Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Lana remixes are really enjoyable? People ride them off because "Lana's music wasn't meant to be remixed!!!11!1!!!" but I love it. It's boring to hear only dance-pop songs be remixed. Lana's genre is very different, so it's very interesting to hear.

IKR, I love most of her remixes. Her voice is incredible in every genre and style.

You know your argument makes more sense when the other person says they "can't be bothered to read that much from you" and "don't care to respond to anything".

No, lol. It's just not that important to read a long post coming from you, like I already said. I can't be arsed to read that and respond when I don't really care. It wasn't worth a response. Although actually it would be the same response as the one right above when you quoted me if I were to. Nobody cares that much, seriously. Again, goodbye.

Lana remixes are really enjoyable? People ride them off because "Lana's music wasn't meant to be remixed!!!11!1!!!" but I love it. It's boring to hear only dance-pop songs be remixed. Lana's genre is very different, so it's very interesting to hear.

ngl, my only problem with Lana remixes is that it seems like - even with big name producers - it seems like they make little effort to make mixes that actually match the vocals. The most illustrative example being Cedric Gervais' remix of Young and Beautiful. It was like he slapped an EDM beat over the original and made no effort to really mix it.

this is my favorite, and the best imo, Lana remix:

giphy.gif

What's with all this 24 hate? Yeah, the lyrics are pretty repetitive and boring, but the melodies are just so jazzy and 'Bond-esque', along with the sultry yet dramatic instrumentation. And Lana's voice is just amazing, how she slides so effortlessly from a D#3 all the way to an A#5. I really do not think it's a bad song, I don't think it's the best on Honeymoon, yet it's still amazing. 

What's with all this 24 hate? Yeah, the lyrics are pretty repetitive and boring, but the melodies are just so jazzy and 'Bond-esque', along with the sultry yet dramatic instrumentation. And Lana's voice is just amazing, how she slides so effortlessly from a D#3 all the way to an A#5. I really do not think it's a bad song, I don't think it's the best on Honeymoon, yet it's still amazing. 

It's because it's Bond-esque that it's an awful song. The lyrics aren't repetitive or boring, they're outright cringeworthy. The instrumentation itself is great, the lyrics are terrible.

giphy.gif

Honeymoon is like... one of the worst album titles I know.

Really? I absolutely love the word. I wish she would have incorporated big, yellow moons in the aesthetic of the album. And I feel like there's songs set in the west (GKIT), Italy (Salvatore), jungle?(MTWBT), beach (HBTB), city(AD), California (Freak) - its like traveling the world on your Honeymoon. I think its a beautiful word. But maybe I should post in the HM appreciation thread and not unpopular opinions.  :creep:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Really? I absolutely love the word. I wish she would have incorporated big, yellow moons in the aesthetic of the album. And I feel like there's songs set in the west (GKIT), Italy (Salvatore), jungle?(MTWBT), beach (HBTB), city(AD), California (Freak) - its like traveling the world on your Honeymoon. I think its a beautiful word. But maybe I should post in the HM appreciation thread and not unpopular opinions.  :creep:

Yes the concept is truly beautiful but the word itself is just so boring and it doesn't reflect the sound of the album at all.

Depends on if it's an actual remix of a song, with the song itself still existing and just being produced in a different way or if it's a super annoying one that loops one line ten times and spams fragments of words.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I think the single magnum opus of Lana's career - from a one-track standpoint, not an album or completely aesthetic one - is her song "Sad Girl". The way it sounds like it's teleporting you straight to a jazz club in hell, with blue flames around that emirate orange when that chorus comes around. There's something terrifying about the way the song works David Lynch references in - almost reinventing imagery from Mulholland Drive's sequences involving the Club Silencio. And when the chorus is delivered after the bridge - with the production vanishing, the reverb on her vocals sounding like screams of emotional pain from the deep pits of hell, and the small, ironically hopeful strings - it becomes one of the only times in Lana's career where I cry every time I hear it. 

I think the single magnum opus of Lana's career - from a one-track standpoint, not an album or completely aesthetic one - is her song "Sad Girl". The way it sounds like it's teleporting you straight to a jazz club in hell, with blue flames around that emirate orange when that chorus comes around. There's something terrifying about the way the song works David Lynch references in - almost reinventing imagery from Mulholland Drive's sequences involving the Club Silencio. And when the chorus is delivered after the bridge - with the production vanishing, the reverb on her vocals sounding like screams of emotional pain from the deep pits of hell, and the small, ironically hopeful strings - it becomes one of the only times in Lana's career where I cry every time I hear it. 

It was my favorite track when I first listened to Ultraviolence. I haven't seen Mulholland Drive (it's on my list though), but I like you picturing the mood of the song as "jazz club in hell". What comes to my mind is the movie Raise the Red Lantern by Yimou Zhang. The lyrics, the mood, the aesthetic, the asian instrument in the song's intro...

It wouldn't fit in the soundtrack as the movie is very traditional Chinese, but the misery of both women (the one in the song and the one in the movie) is very similar.

Stopped reading here, completely irrelevant response. I said nothing about my own thoughts on her songwriting. Nobody is above anyone and that thought alone is completely stupid, some people are just known. The fact is if you wanna just moan about her entire discography, this ain't the place. Also, COMPLAINTS spanning everything she's ever released versus OPINION are completely different things. An opinion can be good to read, a full on criticism is just overdone and nobody but the person themselves cares. There is a difference between an "unpopular opinion" being "this song is better than this one imo" "this is her best album imo" "i dislike this really liked song tbh" and "her discography has limited songwriting". It's just unnecessary. It's your own personal complaint, to which there is absolutely no Response.

Complaints and opinions are two completely different things? Lol what. An opinion is a sentiment that is subjective in nature, period. Please open up a dictionary or at least google before ranting.

Of course it's my own personal complaint, why does there have to be a response? I can't constructively respond to 'Born to Die is her best album' either, because I completely disagree with it and the most impressively worded acclamations of that album will not change what my ears hear when I listen to it. This thread was never titled 'Unpopular Constructive Lana Opinions Which Don't Criticize Her Entire Discography' and why should it be? Needing everyone else to agree with your own opinion is not only egotistical, it reflects a great deal of insecurity.

I honestly can't be bothered to read that much from you after I skimmed it and saw "fangirl mentality", sorry. I don't care to respond anything as much as you just did on a forum about a forum member on the internet, goodbye.

EDIT: Altho it's so funny you both tried to bring up Lana being a "Goddess" or me potentially having a "fangirl mentality", she's a fucking human like anybody else. People are so stupid to assume lol. I couldn't give a fuck about anything but the music, including the fans, so don't type anything much to me again, thank you. She's a person. If a person believes another person is above them as a kind of "Goddess", they are frankly stupid.

Ah, thanks for making it clear that you only skim posts for something which potentially pisses you off because you're looking for an argument. If you had actually bothered to READ, you would know that I was referring to a popular misconception about Lana's fanbase and not you. That's right, not everything I write directly references you. Amazing, huh?

Thanks for the laugh though. Saying 'I don't care to respond anything as much as you just did on a forum about a forum member on the internet' after starting this with a melodramatic response to my opinion is gold.

Thanks to cacciatore for having more patience than me in trying to get across to this person.

Slow Lana is the best Lana, imho.

I've been listening to her unreleased collection and damn her uptempo songs are really good - Boarding School, Driving In Cars With Boys, Go Go Dancer, Live or Die, Hundred Dollar Bill, Is It Wrong, Kinda Outta Luck, She's Not Me, Serial Killer and much more, but at the same time I realized how fucking much I love her singing slow and "jazzy" :creep:

Hanging Around, Money Honey, Methamphetamines, On Our Way, Riverside, Your Band Is All the Rage, her cover of Goodbye Kiss. And obviously, her officially released stuff - Video Games, Oh Say Can You See, Honeymoon, Flipside, Old Money, Shades of Cool, West Coast, Pretty When You Cry, Terrence Loves You... She truly shines when the music is slower.

I do want her next album to be more uptempo, but I'll always prefer a record full of slow ass, guitar-driven 7 minute ballads.

Some of us wanted more presence from her in the media and we get it lately but I can't dismiss the feeling that she was kind of bored/boring. She is always beautiful but for some time she just doesn't care about her image (weight gain, she wore some horrible outfits) and this can be interpreted as empowering but it's just not working with red carpet events. I don't know, maybe she wants to ditch the whole glamorous LDR image and its working because she is constantly on the worst dressed list and people are noticing that she is constantly under-dressed at this events (she is slowly building a frumpy image). Not that I give a fuck about those lists but this seems like trolling to me and she needs to get positive about her career.

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers