Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

i think tnbar is more thematically correct with nfr though. she literally said nfr (the song) is about a man who thinks so highly of himself and is self centred and this and that, so he changing the lyrics literally didn't make sense. its not a bad song but i really preferred the demo.

no i understand im right there w ya shes really messy at times

negAbhB.png

My unpopular opinion is that NFR is one of my least favorite Lana albums. It's good, don't get me wrong, but most of the songs are sleeper. I've only listened to the whole thing like three times, so maybe it needs time to grow on me. The only songs I really like are Cinnamon girl, Happiness is a butterfly and Doin' Time. 

First post ayyy, lemme fire off some unpopular opinions

NFR is boring. Music videos were boring.

Her makeunder sucks.

A lot of her old Lizzy stuff makes me cringe and a lot of it is super repetitive.

Black is her best hair color.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I hate the vocals of NFR ... to me her voice sounds so whiny and tedious ??

I love her vocals on every other record, especially Paradise vocal production...

First post ayyy, lemme fire off some unpopular opinions

NFR is boring. Music videos were boring.

Her makeunder sucks.

A lot of her old Lizzy stuff makes me cringe and a lot of it is super repetitive.

Black is her best hair color.

you can leave now.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

I hate the no makeup phase she's in right now. She's beautiful regardless, but I miss the dramatic lashes and the long nails... (I also miss her old hairstylist Anna Cofone, this new one she has is questionable).

I think she’s lowkey depressed tbh

I know she’s saying she’s happy and all that, but am I the only one who’s not really buying it? the lyrics of NFR and her own behavior make it seem like she’s not as peachy as she appears.

all of NFR was like “I’m burnt out, I’m tired of doing this, I want a man, I feel like I’m crazy,” etc. I don’t think she’s hardcore depressed, but she seems...defeated? Lonely and just kind of stuck?

I think she takes comfort and in hanging with her girlfriends and chilling by the beach and all that, but I feel like she’s unhappy. Maybe restless.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

I think she’s lowkey depressed tbh

I know she’s saying she’s happy and all that, but am I the only one who’s not really buying it? the lyrics of NFR and her own behavior make it seem like she’s not as peachy as she appears.

all of NFR was like “I’m burnt out, I’m tired of doing this, I want a man, I feel like I’m crazy,” etc. I don’t think she’s hardcore depressed, but she seems...defeated? Lonely and just kind of stuck?

I think she takes comfort and in hanging with her girlfriends and chilling by the beach and all that, but I feel like she’s unhappy. Maybe restless.

i dont think she's necessarily depressed i mean "at best i can say im not sad" lana's always made it clear since lust for life she hasn't achieved complete happiness (said yosemite was too happy for her to release) i think lana has reached a point in her life where is content with her career and she'd rather just life a normal life and she's trying to do that so hard by going to church, hanging with her new friends, getting into poetry, not glamming herself up n all that 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

i dont think she's necessarily depressed i mean "at best i can say im not sad" lana's always made it clear since lust for life she hasn't achieved complete happiness (said yosemite was too happy for her to release) i think lana has reached a point in her life where is content with her career and she'd rather just life a normal life and she's trying to do that so hard by going to church, hanging with her new friends, getting into poetry, not glamming herself up n all that

Yeah that’s kind of how I feel.

Even her little Mother’s Day speech was telling. A) she’s clearly not cool with her mother right now B) she shouts out the women who aren’t where they hoped to be in life. I feel like that may be her. I remember she said in like 2014 she’d def have kids in 5 years. Yet here we are.

So I feel like, while she’s not totally depressed (“I’m not sad”), she’s also not really satisfied either. I mean, most of NFR was her begging for someone to love her and not abuse her for once. She’s lonely I think :(

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

Born To Die's album cover is the worst cover of all the albums..   :pft:

Okay but I love how Paradise is summery version of the same cover. It makes me like the BTD cover more.

For me, it goes Honeymoon > UV > LFL > Paradise > BTD > NFR

My least favourite is easily NFR ... I still don't like that Jack Nicholson's grandson is seemingly randomly in it? Maybe I'm just completely missing the point of that cover, but it seems like such an awkward conglomeration of ideas.

I really like the concept for LFL - it's cute - but I can't get past the poor execution.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream