Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I don't think this is unpopular, but Lana should learn to play a few instruments! To get inspired and obviously be way more respected as a musician.

Grimes learned to play the guitar, ukelele, violin, keys and drums for Art Angels. She always craves for more inspiration and creativity.

I was pretty sure she played guitar? I know she doesn't play any instruments on stage but she still possibly knows how to play some and we just not know. I know in one of the articles pre-Honeymoon she said she brought one of the producers songs she had "composed" which I would assume meant lyrics and melodies/chords. I don't know for sure though!

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I was pretty sure she played guitar? I know she doesn't play any instruments on stage but she still possibly knows how to play some and we just not know. I know in one of the articles pre-Honeymoon she said she brought one of the producers songs she had "composed" which I would assume meant lyrics and melodies/chords. I don't know for sure though!

Yeah I don't doubt she knows a little how to play the guitar and the keys too (I remember there was a pic of her in front of a piano or something like that, during pre-Dan UV sessions) and she plays the mellotron in Freak so. But you know what I'm talking about lol, looking for more inspiration through new instruments.

This is one video that shows her playing some basic chords on guitar, so it's possible she's improved since then

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Honeymoon is a good album, but it's dragged down by its weakest songs. Honeymoon was a long opening track, but it dragged on because it didn't really do anything. Terrence Loves You is a really potentially good song, the Maida Vale Sessions show that, but the studio version is done badly. The volume is all over the place and whenever it gets loud, it gets very tinny and ends up with sounds in the background that make it unpleasant to listen to. 24 Hours is both out of place and its lyrics are awful. It sounds like a theme song for a self-aware Bond rip-off. And Lana should never do another Nina Simone cover again. She managed to drain all of the soul out of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood.

giphy.gif

Yeah I don't doubt she knows a little how to play the guitar and the keys too (I remember there was a pic of her in front of a piano or something like that, during pre-Dan UV sessions) and she plays the mellotron in Freak so. But you know what I'm talking about lol, looking for more inspiration through new instruments.

I actually didn't know about the mellotron and the picture of her with the keys lol. Maybe you are right though, maybe another instrument would be more inspiration. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Nowadays, when I listen to Freak I swear I'm about to fall sleep, she shounds so plain and bored. I swear it wasn't like this the first months after Honeymoon's release I guess I just got bored 

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Nowadays, when I listen to Freak I swear I'm about to fall sleep, she shounds so plain and bored. I swear it wasn't like this the first months after Honeymoon's release I guess I just got bored 

Well that's not unpopular I guess... I was just about to post that Freak is underrated to me. I don't know what is real anymore  :noparty:

The only pic similar that I see is this one? 

AxY4hoACQAA3jg-_large.jpg

ZKcaooE.png

Is This Happiness is not talked about enough.

no kidding! it's one of the most effective ballads on Ultraviolence and the film noir references are more apparent on ITH than any other song on UV barring maybe SOC

title251192345.png

But it is featured in a lot of year-end lists?? Lol, there's even a thread for it! :)

Ultraviolence was even #1 or in Top 10 for many of the charts, but it isn't the case for Honeymoon this year. This year there are Kendrick Lamar, Adele, Jamie xx, Florence and many other good albums which made Honeymoon underrated which is a shame. High By the Beach is still a bop though.

Judging by how often people post comments like "this song is soooo overrated", "this song is talked about way too much" and so on, I think what I am about to say is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but, honestly, I don't think any of Lana's songs are overrated.

Personally, in my opinion, all of Lana's songs that seem to be appreciated the most (songs like Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness, Born to DIe, Video Games, High By The Beach, Young & Beautiful, etc.) definitely deserve to be so widely liked. The word "overrated" indicates that it is liked or enjoyed too much, and I think that saying such a thing towards such masterpieces is ridiculous. If you said someone like the tasteless Taylor Swift was overrated, I'd agree, because her music isn't art at its finest, like Lana's is, and it's put together for the masses. But I don't understand how people can claim any of Lana's songs are overrated, because as far as I can see, they certainly deserve the praise, love and adulation they receive.

If it were a song like Guns and Roses, or Carmen, for example, that was her most popular, then I could understand using the term "overrated", because they're simply some of her weaker pieces. But the fact of the matter is, they aren't her most popular.

If anything, I'd say Lana has more underrated songs than overrated.

I get so mad when people say Lana is indie. LANA. IS. NOT. FUCKING. INDIE. For fuck's sake, do you even know what's the definition of indie? Lana WAS indie when she was Lizzy Grant. In that time, she had no company, had not fame, so that makes her indie. She used to do everything alone, without help from anyone. Right now she's famous, she is recognized, and has support and help of a big company. So please, get informed. The same with Marina and The Diamonds and other artist that are ''Indie Queens'' in tumblr.

i saw a post on facebook saying she's "indie queen", i needed  to unburden

tumblr_m5ui30G0B61r1peixo1_500.gif

thats an Akai 808 which is used to play samples and make beats or loops. i hadn't seen this before, cool pic

Ikr it's nice! Thank you for the info, also I just noticed this morning the Diet Mountain Dew in the corner haha. I'm not sure it's UV era though

ZKcaooE.png

Lizzy Grant stuff makes me sad. I don't like to listen to those songs or watch the performances or videos during Lana's Lizzy era. It seems like Lana is embarrassed of that time in her life. She literally became someone else... appearance wise and in the way she sings.

Lizzy Grant stuff makes me sad. I don't like to listen to those songs or watch the performances or videos during Lana's Lizzy era. It seems like Lana is embarrassed of that time in her life. She literally became someone else... appearance wise and in the way she sings.

Her (possible) disdain for earlier works makes me want them even more, tbh. #unrequitedLoveTriangle.

Unpopular Opinion:
Singing Serial Killer, You Can Be the Boss, and Us Against the World last tour was my favorite instance of LDR-promo last year. Hopefully, she'll sing even more unreleased/suppressed work on her next tour.

Her (possible) disdain for earlier works makes me want them even more, tbh. #unrequitedLoveTriangle.

Unpopular Opinion:
Singing Serial Killer, You Can Be the Boss, and Us Against the World last tour was my favorite instance of LDR-promo last year. Hopefully, she'll sing even more unreleased/suppressed work on her next tour.

ALL OF THIS.  :flutter:

Also known as BlueAsJeans on AltBoardsDoes-The-Body-Rule2.pngtiny.png