Sign in to follow this  
Hundred Dollar Bill

If AKA was released by Lana & BTD was released by Lizzy

Traitor.

I believe everyone should be free. I believe in the country America used tod]aeo#)+9sw90e982838_+@"@: ahhkkksajkakakkaka[[]]''':

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

honestly i have no idea what either would sound like, it's really challenging to even imagine it. but, i'd really love to see the 'lana del rey' spin on the other tracks on aka, it'd be interesting.

4r9w86.jpg

Fuck that. Gimme a Rick Rubin alt-metal version.  :crossed:

Early Rick Rubin SLAYER style! Gimme the brite lites, gimme the brite lites, gimme the ANGEL OF DEATH

Alright, i couldn't pass up the opportunity to do this.

:godlaugh:

EDIT: Ugh, it sounds like ass on vocaroo. Here's a download link because you know you want to download it in good quality  :ohno:

EDIT: Ugh, it sounds like ass on vocaroo. Here's a download link because you know you want to download it in good quality  :ohno:

OH MY GOD LOL GO TO SLEEP. 

14417469274.gif

what have you done? why can't I stop listening?

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I'm not into much rock tbh, but this is amazing.

Is it your arm on the cover?  :hdu:

EQFO7rX.png

why can't I stop listening?

Because it’s fucking awesome and the world was in need of David Kahne and Rick Rubin coming together to create the ultimate Lana love baby.

Is it your arm on the cover?  :hdu:

Ha, NO. That’s a thing that Slayer fans have been doing since the early ’80s. I just googled “slayer carved in arm” to find a photo :creep:  

fff those screams are so intrusive.

Uh, fantastic editing job, but that's not quite what I had in mind... :biblio:  I was thinking more along the lines of the live version of "Brite Lites" because that's the one song on AKA where I don't like David Kahne's production. Cue hate from Maru in 3, 2, 1... Also, I feel like it needed a pitched monologue in there somewhere. :teehee:

OH MY GOD LOL GO TO SLEEP. 

And I feel like your post needed this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kld1u3kntYQ

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Uh, fantastic editing job, but that's not quite what I had in mind... :biblio:  I was thinking more along the lines of the live version of "Brite Lites" 

You do know that i knew what you meant and that this was a joke, right? Come on, evil, it’s funny. Don’t overthink the joke  :dorothy2:

It is neat to think that the guy who produced Slayer 26 years ago also produced Ride though, isn't it? 

Thank you for making this thread :legend: I don't honestly think the final edition of BTD could've made it onto AKA, some songs could pass like DTD, SS, NA, etc but some songs couldn't fit at all Without You & Lucky Ones.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Thank you for making this thread :legend: I don't honestly think the final edition of BTD could've made it onto AKA, some songs could pass like DTD, SS, NA, etc but some songs couldn't fit at all Without You & Lucky Ones.

I also see Lana and Lizzy as 2 different entities inside of one person that create two different sounds and don't talk about the same expeieriences, similar to how I don't see May Jailer as Lizzy and definately not Lana. Whoever May/Lana/Lizzy/SJRQ/etc becomes next then I'm here for it. As long as screamo isn't next, I honestly want her to record with Florence Welch, Lady Gaga (jazz music like MDM) or Tony Bennet on his next album.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Mmmm, sometimes I dream about Million Dollar Man, Carmen and Without You done in Kahne style  :legend:  (and I'm one of few that actually like Haynie)

But it's really hard to imagine how it'd sound like because visually they're quite different. Like, when you listen to AKA it makes you think about trailer parks, gas stations and so on, and it's very americana in a stripped back sense. BTD is different because it's more glamorous, extravagant and lavished, still americana but the theme sticks to opulence, which is why I liked what Haynie had done with BTD, I felt like it was supposed to sound too much and overproduced because that's what that album was aiming for.

So I don't think it'd work releasing BTD as Lizzy Grant because it needs that melodrama and excessiveness, and AKA couldn't be released as Lana (and probably why the remake of Yayo didn't work) because the production has to be spare and in moderation to fit with the visual side of her music.