Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

2 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

sweet is probably one of (if not) the best songs on OB it’s so so so beautiful

Did you know..., Sweet, and A&W is her second best 3 track run (after Heroin, Change, Get Free) 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

On 9/4/2023 at 2:42 AM, Mash Tragic said:

I don't think those are unpopular opinions tbh :hide:

To be fair in ocean blvd pre release people went insane if you said you thought blue banisters was bad lol:eek2: i think ocean blvd being so much better than blue banisters made people stop being so defensive of it though 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

i don't know what is up with lana and bare feet but she needs to stop mentioning them in her songs:hillary: it just seems so out of place most of the time 

i'm sweeeeet    :ma:

bare feeeeet     :sadcore4:            

violets in your eyes

31 minutes ago, babetteateoatmeal said:

i don't know what is up with lana and bare feet but she needs to stop mentioning them in her songs:hillary: it just seems so out of place most of the time 

i'm sweeeeet    :ma:

bare feeeeet     :sadcore4:            

out of place?? lana??? with bare feet????  

*uhmmm i feel like I also need to clarify these are very real examples of lana being lana not some foot fetish shit.. pretty sure there’s a thread for that already here for some reason..…. but that is not what this is! this is just proof lana is being so real and truthful while writing lyrics.. a true artist!!! 

740full-lana-del-rey.jpg

nPmfVdx.jpg

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

23 minutes ago, Escapism said:

out of place?? lana??? with bare feet????  

*uhmmm i feel like I also need to clarify these are very real examples of lana being lana not some foot fetish shit.. pretty sure there’s a thread for that already here for some reason..…. but that is not what this is! this is just proof lana is being so real and truthful while writing lyrics.. a true artist!!! 

740full-lana-del-rey.jpg

nPmfVdx.jpg

I should rephrase - not out of place. Just really fucking weird :sideeye:

violets in your eyes

1 minute ago, babetteateoatmeal said:

Lol i agree I hate when any singer mentions bare feet because i think feet are so gross:icant:

Although every album of hers has its signature/outstanding song(s), I think that people exaggerate how different or decipherable her past four albums are sonically, except maybe Blue Banisters. Then came Ocean Blvd., and, to me, it's a pot-pourri of all its three predecessors. 

52 minutes ago, babetteateoatmeal said:

ok that’s understandable :true:

considering she also has a poem named bare feet on linoleum as well and just mentions them in multiple other songs?? lolita comes to mind (though I can appreciate its usage there since it fits the song) and BB off the top of my head..it’s certainly an interesting choice to have as a signature touch to her lyrics similar to “red dress” and “blue” 

but it does feel personal to her in some sense at least.. though i understand the distaste people would have especially if youre uncomfortable with feet.. 

like out of context “chickens running bare feet there’s a baby on the way” is so random and makes it sound like lana is insinuating chickens normally have a pair of kicks they wear to run around in

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

13 hours ago, taco truck said:

To be fair in ocean blvd pre release people went insane if you said you thought blue banisters was bad lol:eek2:

were we in the same tunnel pre-release thread? bc the one i was in everyone was constantly dragging banisters and saying thwy don't even count it as one of her albums bc its "so bad". and of course also a bunch of people blaming jack for how the album turned out despite him not even being apart it lol. the only time there were more than a small minority of people on here defending banisters was in the first couple days after it was released.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

10 minutes ago, Embach said:

i don't mind her next album (LDR10) being country :diva:

I was just about to say this same thing...:gasp:

Although I'd probably prefer if she went down a more experimental A&W kind of route, I wouldn't mind a country album. Some of her songs already have a country influence, like the sliding guitars on Paradise, which I love. I do enjoy some country music, as long as it's not the boring pop-ified modern country, and I couldn't see Lana making music like that, so...

Sad Girl also sounds really western to me 

I do admit I grew up listening to country music so I might have a sentimental bias but I digress :whatever2:

4 hours ago, wilting daisy said:

were we in the same tunnel pre-release thread? bc the one i was in everyone was constantly dragging banisters and saying thwy don't even count it as one of her albums bc its "so bad". and of course also a bunch of people blaming jack for how the album turned out despite him not even being apart it lol. the only time there were more than a small minority of people on here defending banisters was in the first couple days after it was released.

i literally got in a huge fight with a user because i said textbook lyrics were bad:eek3: that pre-release was hostile on both ends tbh

21 hours ago, Mash Tragic said:

I love it so so much. :trisha: Especially the part "If I'm not there...", idk it just sounds so special and meaningful and reminds me of the devotion expressed in Old Money or How To Disappear (I'm always going to be right here), but this time it's up to her partner to run for her. It always makes me super emotional to imagine (finally) having someone forever by my side. :krylie:

Side note while we're (still) at it with the Beautiful slander: if I'm not mistaken, I saw people comparing Sweet and Beautiful but I don't hear the similarities :stareney2: Sweet is currently part of my top 3 in OB while Beautiful... well, let's say I now tolerate the verses. :awkney2: Whereas, Sweet is an amazing song with a beautiful melody, a real chorus and lovely lyrics :oprah3: 

Now that's an unpopular opinion. :smile3:

I just don't know how such an inoffensive, harmless song like Beautiful can cause such anger in this fan base lmao. Blue Banisters in general is shitted on entirely too much. Overall, it's a nice cohesive mature record.

Chemtrails is more boring, though it's a nice album as a whole....she missed a bit. 

Both are still good records that this fan base does too much on. For me.

I don't wanna be negative here but considering how messy her newsletter thingy is, I can see it being shut down in the future :um: but it's also a very new thing so I hope they're just testing around with it. But I don't really have a good feeling about it honestly. Let's hope I'm proven wrong :whatever2:

url%5D