Elle

Zodiac

We need more controversial and thought-provoking "problematic" lyrics from Lana. This song should've made it to the album 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

7 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

We need more controversial and thought-provoking ""problematic"" lyrics from Lana. This song should've made it to the album 

Lmfao imagine this came out in 2013

”Lana Del Rey glorifies the murder of sex workers in chilling new song” :eyeroll3:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

1 hour ago, Elle said:

Walk straight

Keep your head up

Shannon Gilbert

I'm walking with you

Megan Waterman

We won't forget you

Amber Costello

Walk straight

Keep your head up

I thought it was very nice of Lana to pay tribute to the girls who were victims of serial killers :wub:

Music Video Butterfly GIF by Beats4LA

𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐲, 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCln7H88mO1R5psFnZvI9_Qw

im actually stunned to speak. I just really need to understand what is the meaning behind this.... like wtf ....... I'm really curious whats the connection to her of this story... kinda scared/intrigued

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

I was listening more and I'm still not sure what that lyric is, the sound is like "solvensome, slovenson" but that's nonsense, maybe "and so hence" or "and so henceforth" I have no clue

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

it's interesting she lists the victims of this case since the gilgo killer wasn't arrested until last summer (so after she would have made this song). it sounds like shes trying to say "don't forget these victims and their stories" since the case went unsolved for so long and seemed like it was going to end up as a cold case. maybe another reason she named this song zodiac is because both the zodiac killer and the gilgo serial killer are some of the most "famous" unsolved and unknown (at the time gilgo was but zodiac has never been officially found or solved) cases in the US. The zodiac killer was in california primarily targeting straight couples, and gilgo was in new york who killed prostitutes, which is also interesting since she has connections to both of those places.

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎

4 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

it's interesting she lists the victims of this case since the gilgo killer wasn't arrested until last summer (so after she would have made this song). it sounds like shes trying to say "don't forget these victims and their stories" since the case went unsolved for so long and seemed like it was going to end up as a cold case. maybe another reason she named this song zodiac is because both the zodiac killer and the gilgo serial killer are some of the most "famous" unsolved and unknown (at the time gilgo was but zodiac has never been officially found or solved) cases in the US. The zodiac killer was in california primarily targeting straight couples, and gilgo was in new york who killed prostitutes, which is also interesting since she has connections to both of those places.

This is a very poignant observation and also ties back into the themes of the title track and the sentiment of not wanting to be forgotten :poordat: