rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - OUT NOW!

1 minute ago, Divisive Princess said:

I'm probably just being negative but did Clayton have to immediately point out he wrote the entire hook and post his version like damn can I enjoy the song for a minute 😭

I aspire to be that level of petty ngl

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

I think Lana probably wrote the bridge but no matter how much she wrote of it or did not the song is a bop and I will be streaming:true:

But props to Clay for giving the birth idea for the song of the summer, I actually underestimated him :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, Embach said:

She didn't co-write Riverside either and she totally owns the vibes of that song (which is probably because Barrie wrote it about her)

yeah but at least it was written about/for her and it wasn’t even gonna be released until barrie randomly decided to almost a decade later 

3 minutes ago, Honeytrails said:

this might be the first time we find out Lana didn’t actually write anything for a song:roll:

reminds me of that Rick Knowles demo playing the summertime sadness chorus… she probably just built the song around what her collaborators gave her

The video really does make this song for me :yesnod: I love when Lana's videos have another person there for her to play off of, which I feel like we haven't gotten fully since White Mustang. I'm just so in love with the aesthetic that it makes the song feel more alive to me

imageproxy.jpg

On 7/3/2024 at 11:41 PM, unidentified dragonslayer said:

Cute but i don’t think i’ll listen to it again

Same mefears. The studio version didn’t eat for me. It sounds like a flop, if I’m being honest :toofloppy:. It could be a smash if they just tweaked a few more things. Remove from the chart potential and all that. Personally, it didn’t give. The chorus is really catchy, but I don’t like L4na’s verse. Her voice sounds really weird there. Like it is catchy, but I’m not gagging. It’s just… ok. Chart-wise, it doesn’t sound like a hit either to me.

All I’m going to say is “Let The Light In” should have gotten this promo. That sounds a like a classic. This song? It’s cute, but I don’t think I’ll listen to it again :toofunny:.

Maybe it’ll grow on me the same way Ocean Blvd title track did. Tough felt similar to that for me. The title track eventually grew on me in the sense that I don’t absolutely despise it any more, but it still ranks low overall compared to the other songs on that album.

Edit: it’s on repeat now :rip:.

I don't understand why people are upset about Lana not writing the chorus. 

She's still listed first in the credits. 

Unless I'm missing something, she could have written the verses (even the ones she doesn't sing) and obviously the bridge.

Either way and no matter how much or little she wrote of it, it's VERY catchy. Not usually my "thing" but it's a BOP. 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

2 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

“Hard” is favorite part of song but also shoutout clay you ate let’s be nice to him here 

the verses he wrote are so good tbh lol

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

okay i’ve changed my mind n im not the biggest fan of the song. i dont care for the fact that lana barely wrote it, that the lyrics dont sound like her own, and that quavo sounds very out of place. 

it’s catchy and summery, i like the music video, but unfortunately that’s not enough for it to have replay value for me. 

19 minutes ago, American Whore said:

idc really either, i just like coming for xeno whatever their name is because they have a history of hating anything lana does lol you don't have to like it but by this point if you know you don't like an artist 99.7% of the time, why are you on a forum about them? i don't get it, it seems like a waste of time

i actually thought the same, everytime they post something they are hating, not only lana but on other artists topics iirc... if you're so bitter then it's time to stop paying the internet bill and start paying some therapy instead :noparty: