Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I hope that if Lana ever does a full visual project it's short, to the point, has great aesthetic, no corners cut, and completely stand alone. Like if tropico was 100% it's own thing. 

-

-

I think the biggest issue lately is that Lana has been cutting corners with everything lately. It started during Ultra, then it was a bit more noticeable during HM, and during LfL it just hits you in the face with how many short cuts she took. The worst part is that LfL has three of her best tracks (Heroin, GF, Change), but everything around it feels sloppy. Really I don't want to blame Lana 100%, because she did mention having difficulties with directors and such. I think she really does well with Chuck, Neil, and Nicole Noland, Johnny Blue Eyes, Rick, etc. etc. (I mean this list could go on Justin Parker, Dan Heath, really I need to stop). She probably has pressure from her managers and her label ( most likely her label) to work with new people. I also have a feeling Lana want's to try to be a bit more mainstream, at least for a little bit. 

Lana is always changing and evolving and experimenting, so I'm ready for whatever happens next. I hope it involves less of what ever the hell is happening now. 

PS- If our girl wants a pop hit she should take a few steps back and DITCH j*ck ant*noff and benny blanco, and work with Justin Parker, Emile Hayine, and Dan Heath. I think we forgot how famous Lana is sometimes, she really doesn't need to tag someone bigger than her name onto her work. I think it be really dope if she worked with a smaller producer over anything. 

tl;dr - I want lana to work with better people and that her label is (probably allegedly) dumb  :hooker:

edit - this was written really off the cuff so sorry if it's all over the place and some of things I say don't make sense.

Edited by Trailer Park Darling

Lust for Life is one of my favorites from her.

I like Cherry.

I like C-WIMM

I like Groupie Love

I like Get Free

I like Change

I like Love

I like 13 Beaches

I don't understand the slander.

It's a great album.

Y'all always hate on new shit I don't get it.

xMcVPI7.jpg

Lust for Life is one of my favorites from her.

I like Cherry.

I like C-WIMM

I like Groupie Love

I like Get Free

I don't understand the slander.

It's a good album.

Y'all always hate on new shit I don't get it.

look at everyones complete 180 on honeymoon lol. I guess when the next project comes out LfL will be her magnum opus and the White Mustang video was actual good, etc. etc.

look at everyones complete 180 on honeymoon lol. I guess when the next project comes out LfL will be her magnum opus and the White Mustang video was actual good, etc. etc.

I hate when people are like that.

It's the same with Marina and probably most fandoms.

Electra Heart used to be her "sellout album" and "nothing like what she used to be".

Now it's "a million times better than Froot."

Once MATD4 comes out FROOT will be the new Electra and it bothers me.

L4L is a very good album and the songs have really good and powerful meanings.

Like just appreciate something for what it is now instead of waiting.

xMcVPI7.jpg

She probably has pressure from her managers and her label ( most likely her label) to work with new people. I also have a feeling Lana want's to try to be a bit more mainstream, at least for a little bit. 

...and that her label is (probably allegedly) dumb  :hooker:

I've always wondered about this. She truly has a interesting contract with Interscope, considering how big and hard they are on their artist (but surprisingly not for the last 4 years, theyre literally hands off on all of their new and old artists [K.Flay, Yungblud // Lana, Kendrick, Eminem], they look like chickens running without heads sometimes)

apart from the Auerbach UV version being rejected by the label, what other tug-of-wars has Lana had with her label(s)? Is there even pressure that they put on her since we throw the word lazy a lot around here in terms of era consistency? 

I definitely hope Lana continues at least somewhat voicing about global issues (the #MeToo/Tim'es Up movement), and just like posting photos of the protests on school shootings, because people DO listen and take notice when famous people do things like that on social media, and even speaking one or two sentences about it in interviews.

But I think she needs to realise that she doesn't necessarily have to use that in her music. I like where she was going with those few political songs on LFL, but I don't exactly desire that from her music. Her music is revolutionary no matter what!

I've always wondered about this. She truly has a interesting contract with Interscope, considering how big and hard they are on their artist (but surprisingly not for the last 4 years, theyre literally hands off on all of their new and old artists [K.Flay, Yungblud // Lana, Kendrick, Eminem], they look like chickens running without heads sometimes)

apart from the Auerbach UV version being rejected by the label, what other tug-of-wars has Lana had with her label(s)? Is there even pressure that they put on her since we throw the word lazy a lot around here in terms of era consistency?

I think at times Lana can’t follow through with her own artistic vision and just kind of says fuck it, and half asses some things. I understand, because we watched her try her hardest back in 2011-2013, and still face heavy crictism. Lana has stated plenty of times before she doesn’t like the negativity and would rather not deal with it. So I guess with that + sometimes getting fucked over by her label makes her ..... lazy (?)

I hate when Lana collabs with other artists, collaborations just pollute the world of Miss Del Rey

Tbh almost all of her collabs really disappointed me. Her voice alone is perfection.

They talked her into having a deluxe version of UV.

THIS

A few days late but if it makes u feel better is not like UV was the most exciting thing to stan back when we just had no idea of release date and like...

At least when she said "SOON" it was really SOON with Shades Of Cool being released hours later after the tweet with "SOON" lmfao.

Each era after Paradise has been pretty much the same. Lead Single coming out almost out of nowhere, 1-2 music videos by the time the album is released (WC\SOC -HBTB\MTWBT - LOVE\LFL) and then 1 another after the album (Ultraviolence - FREAK - White Mustang), mentioning music videos that probably will never happen (this one since Cola)... and Cancelled stuff like performances photoshoots concerts and whatever.

I wish they would actually change things up a little by the next release and my actual POPULAR OPINION I guess would be if she dropped a Visual Record or something like that. Even if it's short album.

Could be like 10 songs + Music Videos... would be pretty much amazing, coming from Lana. (BTD+Paradise got us 10 music videos if we cont every song on Tropico as a standalone. Never realized that but yeah. 

Video Games - Blue Jeans - Carmen - Born To Die - National Anthem - Summertime Sadness - Ride - Body Electric - Gods & Monsters - Bel Air.

Lana mentioned wanting to do a video for Without You, Dark Paradise & Cola. That would have been 13...

I think ultraviolance would've been the perfect visual album

YoungKindheartedCapybara-max-1mb.gif

IMO I think the bonus tracks were completely unnecessary, if Lana really liked the songs there should've been an EP. I hate the fact that her label hinders her artistic vision for the sake of making money (I assume).

IMO I think the bonus tracks were completely unnecessary, if Lana really liked the songs there should've been an EP. I hate the fact that her label hinders her artistic vision for the sake of making money (I assume).

ok but florida kilos and flipside are some of her best songs 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

But this is also awkward because it's very likely she loves Black Beauty & Florida Kilos. Deluxe versions are not really different from then giving rights to certains stores release ur albuns in limited vinyl\coloured stuff\expensive boxsets etc which she seems to be totally ok with.

I think Lana mentioned being "cool" with interscope and tbh I think they have some... really nice relationship or otherwise they would have dropped eachother already.

I mean it's pointless for the label to have an artist that won't promote the songs\album in general and just release them out of nowhere, and even thought lana is "BIG" she's just not a million seller.  she's really like "I don't bother just drop the songs and let them be heard when ready" and that's it, no big ambition over her music etc

But this is also awkward because it's very likely she loves Black Beauty & Florida Kilos. Deluxe versions are not really different from then giving rights to certains stores release ur albuns in limited vinyl\coloured stuff\expensive boxsets etc which she seems to be totally ok with.

I think Lana mentioned being "cool" with interscope and tbh I think they have some... really nice relationship or otherwise they would have dropped eachother already.

I mean it's pointless for the label to have an artist that won't promote the songs\album in general and just release them out of nowhere, and even thought lana is "BIG" she's just not a million seller.  she's really like "I don't bother just drop the songs and let them be heard when ready" and that's it, no big ambition over her music etc

she surely must have a good relationship with them if she's allowed to rework parts of the album and scrap a full concept with the bar video right before its scheduled release date. i mean rescheduling events and having to deal with all these magazines etc. again is just extra work for them that would not have been done if they were on bad terms. And yeah i'd take a deluxe version over a $70 box set with six additional art prints anytime.

i76mrxw.png 

hmmmm....I don't think it's that black and white. contracts are contracts. I think interscope has gotten too involved with her music and her own artistic vision. It's just something I've noticed. No matter what you think none of us really know.

ok but florida kilos and flipside are some of her best songs 

Well I agree, I think the bonus tracks on ultra are the best songs on the album honestly. I just think it would've made a better EP than awkward bonus tracks. 

I think they also scrapped Without You as the original final song of BTD and also stripped down TIWMUG, something that she wasn't really a fan of, I'm not quite sure tho

8nl2OpX.png