teethclick

Björk

The way little björksters are artsy and different but we keep stanning her poppier songs the most. I understand that it's like wanting Lana to come back to BTD but ngl, I wouldn't mind a more approachable album than anything after Volta.:flop: 
I thought that's where Fossora was going with Atopos, Ovule and title track as singles but then the rest of the album was so slow.:noparty: 

I feel like she did TRIED to push Fossora in a more digestible way than Utopia, they might not be bops, but Ancestress, Mother's House, Allow, Ovule, Fossora and Fungal City are truly gorgeous and melodic

8nl2OpX.png

ngl I'm not a Rosalía fan, but the song is surprisingly good? I can see myself revisiting it often :true: 

in the other hand, I've never played Fossora in full :noparty: every time I play it I always stop at the beginning of Victimhood and that's it. Will probably give it another shot today but idk.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 11/22/2023 at 3:29 PM, Rocket0212 said:

The way little björksters are artsy and different but we keep stanning her poppier songs the most. I understand that it's like wanting Lana to come back to BTD but ngl, I wouldn't mind a more approachable album than anything after Volta.:flop: 
I thought that's where Fossora was going with Atopos, Ovule and title track as singles but then the rest of the album was so slow.:noparty: 

I used to adore Bjork. I think Vespertine is one of the greatest albums of all time. Huge fan of Homegenic and some of the others too.

But everything she's put out after Biophilia, which was the last of her albums I listend to multiple times, is too avantguarde for me. She lost me. And that genuinely makes me sad. 

Her music is just too depressing and strange for me now. And mind you - I'm not pining for pop songs. (Like, I said, I'm a Vespertine fan so slow is fine by me). But the music is just... Bizarre.

14 hours ago, barttttender said:

I used to adore Bjork. I think Vespertine is one of the greatest albums of all time. Huge fan of Homegenic and some of the others too.

But everything she's put out after Biophilia, which was the last of her albums I listend to multiple times, is too avantguarde for me. She lost me. And that genuinely makes me sad. 

Her music is just too depressing and strange for me now. And mind you - I'm not pining for pop songs. (Like, I said, I'm a Vespertine fan so slow is fine by me). But the music is just... Bizarre.

I understand you feeling this way about Vulnicura or Utopia, but Fossora isnt too far off from Volta or Biophilia to me 

6 hours ago, sheepie said:

I understand you feeling this way about Vulnicura or Utopia, but Fossora isnt too far off from Volta or Biophilia to me 

I agree. I think whatever was happening in her vocal production on Vulnicura and Utopia was certainly...a choice for the darker nature of the albums. I don't care what she says about Utopia, it is not her "light" album at all, it's still very much rooted in darkness and heavyness for me. Anyway, Fossora definitely feels and sounds like a return to form and I hope she continues that with the next record. Fossora could have been pushed further I think, like where was the sampling of mushroom music? It may have been TOO obvious but not even on one track? Kind of strange to me.

On 4/11/2024 at 9:28 AM, Mariahspoolboy said:

I agree. I think whatever was happening in her vocal production on Vulnicura and Utopia was certainly...a choice for the darker nature of the albums. I don't care what she says about Utopia, it is not her "light" album at all, it's still very much rooted in darkness and heavyness for me. Anyway, Fossora definitely feels and sounds like a return to form and I hope she continues that with the next record. Fossora could have been pushed further I think, like where was the sampling of mushroom music? It may have been TOO obvious but not even on one track? Kind of strange to me.

I agree so hard... Utopia is too slow and heavy sounding to be "light" or "heavenly" imo, no matter what the lyrics are like. and I agree, I love Fossora but using mushroom music samples would have been so so cool. people have also made dirt/plant music so those could've been used too sigh