rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - OUT NOW!

19 minutes ago, venice biotch said:

I'm really not the biggest fan of this, maybe I'll like it more in the future becuase this has happened to me with a lot of songs

I think people were just starved for a happy song/a bop.

Now that the dust has settled in and my head has cooled down, do I appreciate this as much as I appreciate Ocean Boulevard (the single)? No. Is it better music than White Dress? Nuh-uh. Is it art in the way that, say, AW is? No way.

But the song sure as hell achieves what it's meant to achieve - being an earworm and a hit.

You know, Lana's been making art for so long and it rarely becomes a hit even though it blows most pop song out of water. So, sometimes she has to do make the kind of hit song and "dumb" things down a bit.

10 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Tough like the stuff in your grandpas ass :dancedy:

hahahaha! I honestly thought of that yesterday :thumb3: Granpa's a dirty fVcker :brows:

The replay value of this song is insane :oprah2: once is never enough and i cant help myself by listening to it in a loop. 

It made 3.5 milion streams yesterday on spotify!!:dance::dance2: and with playlisting reach of 110 milion audience today the update for tomorrow can be insane

Lana-Del-Rey-Burning-desire-gif-lana-del
I drive fast, wind in my hair, I push you to the limits 'cause I just don't care

On 7/3/2024 at 7:58 PM, barttttender said:

please... national anthen was such basic bitch pop in a way - especially the chorus. 

the video ate more than this. I'll give you that

naa you're so right, the chorus sucks ass. only good thing about the song are the verses

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 hour ago, venice biotch said:

I'm really not the biggest fan of this, maybe I'll like it more in the future becuase this has happened to me with a lot of songs

I liked it a lot more after I cut out Quavo's verse. Now it's a good song.

I need a 20 track album full of short bops from her, just something to vibe to like a mixtape or something.. would be quite refreshing :illumilana2:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, ShadesOfFool said:

so i understand literally nothing about streams or charts, is the song doing good? 

I think yes?? im basically learning how charts work just to find out  :thumb3:

ultraviolence & blue banisters always

8 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

so i understand literally nothing about streams or charts, is the song doing good? 

It is doing okay. Fine opening numbers. However, it was added to TTH and IIRC it is also going to radio so that shows that they are attempting to turn this into a hit. From the early reception it looks like they have a good chance to do that.

1 hour ago, ShadesOfFool said:

well its doing more than A&W and its getting a lot of playlisting so its very very good! probably it will rise to 4.000.000/5.000.000 tomorrow (on spotify).

on apple music USA the song is doing very very good too since charts there are more based in country / hip hop / rap 

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

I'm lowkey surprised how it is "flopping" (compared to the US) in the UK, her new singles were always successful there (like A&W and SYTH - the latter even charted in top 10). Probably because Quavo is not popular there. But I'm glad it does huge numbers in the US!!!

url%5D