Sitar

Lorde

10 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

SP is not that great of an album and her fans are praising it just bc it’s coated with pretentious cult imagery that goes nowhere and has no bearing on the music 

we know most of the praise isn’t because of the music itself but because of who it’s coming from 

or maybe it's just personal taste? It's not that deep, trust me

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

14 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

It’s true that Lana stans are 1) very defensive of Lana 2) praise her for doing the bare minimum aka COCC basically

COCC is a masterpiece though. It depends on personal preference...I found COCC really beautiful...an album to just sit back and relax to, in a cabin in the middle of the woods .or from a mountain top. 

I really love albums like that. Reminds me alot of Gregory's The Northern Hemisphere. 

And yes.. Sufjan is amazing. <3

16 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

It’s true that Lana stans are 1) very defensive of Lana 2) praise her for doing the bare minimum aka COCC basically

But Lorde stans aren’t better either, SP is not that great of an album and her fans are praising it just bc it’s coated with pretentious cult imagery that goes nowhere and has no bearing on the music 

It’s not *bad* but we know most of the praise isn’t because of the music itself but because of who it’s coming from 

Yes true Lana fans are probably worse in a lot of ways ?  Although I think we do need to actually listen to it first though instead of listening  to eclipse and Boz who are only sharing an opinion.  Ones things for sure I don’t think Lordes done the bare minimum just that she failed to capture something original in the sound of the album like she did with previous records, But I still like the overall sound so far.  She’s been doing the pretentious cult stuff for a long time, I’m not sure why she sticks with it…maybe because it’s minimalist which seems to be her aesthetic lately and easy to produce? 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

26 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

have you ever heard Sufjan Stevens ???

y’all are praising her for doing the bare minimum

bestie I didn't mean it in that way ???

the combination of her phoebe and clairo is just so good

15 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

i cant wait to make my own CD anyways. i already will have the booklet from the music box sooo :diva:

I’m slightly pissed she’s done this, are CD’s not recyclable anyway I don’t buy the environmental angle.  She’s also charging quite a lot for some artwork and a box.  

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m slightly pissed she’s done this, are CD’s not recyclable anyway I don’t buy the environmental angle.  She’s also charging quite a lot for some artwork and a box.  

exactly, plus shes still making vinyls. so do both. like girl, just give me the damn CD. :crossed:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

4 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

exactly, plus shes still making vinyls. so do both. like girl, just give me the damn CD. :crossed:

I think it’s a blatant money saving tactic, save money on CD’s and give them empty boxes…her Label are using this release as an experiment.  

35 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I think it’s a blatant money saving tactic, save money on CD’s and give them empty boxes…her Label are using this release as an experiment.  

But the boxes don’t count as album sells apparently. Seems weird that her label is okay with missing out on sells like that. 

Idk what label would be ok with not releasing CDs...

Imo not many people have turntables to play vinyls.. ..there maybe a small proportion who do buy vinyls even tho they dont have a turntable..as a collectible..but majority dont.

Her 1st week sales will be heavily affected...also seems like Kanye might drop.

3 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I really thought she'd get praise for it just for the sake of being Lorde (like Adele will get praised even if her next project will just be another rehash of 21).

It's nice to see critics are not sugarcoating her lazyness

I'm sorry, but there's no laziness in this album. Everything is perfectly crafted and it have a strong concept. The only thing that ruined it, was the Jack production.

I'm so sad that Lorde will get affected by Jack's rehearse melodies

28 minutes ago, Rainbows said:

But the boxes don’t count as album sells apparently. Seems weird that her label is okay with missing out on sells like that. 

I think that is a screw up on their part..they presumed they’d count as it contained a digital version that could be downloaded. Ultimately they still get the money regardless if of chart position. 

25 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Idk what label would be ok with not releasing CDs...

Imo not many people have turntables to play vinyls.. ..there maybe a small proportion who do buy vinyls even tho they dont have a turntable..as a collectible..but majority dont.

Her 1st week sales will be heavily affected...also seems like Kanye might drop.

I think we looking at 70-80k tops…so she may barely scratch the top 3

I kinda feel disappointed that there will be no *official* CDs 'cause the cover in the box is pretty much the superior to me and I think it looks beautiful. The environmental thing felt sketchy but I wonder what would be the real reason (if there is one) not to sell CDs but actually pressing vinyls. Physical releases collectors? I prefer CDs as they are drastically less expensive than vinyls and you can play them in many more devices than a vinyl, but who knows :smokes3: 

----------

Anyways, can we stop looking for the *negative* things in the album and just enjoy what we are given? Yeah it's no Pure Heroine nor Melodrama, it's Solar Power. A new era. And you can like it or not, but doesn't mean is bad / lazy / whatever. I'm beginning to like it. Stream Mood Ring for good luck.

Jesus, this feels like Lana *intense stans* calling Chemtrails and Blue Banisters bad while asking for another Born to Die / Ultraviolence :eyeroll2:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: