Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

White Dress could have been one of her best songs ever but the vocals and the production hold it back

White Dress has such gorgeous lyrics and really feels nostalgic but it is almost hard to listen to because of the vocals on the chorus. And I literally can’t with the glitch in the production, the fact that it hasn’t been corrected is INSANE to be. I also wish there were more drums and guitar in it, I love the sound of the current version but if it were more layered it would be much more interesting. 

It is a good track but once you notice the flaws it really sticks out for the wrong reasons, especially when it is followed by Chemtrails and TJF which are both flawless classics

I love NFR song but Mariners Apartment Complex had the chance to be one of the best openers ever especially with the cover art boat reference BUT I'm still glad that NFR is the opener because it gave us the best transition from LFL era to NFR era - Get Free to NFR title track with the blue and sea references and I think it's one of her best moments in her career! :flutter:

url%5D

Lana should do a Christmas EP idgaf, she has the perfect voice for it. I was just randomly listening to her performance of Silent Night and it instantly made me feel so calm and cozy. 

Just like a 4-5 song EP with Christmas classics and Santa Baby as a cute little single would be incredible

I don’t know how unpopular this is but… if Lasso got scrapped, i deadass would not care. I personally have no connection to country as a genre, so if we skipped this era and moved on to something else i would live with it.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

I like the current set list and it’s not as bad as people make it seem to be. I will stand by my point that it wasn’t good for Coachella, but for her own shows with her fans it’s really good. I was sceptical too, but it’s true when people say that it’s better live than watching on streams, but it’s actually true. Bartender and Arcadia where phenomenal live while it drags during streams.

Also I get people wanting other songs, but let’s be real, most artists will perform the same show for a tour. Plus, I had a feeling of fomo after seeing the Coachella streams, but her performance in Milan cured it, since it was almost the same thing, just a bit shorter, buuuut with her actually serving vocals and a crowd that’s actually her fans . So I’m glad it didn’t change much. She will probably change it more up next year. 

7 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Not leaking any music for UV10Year is kinda the most lame thing that’s ever happened in this fandom. Ultraviolence would be disappointed actually.

To be fair, I believe something was planned to leak but pantene123 had last minute travel plans

Emile Haynie is the best producer Lana ever worked with... all the songs he produced are literally flawless.

Wish she'd maybe work w him again :um4: but you know how that is

This is going to be very unpopular I guess..I think sometimes when lana's idgaf behaviour was seen as cool, sassy or something like that it was actually a bit rude and too much. 

I was particularly thinking about that girl who accused her in a video of witchcraft, after those group of fans fell at her concert in Mexico and she OBVIOUSLY said absurd shit. Well Lana's response, looking back, was a bit childish in my opinion.

At first I was like "yeah Lana this girl is a real bitch" but after a bit I just thought that that was the reply i'd expect from a 15 yrs girl, not a grown adult woman..I mean if I was Lana, and someone would seriously accuse me of something - i would say something like "this is very offensive, we can adress this in private". I would look for some confrontation about that, because the other person is a complete stranger, and wouldn't just insult her, as funny and cool as it may sound!

Of course Lana is not me and she has every right to say go fuck yourself to whoever she wants, I'm just saying that in some occasions she went a bit too far, and it would be more mature to explain and adress stuff on private.

I don't want to be misunderstood, SERIOUSLY, I always love her and the fact that she interacts with people and I love her idgaf behaviour, this is just my opinion! :smile2:

tumblr-m8pd6uijos1qgawlzo1-500.gif

Unpopular opinion. I don’t think every Lana album needs a deluxe or expanded edition. The only albums imo that really needed the deluxe treatment that didn’t get a deluxe were Honeymoon and Chemtrails.

4 hours ago, audreysdance said:

This is going to be very unpopular I guess..I think sometimes when lana's idgaf behaviour was seen as cool, sassy or something like that it was actually a bit rude and too much. 

I was particularly thinking about that girl who accused her in a video of witchcraft, after those group of fans fell at her concert in Mexico and she OBVIOUSLY said absurd shit. Well Lana's response, looking back, was a bit childish in my opinion.

At first I was like "yeah Lana this girl is a real bitch" but after a bit I just thought that that was the reply i'd expect from a 15 yrs girl, not a grown adult woman..I mean if I was Lana, and someone would seriously accuse me of something - i would say something like "this is very offensive, we can adress this in private". I would look for some confrontation about that, because the other person is a complete stranger, and wouldn't just insult her, as funny and cool as it may sound!

Of course Lana is not me and she has every right to say go fuck yourself to whoever she wants, I'm just saying that in some occasions she went a bit too far, and it would be more mature to explain and adress stuff on private.

I don't want to be misunderstood, SERIOUSLY, I always love her and the fact that she interacts with people and I love her idgaf behaviour, this is just my opinion! :smile2:

I don't think it would work if Lana tried to be polite or considerate in this situation, because the Tiktoker was neither. She has tried to ridicule Lana in public, and the only remedy is to fight back with equal weapons in my opinion. It's the only language these people finally understand.

Norman F. Rockwell (the title track) is extremely boring. Blue's repetitions and "You're just a man" sound boring. It's not a title track that deserves appreciation and it seems like everyone played a game of pretending that this song is good and I didn't participate.

I generally don't love the flow of most Lana albums upon relistens. A lot of her albums have upbeat, easier to listen to songs (usually the singles) at the beginning and slow down in the middle/end of the album. Don’t get me wrong - the songs at the middle/end are great and typically some of the best of the album, but she groups them all together so it can get a bit tedious having to listen to them consecutively. The only albums that really catch my attention the entire time are Born to Die and Lust for Life. 

sgopYhV.gif

On 6/9/2024 at 1:38 PM, Lanaparadiserey said:

White Dress could have been one of her best songs ever but the vocals and the production hold it back

White Dress has such gorgeous lyrics and really feels nostalgic but it is almost hard to listen to because of the vocals on the chorus. And I literally can’t with the glitch in the production, the fact that it hasn’t been corrected is INSANE to be. I also wish there were more drums and guitar in it, I love the sound of the current version but if it were more layered it would be much more interesting. 

It is a good track but once you notice the flaws it really sticks out for the wrong reasons, especially when it is followed by Chemtrails and TJF which are both flawless classics

IMO a lot of COCC suffers from bad production choices which is why it’s my least liked album of hers.

White Dress is lyrically beautiful, and there are other great songs on there like NAWWAL & DBJAG, but most of the production across the album feels very rushed and half-assed, and lots of weird vocal mixing

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce: