Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Sometimes I think it's just "too much" to complain over a coment like "Tour on sale today bitches".

She's still human and making that type of joke. Also, part of the few people she's following are probably part of "stan twitter" so she just think it's funny to...tweet. 

I feel so much better knowing it's actually herself behind the screen, making "contact" with her fans, instead of someone else pretending to be her and making those mechanical tweets. It's just random and no point in having a profile with "@@lanadelrey". Just put up @TeamDelRey for contact.

Also not sure if it's unpopular, but I have a feeling that she moved away from the "cinematographic-music-videos" to move away from the vision that people had on her from BTD, then, focus on the music. For some people, Ultraviolence is her peak "musically" but I just cannot see anyone saying that Visually BTD wasn't her prime. The music videos, the aesthetic, the whole thing was wrapped up and it was good enough to be seen as "PLASTIC" but at same time, it was the game changing and the mark that everyone got. Hollywood Glamour Vintage etc. Looking at Ultraviolence "Visually", West Coast and then Shades Of Cool were the begin of what she's doing today. Beautiful music videos but just packed in random some random scenes. 

Right Now I feel she's in a middle zone from Music + Visuals. The visuals are not ugly, that's good. It's just lackluster I guess so. Music Videos like Music To Watch Boys To, Freak, Love, White Mustang... they are all "Beautiful", but they just miss a plot, something happening... maybe cuz then it was turned into a puzzle game of remaking music videos. Unless she changes her mind for something "I want to go all visual", then, things will just remain the same and I don't think it's something her team can change...

OMG i thought i was the only one with this sentiment! But I totally agree! Her music videos succeeding ultraviolence dead ass have no plot so im always waiting for something to happen but nothing does and the video just ends  :ohno:I also need ride music videos with her beautiful poetry 

Also guys am i the only one who feels like the way she does her makeup just ages her? Idk i feel like she looked much more bright earlier on in her career. Of course she got older but i think she needs to stop lining her lips 

Also guys am i the only one who feels like the way she does her makeup just ages her? Idk i feel like she looked much more bright earlier on in her career. Of course she got older but i think she needs to stop lining her lips 

dying her hair would be a good start as well. as much as the versace and h&m event looks slayed it makes her look much older/more tired than some nice colour complimenting her skin/eyes.

i76mrxw.png 

i just realized what the fuck happened to her voice, i love her voice but  she had this child´s voice in her unreleased and btd songs and now i juts realized she is wasting her vocal range because she has so much fucking potential but she keeps smoking and not taking care of herself and her voice , don't even try to prove me wrong if her voice wasn't damaged she could hit the proper notes for cola and other songs, and the most tragic thing is that she could hit the LOVE "high note" what even is happening! i hope she decides to change to her old clear and not-muffled voice. 

YES! EXACTLY! thank god someone said it

341e352c9925b3ef7bc5edfb50e3597e.jpg

Idk if this is unpopular. But I think Lana chose the right version of National Anthem to be on the BTD album. But chose the wrong version of Diet Mt. Dew.

i prefer the inst from the final v but if she added the pre chorus it would be sm better... oop

that song puts me ina MOOD

341e352c9925b3ef7bc5edfb50e3597e.jpg

around 37:26 when she sings the chorus fro UV her voice seems tired and exhausted, note that this is one of easiest songs to perform live because it has a slow tempo, sometimes i feel that she struggles with her confidence because she cant even "hit" long notes, this is what happens when you sing in a lower register, you can't go back up again :(, also in this whole "performance" she is relying on her background vocals, without those this would have been a mess

i will love you until the end of time.

around 37:26 when she sings the chorus fro UV her voice seems tired and exhausted, note that this is one of easiest songs to perform live because it has a slow tempo, sometimes i feel that she struggles with her confidence because she cant even "hit" long notes, this is what happens when you sing in a lower register, you can't go back up again :(, also in this whole "performance" she is relying on her background vocals, without those this would have been a mess

I did think she wasnt bothering to hold notes but try to think about how singing for half an hour straight would tire your throat and lungs.

I also wouldnt expect her to put much heart into this song live anymore as she has said she hates the "he hit me and it felt like a kiss part" now as shes in a much better place now and doesnt wanna think about it, etc

I still think she sounded beautiful anyways. My only problem with this performance is the way she tries to stir up Cruel World differently. Cruel World is one of my faves and if I hear her sing it like this live in March I'll be quite disappointed...  :crossed:  

dying her hair would be a good start as well. as much as the versace and h&m event looks slayed it makes her look much older/more tired than some nice colour complimenting her skin/eyes

This x 100.

2e510b4935005fb39e6edd3f55c0dacc--lana-d

She looks so young and fresh here. Hell, if I didn't know who she was I might mistake her for someone that's in college (or at least around their early 20's). Even a lighter shade of brown would look nice.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

yosemite is her best song she's ever created and i dont even need to hear it to know thats a fact.

200.gif

yosemite is her best song she's ever created and i dont even need to hear it to know thats a fact.

200.gif

Just the way she talked about it confirmed this

This x 100.

2e510b4935005fb39e6edd3f55c0dacc--lana-d

She looks so young and fresh here. Hell, if I didn't know who she was I might mistake her for someone that's in college (or at least around their early 20's). Even a lighter shade of brown would look nice.

AGREED. She could honestly be 22 in this photo. Flawless beauty. I have such a soft spot for her light brown hair. It really does look her natural and amplifies all her features. (is it actually her natural??? idek)

Angels Forever (Forever Angels) Is one of Lana's worst 

honestly what the fuck why would anyone ever say this ? i dont want to hear this gutterized opinion anywhere, anymore, forever n always, i can't believe u would fucking do this to me and this holy grounded site oh my god this sweet innocent loving piece of modern day renaissancstic art does NOT deserve this anyway, shape, form, how, not here now or before, time present nor time past, not even in any alternate dimensions no maam.

Angels Forever (Forever Angels) Is one of Lana's worst 

59b0e84140194e43af9ee0722ac9bf1f.jpg

I'm not at all a fan of (most of) the lyrics in Born to Die. Lyrically, the best song on the album is Video Games. I think most fans choose something like Off to the Races or National Anthem, because of the quick succession of references/"pretty lyrics". That's probably what I dislike most about the lyrical content of the album -- most of lines seem "tumblr-ready" to be made into edits with muted colors and the lyrics in Helvetica transcribed on top.

I'm not sure what Lana's writing-process is like -- she's spoken about it a few times, but has never gone into great detail -- but her lyrics make me think that she thinks of "pretty" lines/phrases/couplets first and foremost, and then strings them together. Something along the lines of, "Oh, I like the lines "soul as sweet as blood-red jam" and "every inch of my tar-black soul", how can I incorporate these into a song?" I think many songwriters use a similar technique, but it just seems like the entirety of most of her songs were written like this. (Again, I admit that I don't know her writing-process and this very well may not be the case). When I listen to a song like Video Games, I don't have the same thought. It strikes me as a very organic song to write, very natural and just... sincere.

Sure, the lyrics are simple, but I like the simplicity. You don't need to be trying to cram in every pretty phrase/60s reference/hip-hop slang into every damn line you write! I'd like to state that I don't inherently hate 60s references/Americana... but I do think that Lana has approached this theme before with much more positive/beautiful results. LDRakaLG is a great example of how the Americana themes and "pretty lyrics" can marry a much simpler songwriting style and have the outcome be something incredibly beautiful, more beautiful than Born to Die. This is the Lana I fell in love with, and will probably always be in love with. <3 LDRakaLG is just so beautiful and sincere and ...not contrived. How someone can listen to Oh Say Can You See and Raise Me Up and believe the lyrics aren't as good as those on Born to Die is beyond me! O _ O

So, you can imagine that after having heard Body Electric the first time, I was so, so disappointed. I still am. I think the music is beautiful, but the lyrics really aren't. I was going to type something like, "Lana's becoming a caricature of herself", but I realize now that she already is. :\ I know that this song is on a re-release, so the new songs will be in the same vein of those on Born to Die. I've accepted that whatever new songs will be similar, as disappointing as it is. So instead of bitching and moaning about how the lyrical content on the re-release is horrible, I'll be looking forward to her next effort and hoping that unlike the time between LDRakaLG and Born to Die, she grows as a songwriter. And instead of complaining and writing long-winded rants on forums, I'll appreciate Born to Die for what it is -- just one "phase" in what will hopefully be long-lasting career -- and a phase that is necessary and on route to Lana's future definitive masterpiece.

Remember this 2012 tea?

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

agreed 

log out.

I hate her short hair she is wearing now.

No shade to Marina (I love her) but Lana's new haircut looks almost identical :toofunny: I bet Lana will put hair extensions in when she starts touring. She never sticks with the same weave for too long.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371