Strangelove

LDR Songs That Would Benefit From A Complete Rework

My answer

Spoiler

Hope is a dangerous thing :trisha4: please don’t flame me. I just really ever since she talked about the song and teased it I always thought it would be more than just piano…. It needs atleast a little jazz drum or SOMETHING…. It’s such an empty song to me. I’m sorry!!!

i agree that, for the most part, her songs are the way they are meant to be, but i feel like there's a few exceptions... or, well, maybe more than a few

i feel like the final version of lolita should've just been the 4th demo, it's the perfect mix between the first demo and the album version, keeping the bass guitar and the james bond feel of the first demo, and including the strings of the final version, or, alternatively, it could've been more sly and subdued, like the second demo, which is the version i like the most

i do not like the paradise version of yayo, i just find it to be so much inferior to the original version on AKA, which is my #1 favorite lana del rey song, i would've just preferred she never re-recorded it, but if i had to change anything about it to improve it, i would change the vocal delivery, and get rid of all of that extra, unnecessary reverb

i would change the sound and execution of the other woman, the only song off of ultraviolence i don't like, i just... don't like it, but i can most certainly hear the potential, and it's a song that's very her

i would just get rid of don't let me be misunderstood, i feel like swan song would've been a great closer, although i do like the ending-credits feel that don't let me be misunderstood as a closer has, i haven't listened to it very much, but when i have, i feel bothered by the production, maybe the amount of reverb

summer bummer should have more of a hard, raw beat like the so good demo has

i agree that coachella - woodstock in my mood would've been better with a more stripped-back, vulnerable production, like with mostly piano, but i still like it for what it is

beautiful people, beautiful problems should've retained the stripped-back, raw sound of the first demo, it doesn't have to be as depressing as the original demo, but i sort of don't like the new lyrics in the final version, and... i would not include stevie nicks, nothing against her AT ALL, but i don't think she works on that song

change should've had better production, recording and including a song on an album you recorded like a week before the release of said album just isn't really a good idea

TNBAR shouldn't have been changed

if you lie down with me probably should've just retained whatever sound it had during the ultraviolence era, depending on how complete it was... i didn't like it when blue banisters first came out, and i listened to it the other day, and... it's worse than i thought it was...

beautiful should've just been scrapped

wildflower wildfire should've used a real piano instead of the MIDI piano

thunder, nectar of the gods, living legend, and cherry blossom all needed to be COMPLETELY re-recorded and re-worked

judah smith interlude should've been replaced with zodiac

kintsugi should've been less muffled

grandfather... needed a complete lyrical re-work, also, it just doesn't honestly feel like a lana del rey song

f7z0pce.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

i would also just get rid of don't let me be misunderstood, i feel like swan song would've been a great closer, although i do like the ending-credits feel that don't let me be misunderstood as a closer has, i haven't listened to it very much, but when i have, i feel bothered by the production, maybe the amount of reverb

I would replace that song with one of her unreleased songs.. its the ONLY HM song that i don't listen to much...

Taste's like 4th of julyy...

legitimately most of her recent songs. majority of them are fantastic but they don’t feel clean to me, they feel muffled or messy in terms of production/structure. i just feel like they need to be refined by a lot. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

3 hours ago, Strangelove said:

2. West Coast. Keep the drums and guitars throughout the entire song and ditch the melodramatic chorus. The song should sound similar to a generic 1980’s rock album song from the beginning, but, it doesn’t. Ditch the flushed out vocals and reverb. 
3. White Mustang. Ditch all the trap beats and keep it a classic ballad similar to Video Games.

i can’t believe my eyes :wowcry:

30 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

My answer

Hide contents

Hope is a dangerous thing :trisha4: please don’t flame me. I just really ever since she talked about the song and teased it I always thought it would be more than just piano…. It needs atleast a little jazz drum or SOMETHING…. It’s such an empty song to me. I’m sorry!!!

completely agree. imo hope and HIAB have a different sound than the rest of nfr. it's like a surfy ballad album but those two songs have a more raw, piano ballad sound if that makes sense 

Just now, box of broken laces said:

completely agree. imo hope and HIAB have a different sound than the rest of nfr. it's like a surfy ballad album but those two songs have a more raw, piano ballad sound if that makes sense 

Hope Happiness and Bartender just fall flat to me. There’s so much that could’ve been done with the production. There’s nothing “weird” about them at all like she described imo, they should define NFR but to me they just kinda fade into the rest of the project.

Lucky Ones- Idk just make it better 

Blue Velvet- It needs darker, sexier production

Sad Girl- Better lyrics 

Guns And Roses- Better lyrics

24- It needs bigger production and even more glamorous/sensual 

Swan Song- Bigger production 

Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood- It needed more unique production and the Lana touch like The Other Woman has 

White Mustang- Add an extra verse and a better bridge 

Groupie Love- Idk, it just needs to be better, it just lacks something 

The Next Best American Record- Love this song but compared to all the other tracks it just lacks something

All of Chemtrails expect title track- It could just be better overall but all the songs are incredible…also I’d cut For Free and BUS 

All of Blue Banisters- Make Mike Dean and Zach Dawes the main producers, no outtakes, and spend an extra year creating it. Also she should have created a brand new screaming song like Dealer but screaming at the critics and that should have been the closing track

Kintsugi- Clearer production 

Fingertips- Bigger/louder production 

Paris, Texas- Better lyrics, I’d LOVE for this song to have lyrics more inspired by the movie of the same name 

Fishtail- Clearer production 

Peppers- Clearer production/vocals and bigger production on Lana’s parts

Taco Truck- Make it a full song with Florida Kilos type production 

Just now, Veinsineon said:

Hope Happiness and Bartender just fall flat to me. There’s so much that could’ve been done with the production. There’s nothing “weird” about them at all like she described imo, they should define NFR but to me they just kinda fade into the rest of the project.

Truth Bartender is so boring to me and it sucks cuz I like the lyrics and the bart-t-t-tender part so much but the production kinda ruins the song. Hope is also boring to me production wise and I think it should've just been a poem. Happiness Is perfect :cuteface:

Taco Truck, with more of the actual song and less of Venice Bitch.

NOTG, with an extended string and vocal intro, accompanied by some guitar. Same strings/guitar for the rest of the song.

Valley of The Dolls, love it so much it needs to be finished with a few more lyrics and piano. 

Zodiac with an actual HQ File 

Text Book, gosh just rework it to make that actually enjoyable, I can’t ever listen to it without falling asleep, It needs something to make that actually work, its boring

12 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

legitimately most of her recent songs. majority of them are fantastic but they don’t feel clean to me, they feel muffled or messy in terms of production/structure. i just feel like they need to be refined by a lot. 

I completely agree:true:

Textbore

Wallflower Wildfire

Arcadia

AKA the terrible trio

They are heavy on lyrics and hopeless melodically/musically 

All three are far too repetitive; listening to them feels like you're being inducted into some sort of cult via a whole lot of warbling and ranting about Sean Larkin, her mother, and bad metaphors

Imagine Textbore but instead its composition is more like Freak. "Your daddy's got a car, my daddy's got one too" or whatever would sound so much more interesting with reverb n shit 

Wallflower is like musical edging in that it builds up and then goes nowhere. After "it's strange, but it's true darlin'" I feel like it needed some drums and guitar n shit

Arcadia is a musical pity party that sounds borderline out of tune to my ear. Don't re-work just scrap 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream