Sitar

Lorde

Stoned at the Nail Station was boring as hell. Solar Power was not only boring and reminiscent of whatever Antonoff has been working on for the past few years but also as annoying as Orange Trees by Marina. I can even say Orange Trees is better than that, but I guess fandoms of Lorde's and Marina's differ so much that the one can actually bear the song and the other one (Marina's) can shit at her all over Twitter and make her have nightmares and emotional breakdowns.

Mood Ring is enjoyable though. I like it. The mixing feels quite weird, however; it seems like a wasted potential for a hit.

original.gif

In her live earlier she mentioned that the deluxe vinyl for solar power is her favourite one so far I’m so glad I was able to get it I can’t wait too see it :ahh: also I have no idea what I’m gonna do with the poster that’s literally the size of a small child :omfg2:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

14 minutes ago, Brooklynbaby said:

In her live earlier she mentioned that the deluxe vinyl for solar power is her favourite one so far I’m so glad I was able to get it I can’t wait too see it :ahh: also I have no idea what I’m gonna do with the poster that’s literally the size of a small child :omfg2:

ik :toofunny: I thought the poster that comes with SOPHIE's OOEPUI vinyl was huge but that's only 36 x 36 and Lordes is like 42 x 42 :bebe: like where tf do I put that?? 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Mood Ring is cute. I enjoy the guitar pop reminiscent of Michelle Branch and Music era Madonna. 

I think my biggest letdown regarding all the new Lorde stuff is that on PH and Melodrama she seemed to be tapping into the culture and really making significant statements about her generation through her art, and with Solar Power, she isn’t singing about much at all. For instance the line in Mood Ring about the early 2000’s being so far away seems so unrelated to anything. I guess we are all nostalgic for it and referencing it in your art is fun but she isn’t really saying anything. 

she also doesn’t have to, and after making such bold statements with her precious stuff she can make whatever music she wants! 

still looking forward to the full listen 

14 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

camp?! she is yeehawing her diary entries over jack playing the same ****ing guitar chords for 2 minutes with a cocaine and uma thurman shout out

if you wanna talk camp let's talk SECRETS. she is cheeky, she is glam, she is THE MOMENT

you have a spoken outro from robyn who welcomes you to lorde's airplane

now that's CAMP!

why would u say something so daring...

So I think I would've liked Mood Ring as lead single better, and maybe The Path and Stoned as 2nd and 3rd. Solar Power would've been a cute promo single in the release week and then the album, and maybe later another single? :ohno: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

ok but the way the line "Pluto in Scorpio generation" in the second chorus literally sounds exactly like Melodrama production :defeated:just for that one line tho :crai:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif