Sitar

Lorde

i feel like if she adds a more hip hop tone to her music it would be 100% better. i remember when she covered Don't Tell Em and a song by kanye west. it just works so well with her voice and the way she moves

I don't mean success-wise tho, like do you guys think the album will be better than Pure Heroine? Worse? More of the same musically? 

:illuminataylor:

Surely better, PH came together within a year when she was 16 years old and, listening years later, only like 7/10 tracks hold up. That's pretty good but I can only hope she's been recording and scrapping Still Sanes for four years and really narrowing it down to 10 bangers.

But I have a feeling she's gonna pull a Carly Rae Jepsen and serve a great sophomore album that isn't commercially successful

I expect it to be great. My only fear is that I hope having friends like Taylor won't sway her into a more commercial direction.

I expect it to be album of the year, which kinda sucks. (Even though AURORA basically already has AOTY 2017 already, but shhhshdjsdhsdj.) I just don't want to be disappointed. :rip: It's just been so fucking long waiting for this sophomore album. BRING THE GOODS, ELLA. 

lABVyGE.png

We have an !update! :shock:

A listening party for her new album was held on Friday night (local time) in LA. Republic Records hosted the party and industry insiders were invited. Billboard editor Jason Lipshutz (who atteneded) simply tweeted 'Oh my Lorde' on Saturday. Entertainment site 'Just Jared' tweeted 'The music is top notch, v pop, v dance and v uniquely Lorde'. The tweet was later deleted.

Lorde has also presumably been shooting a music video. Also present in LA were Ella's makeup artist, hair stylist and producer. The twitter account 'Lorde_Fix' said that multiple members of Lorde's crew were seen shooting videos in LA. Later, on Karla Welches twitter (Lorde's stylist) a video was uploaded of her and Lorde, where they basically say 'It's 7 o'clock in he morning...that was amazing ... that's a wrap'.

The listening party has been confirmed, but the music video I'm not so sure of yet.

But nevertheless... our Lorde and saviour is returning soon!! :lordejesus: :pray2:

We have an !update! :shock:

A listening party for her new album was held on Friday night (local time) in LA. Republic Records hosted the party and industry insiders were invited. Billboard editor Jason Lipshutz (who atteneded) simply tweeted 'Oh my Lorde' on Saturday. Entertainment site 'Just Jared' tweeted 'The music is top notch, v pop, v dance and v uniquely Lorde'. The tweet was later deleted.

Lorde has also presumably been shooting a music video. Also present in LA were Ella's makeup artist, hair stylist and producer. The twitter account 'Lorde_Fix' said that multiple members of Lorde's crew were seen shooting videos in LA. Later, on Karla Welches twitter (Lorde's stylist) a video was uploaded of her and Lorde, where they basically say 'It's 7 o'clock in he morning...that was amazing ... that's a wrap'.

The listening party has been confirmed, but the music video I'm not so sure of yet.

But nevertheless... our Lorde and saviour is returning soon!! :lordejesus: :pray2:

so the album is already complelty done ? and what's up with 'v pop& v dance'? :awkney:

anyways i'm excited

this is all happening so fast i'm not read.. :oprah:

I'm really excited but I don't trust those statements. After all this time, it's obvious everyone will hype her stuff no matter what. I already thought PH (even though it's a good album) was overrated and now that all the critics have been waiting for so long it's bound to be an Adele-situation: everyone praises before they even listen.

But yeah, I hope she delivers something great, 2016 was a boribg year considering album releases.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

so the album is already complelty done ? and what's up with 'v pop& v dance'? :awkney:

anyways i'm excited

this is all happening so fast i'm not read.. :oprah:

Yeah I think the album is pretty much done. She's been teasing on her twitter and said a few months ago that 'finishing touches' were being added. I was confused by the ' v pop, v dance' bit too. Lorde is of course in the pop industry, but she's more alt-pop. I hope she hasn't turned to pure chart-pop stuff :horror:.

Maybe she has been influenced by Disclosure and possibly Flume, and has featured some more upbeat dance tracks?

Anyway, time will tell ... eventually!