Sitar

Lorde

idk if i should be excited for her new album. i loved Pure Heroine but i hate her for her comments about lanas music

Yeah I though her comments were unfair too. She said a lot of other pretentious things about various artists as well. Hopefully she has matured by now. It would be so mature of her to apologize and applaud Lana - Lorde even once said that she thought Lana made awesome music videos. But yeah, I dint like to see my Queens fight and dis each other.

she waited way too long to deliver subpar music

i think it's just an intro, can't imagine that the whole song is like that

I think it will be the intro too... I hope! We will hopefully get more info today at 2pm NYC, 8am NZ and 7pm UK time on the 'waiting for it' website. :)

Anyway, update -

What. Is. This.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lorde/status/836821068895637507

Does anyone happen to live in Auckland?? ;)

Is she singing "come get my things/but I can't let go/I'm here to party"? "I want your body"? Something else? 

She sounds a lot more emotional/expressive in the snippet than literally anything I have ever heard her sing on, so it seems it will be a change of tone at least. Not sure about the actual song. Kind of getting Adele 25 + Calvin Harris vibes from this.