lflflflflflflflflflf

Let's analyse Lana's tweets.

She has her @MissDaytona account and her @LanaDelRey account and she usually tweets about her thoughts and music. I thought it would be interesting to pinpoint what they were from or maybe use them to find unreleased music or just get to know Lana a little better.

Some highlights for me are:

"I know a poet. He's sweet as pie, writes poems about me that make me cry. Arthur miller, 12 years senior, he's my bugga baby sigh" (Mar 21, 2009)
-An unreleased song we don't know about?

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world...she walks into mine." (Mar 26, 2009)
-I can't believe Kinda Outta Luck dates so far back. Unless she is just quoting the movie this was from and then decided to use it in the video for Kinda Outta Luck.

"Let's change our DNA, Heavy Hitter" (Mar 27, 2009)
-Same with Heavy Hitter. Does this mean we have to lump these two songs together now?

"Drop me off at the Copacabana. You my one true love mana. I'm yer little Super 8* Movie You know that I loved truly." (Apr 13, 2009)
-Dammit Lana. Stop posting lyrics of songs we don't know yet!

"Packin a D" (May 23, 2009)
-?????

I could go on all day about these tweets but oh my god. There's so much undiscovered territory. It also blows my mind that Diet Mountain Dew predates Hundred Dollar Bill.

So much to be discovered and discussed. Have fun, you guys!

I love how @MissDaytona swings between shit you'd tweet when you're drunk, mysterious seemingly insightful thoughts and lyrics. I'll get my lanalysis on and report back. Wonderful thread idea by the way :mariah:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Also, omg lana tweeted about me!!!

you are the dopest og hard core hustler living today i am total on your shit .. life is so sweet Apr 01, 2009

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Pretty sure these are lyrics:

"Its never 2 late 2 be- the things that u mightve been* ill sing till u fall asleep- u try and remember when*the future looked lush and sweet"

"Mi Amore, my life is a living masterpiece. And ever day I offer it up to u. And every night I sing it to u to sleep."

"If he had a million pounds he'd buy a million cigarettes - He's a Walk On The Wild Side boy w No Regrets"

"Let's Go Back to where we were b4 we cared about who we would become. We Were Young and on Fire- We Were No One. XXX LDR"

Can we guess and assign them to unreleased song titles? Amongst them are lyrics to songs we already know: "Kiss me Hard Before U Go - Summertime Sadness. I just wanted U to know- That Baby u tha best." So the ones we don't know will probably be songs that are registered/known, right?

Also, LOL at this photo she tweeted:

209172777.jpg?key=320240&Expires=1359992

?????

So the ones we don't know will probably be songs that are registered/known, right?

I don't think so, I think it's possible that she tweeted lyrics to songs we don't even know that exist. :P

This is a cool thread idea. I do wanna say, a lot of what she tweets is song lyrics of other artists, movie quotes, and poetry. Some people think her old tweets are 100% original and give her credit when it's due to Walt Whitman or Goodfellas or even Ben Franklin ha ha but of course if she uses something like Ruby Tuesday/ 7 eleven/ some drink name and you can't find it on google, imo it was lyrics to an unheard song or she was forming ideas for one. Omg though sometimes I find myself stealing her tweets to say sweet things to my boyfriend and he thinks its just be bein a qt #Sorryboutit

"I know a poet. He's sweet as pie, writes poems about me that make me cry. Arthur miller, 12 years senior, he's my bugga baby sigh" (Mar 21, 2009)"

I think this is about Chris C. He wrote a poem for her called Marilyn Sunrise or something like that. I talked to him and he said she was only his muse, they never had a ~romantic relationship~ but I'm not sure how old he is!

she went to a gay pride parade? haha aww.. for osme reason i thought she was homophobic tbh :pft:

aw why jw?? 

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

"I know a poet. He's sweet as pie, writes poems about me that make me cry. Arthur miller, 12 years senior, he's my bugga baby sigh" (Mar 21, 2009)

-An unreleased song we don't know about?

I think this is about Chris C. He wrote a poem for her called Marilyn Sunrise or something like that. I talked to him and he said she was only his muse, they never had a ~romantic relationship~ but I'm not sure how old he is!

Either that, or a Marilyn quote?

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world...she walks into mine." (Mar 26, 2009)

-I can't believe Kinda Outta Luck dates so far back. Unless she is just quoting the movie this was from and then decided to use it in the video for Kinda Outta Luck.

"Let's change our DNA, Heavy Hitter" (Mar 27, 2009)

-Same with Heavy Hitter. Does this mean we have to lump these two songs together now?

I do :hooker:

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/795-your-favorite-lana-playlists/?p=15723

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

The track which leaked yesterday, she mentioned this one on her twitter before too. Someone posted it in the thread of it .

And  :toofunny: @ people who think she would be homophobic when her fanbase is full with gay teens.

she went to a gay pride parade? haha aww.. for osme reason i thought she was homophobic tbh :pft:

Why would you think such thing? I never saw Lana do or say anything that could give any substance to such thought. Her fan base is very gayish and I see her hugging them all the time and being quite nice. :smokes:

:creepna:  do you know something I don't???

glgcDdT.gif

Anyone get the impression that she’s a lot more religious than she leads on and that it may be a result of “cleaning up,” an AA/NA sort of thing? 

This one seems the most telling: 

Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake

Jul 11, 2010

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

-?????

I thought this was easy, the D  :creep:

I love this one: "Sometimes the Gods choose to shine in my Favor for no particular reason. Don't mater what i done that i day ..whether i been bad or good"

2wn4whw.png

"D" could possibly be referring to dip AKA dipping tobacco. You're suppose to pack the chewing tobacco under your lip.

It's never 2 late 2 be the things that u might've been* i'll sing till u fall asleep- u try and remember when*the future looked lush and sweet