LDRO

"Young & Beautiful" - Lead single from The Great Gatsby Soundtrack, OUT NOW!

Will you still BE AGGRESSIVE, B-E AGGRESSIVE, love me, B-E-A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E, when i'm no longer young and beautiful. 

Make that shit happen, Mo. :teehee:

Young and beautiful. Written by Rick Nowels and UNKNOWN WRITER. Damn you Lana, stop making life hard for the stalkers. Srsly.

Is it registered somewhere?

edit: just realised Elvis had a song by that title didn't he?

Yup.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I don't know why Y&B is getting this much hate. I'm in love with the piano intro with the high violins playing that pedal, then the rest of the strings coming in with the vocals and the piano dropping out, and her vocals themselves are so solemn and sweet. The track sounds melifluous, it's soft and it's calm and I love it. I can imagine the bridge in the song (if there is one) sounding like I Dont Wanna Go's. The whole track sounds so geniunely sad, the "I know you will" line comes across as heartbrokenly desperate I can't get over it. And the melody of the "will you still love me" influencing what the piano plays at the start. It's a simple motif but if it's played right it could be used in a very moving way. 

idk maybe im just too hyped to think straight i just cant get over this track  :flutter:

I think the melody is too.. forced? Messy? I'm horrible at describing things but here we go - Okay, like, it feels like the melody would be suited for like.. a techno song. Something fast-paced and danceable. It's one of those long melodies which would be fine were it not for such a slow song. She's cramming so many words into one phrase and I think that sounds tacky and messy. It's not any better that the words she cramming suck, lol. The lyrics are just contrived and boring IMO. The song itself sounds pretty, and I hope the verses don't suck like the chorus, but until I hear it in full, it's getting the same love from me as Dark Paradise gets, lol. 

I think the vocals are too forced for such a slow song. I think it would have been better if she delivered it softer and quieter like a little whisper. It's a sad song, so sound sad, Lana! Then it can pick up through the later part of the song and end with an incredible crescendo.

Is "Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful" the opening line or the chorus (or both). I think it's way too bland to be the chorus. I hope Lana has something different for that.

Yesss to your comment. Also, unfortunately yeah it's the chorus & opening to the song. You're right - it is bland! That's why I never liked it haaaaa, people were all crazy for it when we heard the a capella snippet and I've always been that bitch that has something bad to say about it. 

14417469274.gif

not impressed with lana's vocals in this at all tbh...maybe a nice demo will leak or a more emotional live version. also, am i the only person who thinks all of florence's songs sound really similar? the songs i've heard at least...and what are the xx doing on there? anyways, i'm always happy about new lana material.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

What's the bet Lana will add "Young and Beautiful" to the setlist of her tour after it's released.. I BET IT WILL. Or at least i hope it does. I feel like it'd be perfect live.

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Ugh Beyonce  :facepalm: :crossed: 
I'm not really feeling the snippet of Young and Beautiful to be honest... it seems a bit weak, I don't know? Maybe I'll have to listen to the snippet a few more times and I'll maybe like it better when I hear the full version!

20r46kx.jpg

Ugh Beyonce  :facepalm: :crossed: 

I'm not really feeling the snippet of Young and Beautiful to be honest... it seems a bit weak, I don't know? Maybe I'll have to listen to the snippet a few more times and I'll maybe like it better when I hear the full version!

I feel the exact same way. I don't like the effects they added to her vocals.

I remember when a lot of people, myself included, pissed all over Paradise Edition based on short samples of the songs, but had a much more favorable opinion once we heard the songs in full. I predict the same thing will happen with this song.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

i think everyone needs to rmeemmebr tht it is only a studio version of the snippet we've already heard, we should alls top maling djudgement even good ones. we don't know how this song will go, i mean it only is like 20 seconds so let's all calmd the fuck down and remember and trust that Lana knows what's she's doing and that the song will be perfect alirght. alright.

i'm still gonna fangiurl all over the song and the music video.. BUT STILL. ;et's wait until we get the hwole song #opulecnce

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

So this was going to be on Paradise, but saved it for Gatsby.

Did she write anything new for Gatsby?

I kinda think American might have originally been slated for Gatsby.