liam

Game of Thrones

Arya being able to swap faces had literally no impact at all on this season, I expected it to become a thing, but it just didn’t...

THIS WAS MY EXACT SAME THOUGHT AS THE EPISODE ENDED. WHAT THE FUCK. I'M SO MAD AGAIN UGH.

The only impact that Bran telling Jon he’s the true heir had was it being one of the reasons Dany went mad. This lead to Jon killing her which lead to Bran being king. When they were like “king Bran!” Bran suddenly forgot about the whole “I’m not Bran anymore, I’m the 3 eyed raven” thing. Bran also said that him becoming king was the reason he “travelled all this way”.

So did Bran just plan all of this because he knew he would become king, or were the writers just writing down whatever came to mind..

qfrWuBl.png

The only impact that Bran telling Jon he’s the true heir had was it being one of the reasons Dany went mad. This lead to Jon killing her which lead to Bran being king. When they were like “king Bran!” Bran suddenly forgot about the whole “I’m not Bran anymore, I’m the 3 eyed raven” thing. Bran also said that him becoming king was the reason he “travelled all this way”.

So did Bran just plan all of this because he knew he would become king, or were the writers just writing down whatever came to mind..

they left 3 modern drinks in the episodes, the writers clearly stopped giving a fuck

negAbhB.png

Tea omg he literally spent 3 seasons saying “I’m not bran anymore” and now he’s king Bran? Like what the fuck

they left 3 modern drinks in the episodes, the writers clearly stopped giving a fuck

Wait what

Tea omg he literally spent 3 seasons saying “I’m not bran anymore” and now he’s king Bran? Like what the fuck

Wait what

the Starbucks cup, and 2 water bottles in the finale

negAbhB.png

It was weird as fuck, the actors themselves didnt look like they were taking it serious. That scene near the end of them sitting round the table looked like something out of a bad comedy.

Arya being able to swap faces had literally no impact at all on this season, I expected it to become a thing, but it just didn’t...

Also they’re already filming a spin off about the white walkers which is set 5000 years before GoT, they’re gonna Milk this, but tbh I’ll be watching

There was a theory that the White Walker who looked at the camera when NK was about to kill Bran was actually Arya in his face and that’s how she snuck through them to kill NK

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Drogon probably took Daenerys and went to find some red priest/ess to bring her back to life just so they could burn Kings Landing to the ground once again  :creep:

Literally they burned a WHOLE city down, full of innocent people, to the ground, non-stop, for hours. Just when he had Jon cornered, Drogon out of the sudden is like "Nah, the throne made mama mad" like wtf.

It was a very good ending, one where a lot of situations mirrored elements of the first episodes.

Yeah, it's nice to have easter eggs, but easter eggs don't compensate bad writing in my honest opinion. I'm not even that mad of the choices made, how they were executed is what bothers me tbh.

However the throne melting was a cool scene, Drogon could've aimed both and killed two birds with one stone though  :teehee:.

8nl2OpX.png

It was always clear that Daenerys was going to go mad so I’m not sure why thats the part that shocked and upset people about this season.

it was rushed and poorly, poorly executed

negAbhB.png

Oh agreed, but I dont think it necessarily failed her character, if anything greyworms character arc suffered the most from it.

i don't think Daenerys was destined to go mad, I think they mad a last minute decision to have it happen. If that was the true ending for her, it should have taken place over the course of at least 2-3 seasons, not 2-3 episodes

negAbhB.png

Anyway since yall gays need closure here's a list of top-notch tv shows that aren't gonna get you upset about the ending because writers care about the plot:

1. The Americans
  2. Six Feet Under
  3. Halt and Catch Fire
  4. The Knick
  5. Orphan Black
  6. Rectify
  7. You're The Worst

these have all ended so have fun

i don't think Daenerys was destined to go mad, I think they mad a last minute decision to have it happen. If that was the true ending for her, it should have taken place over the course of at least 2-3 seasons, not 2-3 episodes

I think it was always the ending they had planned for her. They allude to it so much throughout the show and her character never followed the word of her advisors, especially when it came to mercy. I think they were planning on making it happen slower, however the actors and HBO wanted the show done so they went with the original ending GRRM planned and rushed it there.

I think it was always the ending they had planned for her. They allude to it so much throughout the show and her character never followed the word of her advisors, especially when it came to mercy. I think they were planning on making it happen slower, however the actors and HBO wanted the show done so they went with the original ending GRRM planned and rushed it there.

i read HBO was more than willing to give it more seasons, it was the writers who wanted it done

negAbhB.png

i do think that when george sought to expand the universe into 4 additional books he set her up to be mad, and it kinda makes sense since inbreeding causes madness and basically nobody wanted her in westeros, but she should've gone mad as a result of AT LEAST a season worth of plot. like, the death of missandei + the fact that she was alone + the fact that she wasn't the rightful heir to the throne etc.

also i hate the fact that they painted her as the bad guy, it's not her fault jon had targaryen blood. she had fought so hard to get the seven kingdoms, only to have it crushed by him. like anybody would snap. yet they made it look like she was suddenly this evil figure with no redeeming qualities and it sucks 

I'm heartbroken over Daenerys. The writers of the show failed her character, along with failing the entire show tbh

There were so many hints that Daenerys could turn mad, since day 1. So it's no surprise it happened. I was debating about the whole mad queen possibility at the end of season 6. I knew it always was a possibility, especially when she lost so many allies - friends - children in so little time.  To me, that is reason why she snapped so fast: too much happened to her so fast. (By the way, if you watch season 7, you will see that she s stuck up on her «Bend the knee» motto, and it's pretty much the first step towards her corruption).

Did I love her? Yes. Was I rooting for her? hell yeah. And yet, it's always been the tone of the show: very shakespearian. Dany is the epitome of someone with the best intentions that could do do the most horrible things in the end. 

I don't regret rooting for her and loving her. I loved Cersei even if she was evil. Both took their destinies in their own hands, but both lost their way in the process of wanting to rule. 

i read HBO was more than willing to give it more seasons, it was the writers who wanted it done

The creators wanted the whole thing to be done in 75 hours. HBO wanted to go to 100, since it was their number 1 show and it made a shit ton of money. They compromised by having longer episodes this season, which cumulated to 80 (approximately)