Sitar

Lorde

After a few days I can say Green Light is a great party song. Didn't like it at first listen but it's grown on me. Looking back at her catalogue I don't know why everyone (including me) expected an indie masterpiece because her old material isn't as great as I remembered lmao.

What We Know About 'Melodrama' so far:

*The first single is 'Green Light'

*Ella co- Produced it with Jack Antoff (from 'The Bleachers' and 'Fun')

*We haven't got a comfirmed release date from Ella yet, but there have be rumours of June 16th.

*Ella has used the phrase 'Meticulous Pop' to describe it and it could have political references

* Ella comfirmed there will be no features on the album (sourced from her twitter)

*She described the album as being more 'expansive than the last' and it will have 'quiter momments, softer momments and vulnerable momments' and 'super rich songs'.

*Ella said the subjects in this album will be about what comes after teen years (following on from the themes of Pure Heroine). She also said that the lyrics 'are some of the best she has ever written'.

*She will be performing on SNL on March the 11th. We will probably hear another new single, as well as Green Light.

*One of her favourite lyrics is 'I ride the subway..' (sourced from Lorde's twitter)

*She said that there are 'definitely a few similair textures/feelings/melodies' when asked if the album is like 'Pure Heroine'. (Sourced from Lorde's twitter)

*She described the album art colours as being 'violets, midnight blues, and a touch of heart-wide open pink' (sourced from Lorde's twitter)

*The album was described by an industry insider as being 'very dance, very pop and very Lorde'. UPDATE- Lorde said in an interview that 'Green Light' is as 'Pop and dance sounding the album gets'. This insider may have only heard the lead single.

*She's playing at a lot of festivals, for example Coachella and Governors Ball (to names a few).

So that's what we know so far! :)

this song has quickly gone from underwhelming to me to something I absolutely love. I totally understand Lorde's direction and think that Melodrama is going to be a really great album. everyone keeps saying how they're disappointed that it doesn't sound like pure heroine but at the end of the day I really don't expect it to. Lorde was 16 living in New Zealand when PH came out, so of course its going to sound like a record made by an angsty teen. But now that she's 20 and seen the world I'm not surprised her sound has gone in a different direction. at the end of the day this is an artists piece of art, not an obligation to fans to remain in the same sphere of sound/visuals/whatever. natural progression in someone's life dictates the direction of the project, not what they've done in the past or what their fans "want"

What We Know About 'Melodrama' so far:

*The first single is 'Green Light'

*Ella co- Produced it with Jack Antoff (from 'The Bleachers' and 'Fun')

*We haven't got a comfirmed release date from Ella yet, but there have be rumours of June 16th.

*Ella has used the phrase 'Meticulous Pop' to describe it and it could have political references

* Ella comfirmed there will be no features on the album (sourced from her twitter)

*She described the album as being more 'expansive than the last' and it will have 'quiter momments, softer momments and vulnerable momments' and 'super rich songs'.

*Ella said the subjects in this album will be about what comes after teen years (following on from the themes of Pure Heroine). She also said that the lyrics 'are some of the best she has ever written'.

*She will be performing on SNL on March the 11th. We will probably hear another new single, as well as Green Light.

*One of her favourite lyrics is 'I ride the subway..' (sourced from Lorde's twitter)

*She said that there are 'definitely a few similair textures/feelings/melodies' when asked if the album is like 'Pure Heroine'. (Sourced from Lorde's twitter)

*She described the album art colours as being 'violets, midnight blues, and a touch of heart-wide open pink' (sourced from Lorde's twitter)

*The album was described by an industry insider as being 'very dance, very pop and very Lorde'.

*She's playing at a lot of festivals, for example Coachella and Governors Ball (to names a few).

So that's what we know so far! :)

whoa so does this confirm that what we've seen isn't actually the album cover?

H0bDaqU.gif