MafiosiPrincessa

Lana Del Rey: What does not kill you makes you weaker (interview)

This article is originally in Czech so I ran the text through the rarely accurate but always helpful Google Translate. :ohno:

Here's the rough translation:

Interview with Lana Del Rey was twice canceled literally at the last minute, it worked the third time. Fears of a meeting with an asterisk zpovykanou(?) and its quirks but were ultimately unfounded. In his hotel suite Prague Hilton me about two hours before the event on Electronic Beats conquered the Czech audience welcomed the sweet and smiling young woman in shirt and jeans, which you could not help but notice two things: that it is extremely beautiful and the barefoot.

Who told you last time that you look beautiful?

Probably my manager. Yesterday I had a concert, and when I went on stage, he whispered to me that I look great. So he then still head of my tour.

I wonder how often a woman like you hears such a thing.

It depends. I have lived long in New York and at times there was enough to fetch you across the street for coffee and just so happened that I was completely swept stranger compliment. "Would you like sugar in coffee? Probably not, so you're pretty sweet ... "In New York, people are extremely friendly and provide with you just to talk. Something like this happens there is one two.

Appearance plays today in pop-music major role. Do you think these roles have significantly changed compared to such sixtieth or eightieth years?

I do not think. Maybe Sixties had extremely strong aesthetics. Pop sixties was even its visual form directly defined. Boots, dress, big hair styles and expressive eyeliner, it was all very important. Like Elvis the fifties, and with it all those guys, lovely elegant suits. In osmdesátkách then came the hair metal and glam, in the nineties again wore the attitude of "I have everything totally on the hook" ... Each decade had something. But to be honest, I'm on my image I do not care that much. It is true that many people with my name and think of a particular image, but my priority it never was.

You mentioned Elvis. The most significant personalities of American pop-music were almost always solo artists with a stage show "roles". Whether it was Elvis, Marilyn Manson, Madonna, Lady Gaga, or you. While Britain to be musically define a musical group. Of what do you think this difference?

Much to reflect that in my film. A major invention close detail face on the big screen in the fifties. This was basically invented model movie stars as we know it today, especially American movie star. And that changed everything. She came with him a new era of world icons. And Hollywood had on American music very vital. The musicians started presenting more like a movie star.

You are in their infancy reportedly also wanted to play with the band, but gramofirma insisted that it would be a solo singer. How do you assess the decision retroactively?

That is true. I do not know how you found out about it, but it's true!

It says so on Wikipedia.

Oh! You know, I wanted to be part of the band mainly because I did not want to be criticized for myself if someone did not like my music. And I knew that sooner or later something like this will surely occur. I take everything pretty and I knew that I could be an easy target. That's why I wanted to share the stage with other guys and little for them to hide.

You studied philosophy and metaphysics. What led you to do?

When I was sixteen, philosophy was the only subject that to me in high school spoke. I liked and English, but this really struck me. I discovered a group of people who dealt with why we are here, where we came to what we perceive as reality, has its existence. I always put these questions, but no one they could not answer. So I went to study at the best philosophical school in America. That is the New York Fordham University in the Bronx, where I had even moved. It was very interesting.

Can be studying metaphysics for a musician or any other artist somehow beneficial?

Definitely. Each dive into spiritual issues or questions about who we are is an excellent foundation for darker ambient music.

Did you find the answers to your questions? Or at least you have a favorite theory about the origin of things?

I believe in the Big Bang theory and its derived theory. It is generally accepted theory of how the first began to form molecules and how life itself originated. However, this still does not answer the question of what happened before. What was incurred before the molecule. Philosophers or scientists have not found the answer yet. So there is still what the research.

On the ring finger of his right hand you have tattooed "Die Young" (Die Young) ...

(Smiling and showing tattoo decorated along the length of the side edges of the finger)

... what exactly does it mean to you?

I like the phrase "live fast, die young" (live fast, die young) makes me feel alive. But I do not want to die young, it's more of a reminder that I live fast.

You are Catholic. It's a little blasphemy? Are not you afraid?

It's more of a joke with my God. And it's a little reminder of my past. I had one little wilder period and this reflects how I felt then and what I was going through your head. Actually, because today i give more attention.

While we talk, from your laptop to us playing The Doors ...

Yes, The Doors. Nothing like a good "mojo" ...

The history of pop music is directly lined personalities like Jim Morrison, who died young, and thus become immortal. What would you say to the people so attractive?

It is the most classic kind of story. They are the archetypes of the young heroes who die in battle. Rock star, one in a million will die young. Whether it's Jimi Hendrix or Jim, are immortal, that they were absolutely fantastic and extraordinary, but everything else about them today know only from stories. They had no time to grow old and perhaps his entire career alongside. He died young and beautiful, on top of their forces. Which is terribly romantic and sad.

It makes you think a certain religious aspect of self-sacrifice? The artist died on the cross of his own fame and his work becomes his Gospel ...

I do not dare say. But the people who work for music or any other art form, literally breathe easy is the fact that this imaginary pendulum swings in a flash of genius to madness. And it happens just in the few talented.

Five years have apparently worked as a social worker in the community center. How did you get it?

I'm on the job, although qualified, but yes, I have devoted to it. I worked in a rehabilitation center for alcoholics and drug addicts. I myself used to have big problems with alcohol, but when I was eighteen, I was already clean and decided to work with people who had the same problem, and help them return to society.

What was that experience for you?

It was often sad, but I did like it a lot. I got there my life lesson. Caring for others and their problems need to be fully committed to bring me great joy. It is the exact opposite of music, where basically everything revolves around me. But, of course, is wonderful to have even the opportunity to tell stories through my music. And the clips to their songs. Spinning is so happy.

Your music is quite sad and melancholy. Are you really like that? I sing sometimes i need something funny only to himself?

Of course. But you understood, even those my sad songs for me to have a happy hub. I love dark blues and jazz melodies and romantic love songs.

Your first album was not successful, while the other was one of the most successful albums of 2012. You take it as preparation for the eventual failure of which could come in the future?

This is a really interesting question. In my case, but fails to function as a good preparation for the next failure. They say: What does not kill you makes you stronger, but for me it has never been the case. It's what does not kill you makes you at least much weaker. It's always in me just cause more doubts about myself. And this unsuccessful period of my career, for me it was really very difficult. I had their songs really believed and was important for me to be with them people identify themselves. And then when it did not work out, I was a lot wrong.

With a very negative reactions encountered and your performance on the television show Saturday Night Live. The press had mentioned that you are thinking about touring break and that you take singing lessons. Is this true?

It's not true. Singing Lessons I've never taken. Even this was not very happy time in my career. But that's just America. Once they do not like something, put it out loud to know.

You are the face of advertising for the clothing brand H & M, which is stylized into a film by David Lynch's Blue Velvet. It's the kind of aesthetic that suits you?

Actually, I was parachuted into it, it was not something I would choose herself. But I love the song Blue Velvet.

I must say that you and Lynch strike me as quite poignant connection. Do you like the movies?

But yes. I like some episodes of Twin Peaks. Funny is that when I was about nineteen, everyone told me I looked like the girl who was murdered in Twin Peaks. And I love the film Wild at Heart Nicolas Cage and Laura Dern. This is great.

You are apparently a fan of Liverpool and the Celtics. That is not the American girl completely normal. They are behind your Scottish roots?

My friend is from Glasgow and I have Scottish ancestry. So I would probably slay my surroundings, I rooting for anyone other than the Celtics. Moreover, my manager lives and breathes for Liverpool. Thus, two men in my life that I like predestined.

You can tell offside? I do not underestimate you, but in America, after all, plays more football ...

Of course. However, I admit that sometimes I wonder why the referee whistled, but then you say: Oh yeah, offside.

You recently said that a successful music career is not a priority in your life. So what?

I would like to once again return to work in a community center in Brooklyn and the Bronx. Of course I love recording and video boards, but I feel that the personal work with people one on one I can be more effective than when I sing to the crowd. At least I feel that way.

original article: http://www.reflex.cz/clanek/co-vas-zajima/50309/rozhovor-se-zpevackou-lanou-del-rey-co-te-nezabije-to-te-oslabi.html

It's never 2 late 2 be the things that u might've been* i'll sing till u fall asleep- u try and remember when*the future looked lush and sweet

"What doesn't kill you makes you weaker" another Lanaism to add on the list along with "I like everything beautiful", "lyrically" and other -ly ending words...

The interview is a little hard to decipher but it's really interesting. Thanks for sharing!

up45I.gif

"What doesn't kill you makes you weaker" another Lanaism to add on the list along with "I like everything beautiful", "lyrically" and other -ly ending words...

The interview is a little hard to decipher but it's really interesting. Thanks for sharing!

For the first time I feel proud to know Czech language.  :defeated:

Thanks for posting, very interesting  :)

You recently said that a successful music career is not a priority in your life. So what?

I would like to once again return to work in a community center in Brooklyn and the Bronx. Of course I love recording and video boards, but I feel that the personal work with people one on one I can be more effective than when I sing to the crowd. At least I feel that way.

NO IT'S OK LANA YOU HELP PEOPLE PLEASE KEEP SINGING  :icant:

tumblr_mg7j6rudk51qmosg3o1_500.gif

interesting. you can tell that lana found it interesting too, i think she enjoys spontaneously answering with typical lana answers (as well as constantly making sure she doesn't trip up on any awkward questions), so cute. this didn't have the typical lana questions though!

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

Thank you so much!!!!

"So I would probably slay my surroundings"

SLAY LANA :hooker:

You mentioned Elvis. The most significant personalities of American pop-music were almost always solo artists with a stage show "roles". Whether it was Elvis, Marilyn Manson, Madonna, Lady Gaga, or you. While Britain to be musically define a musical group. Of what do you think this difference?

Suck it bitches :gclap: :gclap: :gclap: :gclap:

EotAQlJ.jpg

Five years have apparently worked as a social worker in the community center. How did you get it?

I'm on the job, although qualified, but yes, I have devoted to it. I worked in a rehabilitation center for alcoholics and drug addicts. I myself used to have big problems with alcohol, but when I was eighteen, I was already clean and decided to work with people who had the same problem, and help them return to society.

AG or chairing Soho?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Thank you so much!!!!

SLAY LANA :hooker:

Suck it bitches :gclap: :gclap: :gclap: :gclap:

because the interviewer mentioned her name we should "suck it"? 

quite revealing interview until it goes into irrelevant shit about football. Id love to see a clearer translation though

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

You are the face of advertising for the clothing brand H & M, which is stylized into a film by David Lynch's Blue Velvet. It's the kind of aesthetic that suits you?

Actually, I was parachuted into it, it was not something I would choose herself. But I love the song Blue Velvet.

What does that mean exactly?

One day her management called her and said: hey, you are doing this commercial this day and recording this song and that's that!

And was she all: :brows3: well, if you say so... :pft: