Sitar

Lorde

Spoiler

i really like the fallen fruit snippet until it becomes band boyish after 0:35 for some reason :what:

edit: WAIT! i actually LOVE the fallen fruit snippet - i accidentally had it on repeat (still do) and i'm fully hypnotised as a result

edit 2: finally listened to oceanic feeling. enjoyed it much more after 2:30 (when she stops talking abt her dad and brother :bebe:) and LOVED her vocals in the outro after 5:18. her and jack are so pretentious and high brow i fucking love it 

Edited by Alison by Slowdive

mUENGN9.png

so I read some more about Solar Power's meaning (specifically Mood Ring) and it made me appreciate the aesthetic and video a lot more. I love how Lorde does newsletters, it's cool to see big info dumps and her insight into writing (something I wish Lana would adopt tbh)

anyways I was listening to Melodrama and honestly I always see it praised here (and everywhere else) but I can never get into it :( like I want to but I just don't vibe with it and what she's singing about has no real meaning to me... anyone have anything that could help someone connect with the era more? I listen to Green Light often trying to find the magic that other people seem to see and it sparks nothing sadly

1 hour ago, KeybladeMeister said:

So many copies are being received early ?

Surprised the whole record hasn't leaked at this point 

i would guess bc most people probs don't have proper vinyl ripping software...and idk if any fan would want to listen to some phone recording of the record player this close to release date. The no-CDs really saved her gotta admit. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

HOLY SHIT MY VINYL ARRIVED TODAY!! AND THE MUSIC BOX!!

you guys when I tell you these are the most beautiful physical albums ever I am not joking this shit is insane. just had a little electrician moment and spent an hour twisting wires to fix my record player but it's going now i'm about to start :defeated: i'm so hyyyyped

nice cocc bro

2 minutes ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

Omg please do an unboxing video (or show us some pics) :defeated:

Yes I can do pictures!! might b a few hours a bit busy rn but I'm on it!

nice cocc bro

12 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

The fact that it lacks energy/you not liking have nothing to do with putting effort into it. The visuals from this era are astonishing. I wonder if Lorde watched some of Pina's Bausch work

Yeah, the dancing is pretty dope (funny you bring up Pina Bausch, I really love her work) but the whole "living on a beach" visual is pretty boring and has been done so many times already.

And as much as I want to like SP - I love myself a slow summer album to vibe to and I'd love to have some more mature Lorde music - so far the music seems extremely unerwhelming and uninspired. I mean - Stoned At The  Nail Salon for example is a super vanilly ballad, something she has done x-1000 times before and then it ALSO recycles a Lana Del Rey melody. Nothing about the production or the lyrics is very new or exciting. And THAT is the song she choses to release as a single?

I feel both Jack and Lorde stayed within their comfort zone far too much (probably encouraging each other to do so in the process) and that may result in a mediocre album. It's similar to what happened on CoCC imo but with the difference that SP is supposed to be Lorde's "comeback"

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

1 hour ago, lil aerosol said:

HOLY SHIT MY VINYL ARRIVED TODAY!! AND THE MUSIC BOX!!

you guys when I tell you these are the most beautiful physical albums ever I am not joking this shit is insane. just had a little electrician moment and spent an hour twisting wires to fix my record player but it's going now i'm about to start :defeated: i'm so hyyyyped

so happy for you!!

waiting for a track by track review bestie.

1 hour ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

@lil aerosol give us ur thoughts on the album once u have formed them :raven:

Spoiler

well I was listening w my family so it wasn't a totally focussed first listen but. I loved it a lot. it was really beautiful and her lyric game is the best it's ever been; don't expect the production to get any more complex but in my opinion it was very tasteful and let her beautiful voice and lyrics shine. I think her vocals are easily the best of her albums, and it was just a truly lovely vibe to listen to and I know it will get better with every listen as I catch more and more lyrics. Tomorrow morning I am going to get up early and take the album booklet up a hill and listen to it through while reading the lyrics as the sun rises! Can't wait. I hope you all enjoy it :flutter:

early contenders for favourite song: The Path, Fallen Fruit (!!!!), Stoned at the Nail Salon, Mood Ring, and Oceanic Feeling. also I really enjoyed the deluxe tracks, you guys will probably get a shock when you hear them! but yeah I thought they were great but definitely not right for the album. @melodrama might take a few more listens before a track by track but hopefully this was decent :D

happy listening beautiful people!! ??

Spoiler

There is also a cute little business card of sorts for solarinstitute.co.nz; I tried to put my codes in but it wouldn't let me, assuming it's not live til official release but I am looking forward to the 'exclusive content'

nice cocc bro

3 minutes ago, lil aerosol said:
  Hide contents

well I was listening w my family so it wasn't a totally focussed first listen but. I loved it a lot. it was really beautiful and her lyric game is the best it's ever been; don't expect the production to get any more complex but in my opinion it was very tasteful and let her beautiful voice and lyrics shine. I think her vocals are easily the best of her albums, and it was just a truly lovely vibe to listen to and I know it will get better with every listen as I catch more and more lyrics. Tomorrow morning I am going to get up early and take the album booklet up a hill and listen to it through while reading the lyrics as the sun rises! Can't wait. I hope you all enjoy it :flutter:

early contenders for favourite song: The Path, Fallen Fruit (!!!!), Stoned at the Nail Salon, Mood Ring, and Oceanic Feeling. also I really enjoyed the deluxe tracks, you guys will probably get a shock when you hear them! but yeah I thought they were great but definitely not right for the album. @melodrama might take a few more listens before a track by track but hopefully this was decent :D

happy listening beautiful people!! ??

ahhh thank u!! :kiss: i ended up rly loving the fallen fruit snippet so that's promising to hear <3

mUENGN9.png