cabello was ever apart of this--call it temporary amnesia.:oprah6:

5 minutes ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Btw it was so bizarre not hearing her sing video games and kind of depressing. Out of all the songs she could cut, why that one? It doesn’t make sense 

Wait not doing Video Games is wild

2 minutes ago, West Coast said:

The lack of energy during this short rendition of West Coast bothers me ngl :stunned:

But she sounded more confident this week for sure, and she looked stunning. :true:
I'll try to forget that Camila Cabello was ever apart of this--call it temporary amnesia.:oprah6:

I'm just taking it as another example of how nice Lana is to people :true:

I can only make out one of the books (thanks to reubengotto posting it on his story) from hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have but i have it. 

The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman by Hunter S. Thompson

- He was a major figure in the counterculture movement and created Gonzo journalism, in which the journalist becomes the central figure in the story and essentially blurs fact and fiction. Thompson is known for his substance abuse and other destructive behaviors. He also sexually assaulted at least one woman.

Spoiler

“Here, for the first time, is the private and most intimate correspondence of one of America’s most influential and incisive journalists–Hunter S. Thompson. In letters to a Who’s Who of luminaries from Norman Mailer to Charles Kuralt, Tom Wolfe to Lyndon Johnson, William Styron to Joan Baez–not to mention his mother, the NRA, and a chain of newspaper editors–Thompson vividly catches the tenor of the times in 1960s America and channels it all through his own razor-sharp perspective. Passionate in their admiration, merciless in their scorn, and never anything less than fascinating, the dispatches of The Proud Highway offer an unprecedented and penetrating gaze into the evolution of the most outrageous raconteur/provocateur ever to assault a typewriter.”

i’m doing this little analysis but watch it turn out that it was just a random book they had packed to read on the trip down. 

9 minutes ago, 69 Million Stars said:

Ok in get free she says “out of the black into the blue” like it’s a positive thing. Like she’s becoming happier. But during Coachella she literally goes from blue to black in outfit changes meaning a return to her darker mindset. The intro song (My My, Hey Hey-Neil Diamond) also says “out of the blue into the black” and talks about basically going hard instead of fizzling out. The hologram cage interlude talked about women being mothers or virgins and how those are the only acceptable choices in society. But then goes on to talk about sensuality and creativity and not being caged by just the two choices of virgin or mother. She’s mused a lot about motherhood especially in Ocean Blvd and I think this could all point to her giving up having kids and just focusing on her career, her art. Also the ending where she’s carried out felt like a funeral instead of the usual psych ward vibe, then she’s almost reborn into a new era that is just for her. Of course this could all just me being tired af and unhinged. 

Someone else that’s better an analyzing this stuff chime in! Lol

I really like this interpretation. Not that she she necessarily has a clear vision of things to come for her next albums, but there is a sorta pattern so far, in her discography: she has two major landmarks, two albums that defined the American culture or read that said culture : Born to Die and Norman Fucking Rockwell. Norman was preceded by the «transition album », an album for her troubled times. Ocean Blvd is also a transition album, one that helped her grieve. See where I’m going with this? Lasso could be her third Best American Record. :dua:

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I really like this interpretation. Not that she she necessarily has a clear vision of things to come for her next albums, but there is a sorta pattern so far, in her discography: she has two major landmarks, two albums that defined the American culture or read that said culture : Born to Die and Norman Fucking Rockwell. Norman was preceded by the «transition album », an album for her troubled times. Ocean Blvd is also a transition album, one that helped her grieve. See where I’m going with this? Lasso could be her third Best American Record. :dua:

i agree, both lust for life and ocean blvd felt like transition records