Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I still think the title track is the best song on Honeymoon. Yes, it's slow but the pace actually makes it very relaxing and easy to listen to. Lana's vocals are just divine and have this depth of maturity that I honestly haven't heard much in the past. And don't get me started on those strings and how heavenly they are. And that bridge and outro, SO BEAUTIFUL and dreamy! Cannot get enough of this song.

I hate her inclusion of covers on the album. They end up disappointing and they simply become filler tracks. I'd much rather hear a new song than a badly done and awkward cover. I'd even prefer an interlude such as "Burnt Norton" (which is a masterpiece).

Her only good covers were Summer Wine and Chelsea Hotel No. 2, which weren't even included on any albums. 

I love Nina Simone, and I know Lana does, but the covers are getting really old.

Absolutely cannot wait for Lana to release her cover of Wild is the Wind on the next album and continue to snatch our culturally appropriated weaves with a Sinner Man / Strange Fruit mashup on her 5th official LP  :hooker:

I still think the title track is the best song on Honeymoon. Yes, it's slow but the pace actually makes it very relaxing and easy to listen to. Lana's vocals are just divine and have this depth of maturity that I honestly haven't heard much in the past. And don't get me started on those strings and how heavenly they are. And that bridge and outro, SO BEAUTIFUL and dreamy! Cannot get enough of this song.

I agree with you, but Terrence Loves You, God Knows I Tried & Salvatore though aswell :defeated:

I love the Paradise EP  :troll:

it's just so nice to drive to, mkay

I also love Paradise, it's my second fav after UV.

And yeah, I remember when I got my driving liscence, I almost always listened to it while driving. Cola, Burning Desire and Ride are great driving tracks.

Interesting. The Other Woman is a highlight on UV for me. And Blue Velvet is just so magical, I listened to it hundreds of times. It also has Lana's most captivating music video to date.

Yeah, I also think TOW is a highlight in her discography and BV is just the pure retro-magic

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

i hate this picture of her so much 

120816-lana5.png

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Why is Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood a great LDR cover or even an interesting one relative to all those other covers of that song (i.e., the unpopular opinion)? What I've noticed is that it's mostly males (and male bands) that cover it, with Cyndi Lauper, being a notable and excellent exception. But aside from that, what strikes me as possibly novel about LDR's version is that she sounds more like an old-time *male crooner* than the other covers, imo. Think Frank Sinatra's When No One Cares (or A Cottage for Sale, or Only the Lonely, if you want other examples).

I'm not trying to say LDR sings it as well as Frank would, but just that had Frank sung DLMBM, it would have sounded closer to LDR's version (and probably even slower). 

Two people told me they disliked Moije Joue today and I beg to differ. I love Princess Superstar productions so much. It's an amazing cover, it's nasty, it's orgasmic, I love the pace and the stupid lyrics, it's just pure fun I'm so glad we have it 

ZKcaooE.png

Dark Paradise is one of her best songs. The lyrics are so good

That is indeed an unpopular opinion, it seems. I'm so tired of people saying it's almost awful... The demos and studio version are all very good, imo.

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I hate Dark Paradise lmao the demo is waaay better

See ?  :crossed:

Hahaha just kidding. I love the "You got the stuff" bits. Too bad they took those ones out indeed .. On the other hand, the song goes another route without them, more dramatic and longing of a lost person.

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

From her latest outings I see her as depressed as ever, single and entrenched in this urban-trash, second-hand clothing "couture" for what depression and self-loathing are the only explanations I could come up with. It's sad to see that she cannot break this circle of depression in her life because it's affecting her career and music (and not in a good way anymore).

Someone here depicted her situation very aptly by saying that her fandom is "rotting" away. She kind of reacted to it lately with some activity on instagram which will never stop the decline btw.

I'm worried for her headlining so many festivals where she was booked based on her former appeal I'm afraid. I hope that she will take seriously these appearances because there will be less hardcore Lana fans in the public and she has no room for major flops in her career. Some people are starting to question her headlining status and tbh if she'll not spice up her show significantly it will be very easy for the haters to take her down. (Grimes for example is getting a much better press while Lana's presence is usually ignored and certainly I didn't see any excitement about her show)

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

unpopular opinion: I LOVE her cringworthy lines

-i love the "blueblueblueblue" in Freak, "stranger than a stranger"? -hilarious!! I always thought she´s being cheek n´ tongue with these kind of lyrics, slowly realized she´s propably dead serious -even better, that trolls even harder!

-"my pussy tastes like pepsi cola": i never saw it as only a provocative line. the song has this enthusiasm in it and I think she wanted to paint the American dream as something sweet (lol), she´s beeing coquettish with her sexuality and SHE`S DELICIOUS :candy:  :delish: edit: I also always wondered wheather it might be a comment on her commercial succes with BTD 

-"shining like gun metal, cold and unsure": honestly don´t get how this is a bad line? makes me think of a girl who´s partying and seems confident, but is actually shy and unsure, reminds me of "lying to herself 'cause her liquor's top shelf", and talking about coldness:

-"hawaiin glam metal", "surf noir": always loved these terms. they describe the atmosphere so well. the coldness in lanas music is the thing i always related the most to. this dirty, unsetteling atmosphere she creates in LDRAKALG with these tropical, maritime sounds and these cold neon light trashy lyrics always gives me THE CHILLS. (still can´t believe some critics actually criticized that UV sounds suffocative :facepalm: . I don´t know this was probably already said, but I heard that people with anxiety often feel like they suffocate and we know lana has problems with anxiety, so i think its definitely on purpose)

-"elvis is the best hell yes", "hell yeah that guy can sing": for me, these lines just sound so organic, like they seem to be from some easy flirt/chat. they´re cute

-"throw me in the sky, like pizza pie": pure poetry     :worship:  :smokes:

-"d.a.r.k. do it my way kiss me in the p.a.r.k. park":  :party:  :gclap:  :party:  :gclap: 

Her cringy lines add so much charm to her music and Lana wouldn´t be Lana without them i love her  :yesnod:  :rock:  :thankyou: