Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Oh come on, not when your sig is Marina & the Diamonds "Homewrecker"

lmaooooo what a burn. Homewrecker keeps on being 100 better than Summer Bummer tho!

Not siding with anyone here but just offering my humble opinion - 

Although I enjoy Summer Bummer, I prefer Homewrecker as it fits in with a more cohesive album and persona as Electra Heart. I think it tells more of a story within the song than Summer Bummer, and adds to the story of the album as a whole in a way which I feel Summer Bummer doesn't with Lust For Life. (But don't get me wrong - I love a bit of Summer Bummer, but I just feel Homewrecker has more to it)

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Not siding with anyone here but just offering my humble opinion - 

Although I enjoy Summer Bummer, I prefer Homewrecker as it fits in with a more cohesive album and persona as Electra Heart. I think it tells more of a story within the song than Summer Bummer, and adds to the story of the album as a whole in a way which I feel Summer Bummer doesn't with Lust For Life. (But don't get me wrong - I love a bit of Summer Bummer, but I just feel Homewrecker has more to it)

Then again I guess there's the fact that the whole Electra Heart "thing" was very corny anyway. It's not something most adults would find any value in. Valley of the Dolls, Fear and Loathing, Sex, Yeah and Buy the Stars were genuinely good though. I'm aware that Marina was pushed into it by her label, I saw her talk at Oxford online. I actually really like her as a person but her music is just okay to me. Half of the FROOT album I liked, the rest was really basic corny pop music. I liked Happy, Froot, I'm a Ruin, Savages, Immortal and Solitaire to varying extents. The Family Jewels.. okay so even though I'm British and grew up in England and still live there, really British things make me cringe, even down to accents. The Family Jewels is too much for me now lmao. But don't try to tell me anybody who has never written a song before would struggle to come up with something as uninteresting or corny as Can't Pin Me Down. She's very hit-and-miss for me. (I basically gave most of my opinions on Marina in one post bc I know it's off-topic).

I'm actually not a fan of the Born to Die coverart, I mean it's iconic, sure, but her face looks a little off to me in it.  :toofunny: 

I much prefer the edits with this picture:

sddefault.jpg

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

i hate the fact she has alexandria and ashley (her lil dancers) on stage with her. in my opinion they add nothing to the show and just get in the way  :hooker:  :flutter:

They're kinda cute in the cherry choreography 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

They're kinda cute in the cherry choreography 

ok yeah i like the whole cherry thing but i went to the london show and i just wasn't vibing them

also another unpopular opinion - i thought glittergate2017 was the funniest thing ever

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

i hope that in her next era she sticks to the aesthetic...

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

if there is an Unreleased album, i don't want it to be treated like an era. i just want her to drop it and go. sing the songs live, whatever, and i hate to say it-- but i kinda enjoy having the unreleased songs being little gems that you find when you're really dedicated to an artist. i also just enjoy showing and surprising people when introducing them to lana with bops like Jealous Girl or Hit and Run :toofunny:

I agree! The entire 'era' of an unreleased album should just be unreleased photos as well. My ultimate ideal is that she would get one or two professionally recorded performances but in a smaller jazz venue or something where she could be heard better like the Sydney Opera House. Or maybe something like Marinas acoustic live videos for Electra Heart that were released like official music videos, so that way there wouldn't be the issue of keeping the audience quiet

my favourite band The Birthday Massacre did an unreleased album of old songs and it went perfectly. It was just a special release that fans who weren't very dedicated probably still don't know about. It was just like a side project that no one considers an era or part of their official discography and music evolution. I would hope Lanas would still be on Spotify ofc tho

i would love to see her doing complete choreos, adding more dancers to the stage, doing some interludes and backdrops for the tour.

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

Paradise is her worst album :azealia:

UMMM... this is the unpopular opinion thread, not the wrong opinion thread.   :byeh8rs2:  :judgingu3:  :lanahairflip2:

JK tho for real, I've noticed not a lot of people have very strong feelings about Paradise. It's usually always like 'yeah it's good'. Paradise is my favorite, but I rarely see strong opinions go either way about it being her best or worst. Wonder why?

I don't get why people take In my feelings so seriously like it's obviously a funny track not some artistic masterpiece. I notice a lot of stans on tumblr always bring up IMF and are like 'lana is over she went mainstream blah blah' 'lana's lost her way she just can't make good music anymore'