Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

14 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

If you made me choose between two Lana albums, I'd easily have an answer, but for some reason I can't decide between Chemtrails and Blue Banisters. Maybe I should play them back to back. Or maybe I don't have to have a favoriteย :true:

ย 

I did this last night and I definitely like Chemtrails by a lot more lol

Guns and Roses>Money power glory & old money

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make upย my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

1 minute ago, honeymooncd said:

Guns and Roses>Money power glory & old money

ย 

Money Power Glory > Overrated Moneyย :true:

1 hour ago, PARADIXO said:

ย 

I did this last night and I definitely like Chemtrails by a lot more lol

When I compare two albums, the result is always very close, but Chemtrails had surprisingly beaten even NFR for me. I compare random songs.

24 would be much more of a fan fav if it had been performed live - even just the first verse, first chorus then bridge/outro would've been perfect! you can't tell me the build up to "you're hard to REEEEEACH! ya cold to touuuuuuch" wouldn't slay liveย :defeated:

ย 

i also wish we hadย live performances of God Knows I Tried - i think the fanbase would feel differently about the song / more endeared to the song if it hadย been performed during her BBC Radio 1 live session along with Honeymoon and Terrence Loves You, it's such an atmospheric song and the vocals are stunย :legend:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

She shouldnโ€™t play huge stadium tours.ย 
ย 

The smaller venues are much more intimate and less chaotic. I think larger venues as a one off or for special occasions, like Mexico City are fine, but otherwise it takes away from the experience. She really connects with smaller crowds in a profound way.ย 
ย 

What she should do is put that damn newsletter to good use. Allow diehard fans to access ticket presales rather than the scammy setup we had for this last leg. That solves the issue of fans complaining that she should not play smaller venues due to challenges getting tickets.ย 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

35 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

24 would be much more of a fan fav if it had been performed live - even just the first verse, first chorus then bridge/outro would've been perfect! you can't tell me the build up to "you're hard to REEEEEACH! ya cold to touuuuuuch" wouldn't slay liveย :defeated:

ย 

i also wish we hadย live performances of God Knows I Tried - i think the fanbase would feel differently about the song / more endeared to the song if it hadย been performed during her BBC Radio 1 live session along with Honeymoon and Terrence Loves You, it's such an atmospheric song and the vocals are stunย :legend:

It would've been a fan fave if it was a Bond track, it would've had the same effect as Young & Beautiful, a potential Oscar winner song in a big budget high box office movie, people would be interested in it

ย 

I love 24 so muchย :defeated:

url%5D

while i love the nfr song, i think that other songs on that album deserved the soty nomination more, like marinersย and venice bitch (i think that vb deserved roty more because of the sound), the greatest or even hope dangerous. like theseย songs were actually more robbed than nfr. these were those songs that showed lana from the better side by the media.ย 

url%5D

27 minutes ago, Embach said:

while i love the nfr song, i think that other songs on that album deserved the soty nomination more, like marinersย and venice bitch (i think that vb deserved roty more because of the sound), the greatest or even hope dangerous. like theseย songs were actually more robbed than nfr. these were those songs that showed lana from the better side by the media.ย 

I agree, but MAC and VBย specifically fell outside of the eligibility period for the 2020 Grammys so they wouldโ€™ve been up for the 2019 Grammys. So I kind of get why she submitted NFR, but I wouldโ€™ve rather The Greatest or Hope get the nominations. Maybe even Cinnamon Girl since it was one of the more popular songs on release

5 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

I agree, but MAC and VBย specifically fell outside of the eligibility period for the 2020 Grammys so they wouldโ€™ve been up for the 2019 Grammys. So I kind of get why she submitted NFR, but I wouldโ€™ve rather The Greatest or Hope get the nominations. Maybe even Cinnamon Girl since it was one of the more popular songs on release

I love Cinnamon but I think a song needs to be a single to be submitted? Because NFR was announced as a last minute single in Autumn 2019 in the UK.

ย 

I thought that the Grammy 2020 eligibility period started from Sept 1, 2018 to August 31, 2019. Which is also weird because she submitted Blue Banisters title track for SOTY or ROTYย which was released in May 2021 for Grammys 2023 ๐Ÿ’€

url%5D

1 hour ago, Embach said:

I love Cinnamon but I think a song needs to be a single to be submitted? Because NFR was announced as a last minute single in Autumn 2019 in the UK.

ย 

I thought that the Grammy 2020 eligibility period started from Sept 1, 2018 to August 31, 2019. Which is also weird because she submitted Blue Banisters title track for SOTY or ROTYย which was released in May 2021 for Grammys 2023 ๐Ÿ’€

You might be right, the Grammy's needs to pick date and stick to it lol

But I don't think a song has to be a single to qualify for nominations, didn't Lady Gaga submit (nominate, and won) for a random ass song from Joanne?ย 

On Blue Banisters- I think they can submit anything but the Grammy's get's the last word on if it's eligible or not. Like Lizzo's Truth hurts came out years before it got nominated. I think it's based onย "extenuating circumstances" such as if it becomes a hit or not in the current year. Which would still make MAC and VB ย (and Blue Banisters)ย still ineligible, it's genuinely stupid if you ask me, it should be clear defined lineย but it is what it isย :krylie:

Some of the fans (especially those on tiktok) calling Lana "mother" or "mommy" everywhere is kinda cringe and kinda.. creepy idk how :awkney:ย that goes for other fandomsย too who call their idols 'mommy' or 'daddy', that's just so cringe, I justย can't help that...

url%5D

49 minutes ago, Embach said:

Some of the fans (especially those on tiktok) calling Lana "mother" or "mommy" everywhere is kinda cringe and kinda.. creepy idk how :awkney:ย that goes for other fandomsย too who call their idols 'mommy' or 'daddy', that's just so cringe, I justย can't help that...

ย The nepo daddy sh*t was worse. I had to say something to them over and over. I know Lana was like, please don't encourage him with that with the roll eyes. It was just too bizarre and weird.ย  thankfully they have pretty much stopped calling him that, and yelling it out at concerts, which seemed pretty embarrassing.ย 

ย 

I get it thoughย  they are looking for a role model. A mother-like figure in their lives whereas so many feel so detached from being able to relate to their families. I don't know what I could really argue about it either way. But the nepo daddy thing had to go.

ย 

Id imagine with all the controversial things she had to go through over and over, and something like her fans calling her dad nepo daddy, she was probably like, oh dear lord, how much more weird controversial shit do I have to deal with, before the next episode of some whacko on tik tok is claiming that I am an interdimensional witch that is controlled by the illuminati.ย ย 

ย 

ย 

While I have loved some of the songs Zach Dawes has produced like Candy Necklace andย The Last Shadow Puppets collab songs but overall I think that his production is rather boring and kinda falls flat (but not bad, as I said, I have loved some of the songs he has produced)...Iย think that even Jack or Drew Ericson have produced better songs which are like...less boring.

url%5D