shadesofblue

10th Anniversary of Ultraviolence - June 13th

In shock it’s been 10 years, I remember the day clearly. It was hot, I bought a blue hydrangea and drank Jack Daniels’s whilst I played the record in my parents back yard. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Happy Birthday Ultraviolence!!! :illumilana2:

I wish I was a fan during this era, I came a bit late to it in 2017 lol but I was so amazed by the music videos and Sad Girl and Old Money were stuck in my head for so long after listening to the album :oprah:

The music videos and outtakes for this era are some of her best imo, I mean Pink Champagne, Madly, Cult Leader, Earthquakes, Dragonslayer, etc. :true:

If she ever made another album similar to Ultraviolence I would be so happy lol:wubna:

♡ 𝓵𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓭𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓴𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓾𝔂𝓼 𝓶𝓮 𝓬𝓲𝓰𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼 ♡

Wondering what we’ll get for uv anniversary :flutter: Not just from Lana (cuz she’ll probably give us nothing) but from the leakers and i wonder if neil will show any outtakes from pale fire shoot or any outtakes from the uv era in general :wubna:

The weather in my country is giving Ultraviolence: Moody, rainy and it's thundering

Another proof that Lana is a secret goddess who controls the World and the weather:wub:

Also happy birthday to Ultraviolence from me too. I became a Lana fan in january 2014 so it was my first era and I still love it 'til today. With Uv I got to experience my pre-teen/teenage era and it was really helpful to me when times were tough:twirls:

This album literally raised me. I had just started college. I remember where I was the first time I heard West Coast. I remember nearly levitating when I realized that Old Money was a Methamphetamines rework. Life changing. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

8 minutes ago, Beautiful people said:

Wondering what we’ll get for uv anniversary :flutter: Not just from Lana (cuz she’ll probably give us nothing) but from the leakers and i wonder if neil will show any outtakes from pale fire shoot or any outtakes from the uv era in general :wubna:

Yesss I can’t wait for Neil’s outtakes!! Tbh all I want is to have Flipside and Is This Happiness on streaming platforms, is it really that much to ask :ohno:?

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

1 minute ago, Fireffie said:

Yesss I can’t wait for Neil’s outtakes!! Tbh all I want is to have Flipside and Is This Happiness on streaming platforms, is it really that much to ask :ohno:?

Fr.

Just now, Fireffie said:

I fear Lana will at most make an instagram post with pretty when you cry in the background :poordat:

Listening to Flordia Kilos in Florida in summer 2014 was honestly a religious experience.

b4prnL7.gif

Happy birthday, Ultraviolence! I cannot believe it’s been 10 years already. I remember the day the record came out so clearly, though it wasn’t for great reasons. But this record helped me navigate some really ugly parts of my life, and still brings comfort when I’m alone.

Cruel World, the title track, Shades, West Coast, MPG, FMWUTTT, Black Beauty, and The Other Woman literally changed my life and brain. I don’t think we’ll ever get another record quite like this (from Lana or anyone), her and Dan were tapped into something exceptional :wub: