ttulsa

what song(s) turned you a fan?

I really don't know if there's a forum out there already asking this I searched and I didn't find any 😅

Just out of curiosity, what's the lana song or songs that turned you into a fan? (:

or like in general, a fan of a band or an artist

I would say I lean towards the casual side of a lana fan, but anyway, for me, I started being unable to last a day without lana after tulsa jesus freak (hence the username) and cola 💖

first song i heard was summertime sadness remix on the radio (over a decade ago... :crying2:) and i asked my step mom (who was in the front seat) if adele (i was young and didnt know anyone else ldksjflkjsk) was playing :um4::kum: bc i was eating it up and she said no its this artist named lana del rey and the rest is herstory  :krylie:

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Back in 2012 when i was 10 i remember the Summertime Sadness remix :toofunny:. Absolutely hated it. I think in my head i though it was the same song as David Guetta - Titanium :air:. Little did i know that like 5 years later i would rediscover Lana and she would become one of my favorites!

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

meet me in the pale moonlight, blue jeans (the line "i will love you till the end of times i would wait a million years" hit me so badly i became a fan) and west coast or shades of cool

Old Money, 2:12

tumblr_n66t9eCeoM1rdpjfqo1_500.gifv

So back in the day when iTunes used to do a “free single of the week” (maybe they still do that idk) I used to check that every week for fun just as a way to hear new stuff.  They had Born To Die one week.  This was November or December 2011 right before the album dropped.  I was intrigued by how odd and low her voice was and I loved the strings.  Been in love ever since

Brooklyn Baby, Swan Song, & Lust For Life surprisingly it would play a lot in stores, i specifically remember hearing the chorus :wubna:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7laynh1btcbtvab9ylb

good question, i always liked video games, but the song alone didn't turn me into a fan. :um2:

it was almost 10 years before i accidentally heard of the release of chemtrails. was it maybe the title track with the accompanying music video? anyway, i became interested in her other songs. brooklyn baby, shades of cool and ride just blew me away. I don't think it was a single song, but a series of songs that drew me deeper and deeper into her world.

So back in 2012, iTunes has a section for new artist releases or something like that, I don’t use it anymore so not sure. The first song I heard was Blue Jeans and I’ve been obsessed ever since :wub:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

Video Games got me interested

Born to Die turned me into a fan

Blue Jeans confirmed my life-long stan card

Young & Beautiful introduced me to Lana. 

Art Deco + Cherry + Carmen made me a fan. I was scrolling through pinterest to find songs to put on my playlist and those were the first lana songs I ever really listened to on repeat. That was right before Chemtrails came out, March 2021 :flutter:

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden