LDRO

"Young & Beautiful" - Lead single from The Great Gatsby Soundtrack, OUT NOW!

So this was going to be on Paradise, but saved it for Gatsby.

Did she write anything new for Gatsby?

I kinda think American might have originally been slated for Gatsby.

Remember, we can't assume any of this. For all we know, 'Young and Beautiful' was written for Born to Die. :creep:

I think there are way too many unknowns in this situation for us to assume which song was originally intended for what album...hopefully she (or Rick, or the director) will soon deliver a tell-all interview. :teehee:

WHY WHY WHY FUCKING BEYONCE WHYYYYYYYYY

You can't just cover AMY!!! :paris:

On another note, I like how the only part of the song we got to hear is the part that was leaked :sass:

It's gonna be good. I'm a little scared for her too but andres on it so its gonna be good...*takes deep breath* 

ER1eLiL.jpg?1

Remember, we can't assume any of this. For all we know, 'Young and Beautiful' was written for Born to Die. :creep:

I think there are way too many unknowns in this situation for us to assume which song was originally intended for what album...hopefully she (or Rick, or the director) will soon deliver a tell-all interview. :teehee:

Considering it's said that she worked with the director, it was probably just written for The Great Gatsby and isn't an outtake at all.

The snippet sounds beautiful and understated. Hoping for some simple magic. It's Rick Nowels so it could either be Lucky Ones/Dark Paradise trash or an I Don't Wanna Go/Cola moment. I'm very happy so far.

But did no one see that the deluxe edition has three more YET TO BE REVEALED tracks on it? Get ready for "Old Money".

iKPpMtIH8zBkI.gif

It just got me thinking, since Gatsby's skin is golden brown. :chuckle:

Considering it's said that she worked with the director, it was probably just written for The Great Gatsby and isn't an outtake at all.

The snippet sounds beautiful and understated. Hoping for some simple magic. It's Rick Nowels so it could either be Lucky Ones/Dark Paradise trash or an I Don't Wanna Go/Cola moment. I'm very happy so far.

But did no one see that the deluxe edition has three more YET TO BE REVEALED tracks on it? Get ready for "Old Money".

iKPpMtIH8zBkI.gif

Sang it with your Sitar :oprah:

I have hope. It actually sounds quite lovely to me. Very sweet, and nostalgic.

Wasn't Young and Beautiful one of the first known songs to be on Paradise? I'm pretty sure she mentioned it in an interview sometime ago in 2012 and even sang a few lines of the song.

Ha, i actually don't dislike the loon (whatever it happens to be--i'd be surprised if Haynie created the sound), i just have a lot of issues with how much/often he uses it, and also how loud it usually is in the mix. Now that i think of it more, i wonder if it's an ego thing. What i mean by that is that it seems like an attempt to put his "producer's stamp" on the stuff he produces, like a calling card of sorts. That was kind of a big thing in the '90s with Timbaland, how one could always recognize a Timbaland single and his signature sound when they heard it. Although, unlike Haynie, Timbaland was pretty adventurous and varied for a while. I don't think he got gimmicky until later. 

I get what you want to say and you have nailed it a bit of course. I love this effect especially on Yayo it's heard a bit more right than Million Dollar Man :P

I think I will like Young And Beautiful. What I don't understand as for the time we are talking I was not here. Why people pissed on the Paradise Edition snippet video? I mean I was so excited to listen to new songs and every one of them was unique in sound for the first time. Not to explain my shock to listen to the new Yayo.

I think I will like Young And Beautiful. What I don't understand as for the time we are talking I was not here. Why people pissed on the Paradise Edition snippet video? I mean I was so excited to listen to new songs and every one of them was unique in sound for the first time. Not to explain my shock to listen to the new Yayo.

i think they mean the longer shitty quality leaked snippets

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Am I the only one who didn't really like Y&B??  :facepalm:  Sounds...well not really good.(why I feel bad for saying I don't like Lana's song...sorry Lana).

I am excited to listen the result of Back 2 black. Besides the irony of B singing that song (soon she will be as white as La Toya Jackson) I think Beyonce is a really good singer when she puts some effort. I used to really like Beyonce I don't listen to her anymore tbh but still think her voice is outstanding,

glgcDdT.gif

Am I the only one who didn't really like Y&B??  :facepalm:  Sounds...well not really good.(why I feel bad for saying I don't like Lana's song...sorry Lana).

I am excited to listen the result of Back 2 black. Besides the irony of B singing that song (soon she will be as white as La Toya Jackson) I think Beyonce is a really good singer when she puts some effort. I used to really like Beyonce I don't listen to her anymore tbh but still think her voice is outstanding,

Most seem to hate it. Idk why, vocal delivery or something, but to be fair that's the very reason most of us thought we'd despise the new Yayo and look, it actually isn't universally spit upon.

Can't wait to hear the "loon" in yab.  :flutter:

Will you still love me when I'm no longer young beautifaaaaaaaaaaal 

I know you will, I know you will... (and then Mary Jane sample) SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

and more lyrics...+ loon "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Can't wait! :oprah:

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

I'm not really feeling the snippet of Young and Beautiful to be honest... it seems a bit weak, I don't know? Maybe I'll have to listen to the snippet a few more times and I'll maybe like it better when I hear the full version!

I have listened to the snippet a few more times now and it has really grown on me! I quite like it. Looking forward to hearing it in full  :flutter:

20r46kx.jpg