Deleted User

Natalia Kills

Trouble is actually an excellent album. Natalia is an amazing songwriter,,,one of the best next to sia honestly. Her vocals are good and the production is amazing also. Too bad you can't actually enjoy it cause your opinions are clouded by the Xfactor fiasco. Your loss :oop2:

woo that's jumping the gun a biT

she's good, but not at the level where people are scrambling to get songs from her 

BzhmW.png

I like P and T, but I think I like T a bit more. P feels slicker and a better pop product, but I always quit before the second half. T is rougher but it's a bit more personal and has slightly more tracks that I like.

So I'm curious as to how you guys break down each album.

Perfection:

1. "Perfection"   ( this isn't really a song so I'm not rating it)
2. "Wonderland"  (yes)
3. "Free" (featuring will.i.am)  (it's okay, will.i.am makes it so much worse though, and the "I could look fresh in a potato sack" was better in "Hot Mess")
4. "Kill My Boyfriend"   (love)
5. "Break You Hard"   (okay)
6. "Zombie"  (LOVE THIS)
7. "Love Is a Suicide"    (okay)
8. "Mirrors"    (love)
9. "Not in Love"   (like)
10. "Acid Annie"   (okay)
11. "Superficial"   (okay)
12. "Broke"    (i forgot this existed)
13. "Heaven"    (same)
14. "Nothing Lasts Forever" (featuring Billy Kraven)  (same)
15. "If I Was God"   (okay)

Trouble

Television (good if you ignore the unnecessarily long introduction)
Problem (like)
Stop me (eh)
Boys don't cry (eh)
Daddy's girl (like)
Saturday Night (love)
Devils Don't Fly (okay)
Outta Time (cute song but I don't like it as much anymore)
Controversy (okay)
Rabbit Hole (the slut anthem that never was, love)
Watching You (okay)
Marlboro Lights (okay)
Trouble (love)

I still love Natalia despite that X Factor mess. And despite the stupid name change (Teddy Sinclair, what).

Perfectionist seems a little too conceptual for me to connect with it in the way I do with Trouble if that makes sense. While I understand Trouble is embellished for the story, it still written in a very realistic(?) style that manages to incorporate the music more smoothly. Perfectionist is kind of an ugly album in my opinion. Its still very good songwriting but something about the whole album is very rough to digest for me. The production kind of has that outdated late 2000s production style and the songs are all so dark yet too conceptual for my to emotionally connect with. I don't feel like I'm choosing the best words to describe my feelings because I do like both albums a lot, I just feel like Trouble is a more polished and accessible work compared to the very rough, dark, and conceptual Perfectionist.

(It's also worth noting that the writing on the demos of the Perfectionist tracks was a lot better than the finished products)

I wonder is it's a full version of what she wrote on Holy Water by Madonna.

Thats what I thought when I originally saw the title but I don't think it is because none of the other writers were involved with Holy Water. I'm assuming Rihanna was doing sessions with Jeff Bhasker from the mutual Kanye connection and he recommended writing with Natalia

Hmmmm interesting. I was honestly assuming she was bullshitting about writing for Rihanna but

tumblr_inline_nx9z82jP6k1rcd205_540.png

Rihanna posted a preview of this song almost a year ago

https://instagram.com/p/wZn2FQBMxx/

I can't find the tweets right now but I remember Glass John saying months ago that the Natalia Kills input on the song is minimal, so maybe Rihanna heard some Natalia demo and worked on the track

Trouble is actually an excellent album. Natalia is an amazing songwriter,,,one of the best next to sia honestly. Her vocals are good and the production is amazing also. Too bad you can't actually enjoy it cause your opinions are clouded by the Xfactor fiasco. Your loss :oop2:

I really enjoyed Trouble as an album, only about 2-3 songs I didn't connect with, which is really rare for an album, at least to me.

My favs from it have always been: Television, Devils Don't Fly, Saturday night, trouble and ML

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

She finally went through with the name change. Teddy Sinclair. Can't wait to her the new her and new music.

Hope she gets ripped apart for changing her stage name and that noone actually talks about her music but that all the critics focus the Voice incident in their reviews x)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!