Sitar

Lorde

Mood Ring is so good I love it. All the singles are great so far in their own ways and get better with each listen. I personally feel like she already explored the sound and themes of Melodrama perfectly on that record and on Pure Heroine, and I like that she's taking a totally different approach to the sound of this album. Can't wait to hear the whole thing but I think it's going to be beautiful.

Spoiler

How has this not leaked yet? :cuteface:

19 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I'm sorry, but there's no laziness in this album. Everything is perfectly crafted and it have a strong concept. The only thing that ruined it, was the Jack production.

I'm so sad that Lorde will get affected by Jack's rehearse melodies

She herself went on an interview and said all the production finally was her choice. And it's her record, not Jacks.

2 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m slightly pissed she’s done this, are CD’s not recyclable anyway I don’t buy the environmental angle.  She’s also charging quite a lot for some artwork and a box.  

also if you thiknk about it, this cardboard packaging looks WAY more disposable than the plastic one. imagine if someone spills water on it accidentally? :rip: ive had cds broken accidentally and i could still use them

7 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

I haven’t found the 70’s folk-psychedelic influence in SP like Eclipse described… 

Everybody is talking about the 90’s/00’s influence more :w8ing:

I believe those are the other songs we’ve not heard maybe?

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I’m looking EVERYWHERE for the vinyl in deluxe and binch is impossible to find,

loving mood ring it’s so good, this album so far had me in such a bright mood. She’s giving us something so different from her and I can’t wait to hear it livveeee

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

1 hour ago, expandableclitoris said:

also if you thiknk about it, this cardboard packaging looks WAY more disposable than the plastic one. imagine if someone spills water on it accidentally? :rip: ive had cds broken accidentally and i could still use them

Another thing is the print of the artwork is actually not great on recyclable paper, it’s like newspaper and looks cheap and washed out.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

I'm sorry, but there's no laziness in this album. Everything is perfectly crafted and it have a strong concept. The only thing that ruined it, was the Jack production.

I'm so sad that Lorde will get affected by Jack's rehearse melodies

I can't hear a lot of effort or vision in SATNS, California or Solar Power. They all lack energy. Mood Ring is nice but it's not nice enough to actually shake anytging up. So far SP seems pretty unibspired imo. 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

11 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

I haven’t found the 70’s folk-psychedelic influence in SP like Eclipse described… 

Everybody is talking about the 90’s/00’s influence more :w8ing:

4 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I believe those are the other songs we’ve not heard maybe?

It seems like tracks 7-10 are even more stripped back than SATNS. So maybe they are in either Fallen Fruit or Oceanic Feeling. 

3 hours ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

exactly, plus shes still making vinyls. so do both. like girl, just give me the damn CD. :crossed:

The vinyls come with a recycled plastic bag (the discs and pacakage should be recycled too)

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

2 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

She herself went on an interview and said all the production finally was her choice. And it's her record, not Jacks.

It doesn't change the fact that Jack recycled melodies

I'm liking the singles so far, but the sound is a classical Jack production and the critics seem to be over it

I planned to listen Mood Ring along with album release but I can't wait more and I listened to it. The best song she released pre-release. Reminds me late 90s/early 00s guitar jams, really pleasant, moody, Unwritten vibes.:wub: