Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

california is the most overrated song on NFR

Β 

when Venice Bitch exists... ?

Β 

I don't know why you guys are arguing as to which song is most overrated on NFR, when in actuality the album as a whole is overrated. But if I were to truly give an opinion I'd say that both songs are equally overrated.Β 

Β 

Some fans think 'California' is the most amazing song because they think it's about Barrie (which it might as well be for all I care). It's an alright song, I guess it's the most emotional on the album as far as vocal delivery goes, but on an album full of unnecessary musical outros that replaced bridges, the song weirdly lacks both. Choices.

Β 

As for 'Venice Bitch' her fans with entry level taste in music somehow convinced themselves the song is revolutionary because it's like 10 minutes long, when also in reality the long/hazy musical outro basically beefs up what is weak song to begin with. I would've honestly think the song is amazing had said musical outro had actually been interesting to listen to, but it lacks structure and the guitar/bass riffs are too basic for me to care for like a whole 6 minutes. It's cute, but it's a skip.

Β 

Β 

As for 'Venice Bitch' her fans with entry level taste in music somehow convinced themselves the song is revolutionary because it's like 10 minutes long, when also in reality the long/hazy musical outro basically beefs up what is weak song to begin with. I would've honestly think the song is amazing had said musical outro had actually been interesting to listen to, but it lacks structure and the guitar/bass riffs are too basic for me to care for like a whole 6 minutes. It's cute, but it's a skip.

Β 

Β 

I always thought the first two minutes were the weak part of Venice Bitch, i'm surprised you dislike the outro

I always thought the first two minutes were the weak part of Venice Bitch, i'm surprised you dislike the outro

Β 

It's just whatever to me I guess. I actually like the song before the outro kicks in (and also the "if you weren't mine I'd be jealous of your love"). Like I said I think it's cute song. But, while I'm into prog-rock and psychedelic rock, the song lacks structure it's almost too random and also there's something just plain and beige about it, but then again I feel this exact way about the whole damn NFR era.

'Sad Girl' is criminally underrated, the bridge:"I'm on fire baby, I'm on fire",Β ties with the guitar solo in 'Pretty When You Cry' as the emotional apex of the record in my honest opinion.

not sure if this is rly unpopular but

lana needs to stop having so many second thoughts. too many "demos" and v1's sound sooo much better than the final. e.g. freak like me bridge, YAIL intro... truly things that shouldve seen the light of day. i know her label and managers make her change a lot of things, its not only her, but i watched one of her recent interviews a couple nights ago and she talks about how she is alwaysΒ  wanting to change things thats why having an album done 90 days (or 60 i lost memory) before release is so hard for her... but lanz,,, stick with ur original ideas more often pls<3Β 

Β 

i know MOST of us really love hearing demos and alt versions but more so often i find myself choosing to listen to those rather than the released or final versions.Β 

not sure if this is rly unpopular but

lana needs to stop having so many second thoughts. too many "demos" and v1's sound sooo much better than the final. e.g. freak like me bridge, YAIL intro... truly things that shouldve seen the light of day. i know her label and managers make her change a lot of things, its not only her, but i watched one of her recent interviews a couple nights ago and she talks about how she is alwaysΒ  wanting to change things thats why having an album done 90 days (or 60 i lost memory) before release is so hard for her... but lanz,,, stick with ur original ideas more often pls<3Β 

Β 

i know MOST of us really love hearing demos and alt versions but more so often i find myself choosing to listen to those rather than the released or final versions.Β 

exactly, almost every born to die demo is better than the final version of the songsΒ  :facepalm:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I want her to do a song where she really talks about the things she’s seen in Hollywood. She’s hinted at a lot. When she talked about Hope Is A Dangerous Thing, she lowkey confirmed she had seen some fucked up shit regarding sexual abuse and the casting couch. And then I remember that interview where they asked her about Harvey Weinstein and she just awkwardly said β€œI’d say he was flirtatious...” then got real quiet.

Β 

I hope this isn’t coming across as inappropriate but I’d be curious to know hear (at least vaguely) what she’s seen and gone thru.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I want her to do a song where she really talks about the things she’s seen in Hollywood. She’s hinted at a lot. When she talked about Hope Is A Dangerous Thing, she lowkey confirmed she had seen some fucked up shit regarding sexual abuse and the casting couch. And then I remember that interview where they asked her about Harvey Weinstein and she just awkwardly said β€œI’d say he was flirtatious...” then got real quiet.

Β 

I hope this isn’t coming across as inappropriate but I’d be curious to know hear (at least vaguely) what she’s seen and gone thru.

Β 

i'm also someone who is curious about what happens in hollywood, i'ts no secret that it's a crazy place. as long as she doesn't get into trouble or danger, i'm here for lana talking more about it. i feel like she's one of the few celebrities that i trust aren't involved in any serious, fucked up shit. but then again she is a celebrity, who has had her controversies (harvey weinstein...) i like to give her the benefit of the doubt i guess.Β 

WGe8ynS.gif

^ I think Hope is as close as we're gonna get, for the foreseeable future. I can't imagine her spilling in any more detail than that.Β 

Β 

She seems to enjoy being cryptic, and I can't see it changing.Β 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I like Ride but part of me wishes they’d gone with another vocal take. She sounds like a frog on it tbh

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Wait WHAT

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I want WHF to sound like Groupie Love/West Coast/Love/Cherry/Cinnamon Girl....dreamy sexy fun songs

Β 

I’m sorry but I can’t listen to another Mariners Apartment Complex....

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I don't want Lana to go back blonde. I prefer dark haired Lana or that soft red/ light brown color from btd era. dunno whats the hype with super blonde lana? she looks more unique and beautiful with dark hair or the btd color.

I want WHF to sound like Groupie Love/West Coast/Love/Cherry/Cinnamon Girl....dreamy sexy fun songs

Β 

I’m sorry but I can’t listen to another Mariners Apartment Complex....

Β 

honestly same