Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 2 - April 19th, 2024

5 hours ago, Elle said:

I’m not sure if she’s ever not sung Video Games at a performance before.. even shows where she’s had short, 5-song setlists, she still sang it. Even when her mic was cut at Glastonbury, she still made sure to sing it with the crowd! Definitely odd, but they must’ve run out of time and couldn’t cut any of the final 4 songs (2 guests, 2 in the second outfit) in its place x

this sounds mean but there’s so many other songs to cut. Not video games!! That is the song that introduced her to the world basically, it’s so special and so nostalgic. It was so weird not hearing it :noparty: one of my favorite things in Lana concerts is when she sings video games and the crowd sings it back to her :lange:

I feel like the true core and concept of these shows at coachella is qftc + the fame consequences theme she's been exploring in the last albums. she managed to translate all of the points she made in the letter and her latest lyrics into the show. I just read it again and literally everything she's said in the letter is there, especially last night's performance.

the setlist could've still been different bc she has multiple songs that touches on the themes she wants to convey, but I still consider these as one of the best performances of her career (in some ways they're the best ones for sure)

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just now, prettywhenimhigh said:

I feel like the true core and concept of these shows at coachella is qftc + the fame consequences theme she's been exploring in the last albums. she managed to translate all of the points she made in the letter and her latest lyrics into the show. I just read it again and literally everything she's said in the letter is there, especially last night's performance.

the setlist could've still been different bc she has multiple songs that touches on the themes she wants to convey, but I still consider these as one of the best performances of her career (in some ways they're the best ones for sure)

I agree. Weekend one hologram was addressing SNL, weekend 2 hologram was feminism/QFTC

🫧 ELVIS WHERE ARE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU MOST 🫧

tumblr_inline_npxzudKmZ21szaa83_250.gifv

🫧 I CAN’T HELP BUT FEEL SOMEWHAT LIKE MY BODY MARRED MY SOUL🫧

1 minute ago, LifeOnMars said:

I think someone may have asked this already, but does anymore have a transcript of the monologue that was playing after hope?

I'm dying to know where it comes from too!! that whole part was so stunning :oprah:  

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

"I want you to make some fucking noise if you love Lana Del Rey!" This is so out of place it's actually hilarious, I can't be annoyed by it. This random awful song... I can't wait to see how she goes into Bartender after this, I read the setlist before :rip:

3 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

"I want you to make some fucking noise if you love Lana Del Rey!" This is so out of place it's actually hilarious, I can't be annoyed by it. This random awful song... I can't wait to see how she goes into Bartender after this, I read the setlist before :rip:

it's like a quick hallucination moment 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

okay who's gonna make the live album from last night's show? because it was good

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

8 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I'm dying to know where it comes from too!! that whole part was so stunning :oprah:  

11 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

I think someone may have asked this already, but does anymore have a transcript of the monologue that was playing after hope?