Hello Heaven

Overrated Lana Songs?

Also on the "Body Electric" and "Cola" bandwagon. Paradise has a few other overrated tracks for me, "Gods & Monsters" and "Yayo"

"Cola" was all for the sake of the first line, though I do think that the "I pledge allegiance to my Dad/For teaching me everything he knows" line was quite clever, but that song and "Gods & Monsters" were just sexually-charged, saucy fillers for me. Love the songs, but it's filler to me and just is an awkward segue from "American," and same for "Gods & Monsters" from "Blue Velvet."

And "Body Electric" just felt so devoid of emotion and lyrically-inarticulate. "Yayo" should have been left at its AKA perfection. I respect the Paradise version, but I could have done without it on Paradise. These tracks should have been unreleased leaks.

I personally think that a Paradise-esque (maybe even a more ballad Paradise style) version of "1949" and "I Don't Wanna Go/Last Girl On Earth/My Best Days" would have been a more suitable segue between "American" and "Blue Velvet," and from "Blue Velvet" and "Bel Air," Paradise-esque versions of "Hollywood's Dead" and "You & Me," except both have to keep most of their magic, just enough Paradise influence to keep it smooth.

Guest Dot

"Young and Beautiful" is very good but I do think it's kind of overrated. :eek:

...by the general public, yes! Us Lana fans, no. It's rated appropriately, cause it's not a good song.

"Cola" was all for the sake of the first line

Why does everyone say this?!? I'm about to rant, so I just want to say this isn't directed all at you - I'm just annoyed with what so many people have said about this song and I'm gonna passively rant about it. :crossed:

No but this really gets on my nerves. I've seen so many people say this or something to the same effect. Why is everyone still so stuck on this one line in the song??? Is it really so "TEE HEE SHE SAID PUSSY!!1!" that no one can look past it into the rest of the glorious melody, vocals, bridge and outtro?? There is so much more to this song than the first fun, shocker line but no one sees it because they're too childishly stuck on Lana saying a vulgar word. I really don't get it. I mean I get the criticism from people that say it's [insert genuine reason for disdain here] but to say the song is overrated because of the first line or something - that's ridiculous. And it's not just the people that don't like it because of that line, I think it's just as bad when people only praise the song for that line as well. 

There is so much more to a song than its lyrics, and in this case I think that is more true than most. I wish people would look past that line and look at the song for what it is - an entire song, not one line in a verse. I'm sorry if this came off really bitchy, and again it wasn't directed at you because I've seen it said a lot around here and other places on the internet before. It just gets on my nerves and I wanted to say something about it. It's all subjective and I hope no one feels like I'm putting down their point of view. 

:rip:

14417469274.gif

It is hard to ignore that first line of Cola especially when there's no escape from people on tumblr writing 'MA PU$$Y TASTES LYK PEPSI COLA <3' to caption anything Lana or not even Lana related which constantly reminds you that it's there but although I always think about it, I tend to look past it and actually I find that song really focuses on the instrumentation because apart from the wild 'oooooOOOOAAAAHH's, it's not a very complex tune and honestly, those strings in the intro are still on my mind when the vocals start. 

So actually, what I'm saying is that the bloody first line (which is cute but her fans make it annoying) is extremely overrated and the song itself is possibly even underrated.  :smokes:

I think I've had this rant before but idc okay

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

Why does everyone say this?!? I'm about to rant, so I just want to say this isn't directed all at you - I'm just annoyed with what so many people have said about this song and I'm gonna passively rant about it. :crossed:

No but this really gets on my nerves. I've seen so many people say this or something to the same effect. Why is everyone still so stuck on this one line in the song??? Is it really so "TEE HEE SHE SAID PUSSY!!1!" that no one can look past it into the rest of the glorious melody, vocals, bridge and outtro?? There is so much more to this song than the first fun, shocker line but no one sees it because they're too childishly stuck on Lana saying a vulgar word. I really don't get it. I mean I get the criticism from people that say it's [insert genuine reason for disdain here] but to say the song is overrated because of the first line or something - that's ridiculous. And it's not just the people that don't like it because of that line, I think it's just as bad when people only praise the song for that line as well. 

There is so much more to a song than its lyrics, and in this case I think that is more true than most. I wish people would look past that line and look at the song for what it is - an entire song, not one line in a verse. I'm sorry if this came off really bitchy, and again it wasn't directed at you because I've seen it said a lot around here and other places on the internet before. It just gets on my nerves and I wanted to say something about it. It's all subjective and I hope no one feels like I'm putting down their point of view. 

No worries, I totally understand! I know you're speaking generally, but I do have to say that in retrospect, I find myself a bit contradicting and conflicted, as I agree with everything you said just as much, if not said it myself to a lot of people I've talked about/listened to Lana with. I'm just so desensitized to the thrill I used to get from tracks like "Cola" and "G&M." I can listen to them and love them, but getting into them like I used to is a whole other story. I think I just need a break from the two more than anything. :agree:

It is hard to ignore that first line of Cola especially when there's no escape from people on tumblr writing 'MA PU$$Y TASTES LYK PEPSI COLA <3' to caption anything Lana or not even Lana related which constantly reminds you that it's there but although I always think about it, I tend to look past it and actually I find that song really focuses on the instrumentation because apart from the wild 'oooooOOOOAAAAHH's, it's not a very complex tune and honestly, those strings in the intro are still on my mind when the vocals start. 

So actually, what I'm saying is that the bloody first line (which is cute but her fans make it annoying) is extremely overrated and the song itself is possibly even underrated.  :smokes:

I think I've had this rant before but idc okay

... "Bloody..."

...I'm just not going to even go there, but :agree:

As for the Tumblr overexposure with certain Lana songs... I am going to stop there to avoid having a Hipster moment.

But really doe, am I the only one that just tolerates Tumblr for leaks/music-related news and (possibly) photos of certain singers/bands? Other than that, fuck that shit. Maybe if the Tumblr Daddy let me serve him lemonade... :creepna:

"Y&B" and "DP" are still candidates though, and I still wish I tasted like Pepsi-Cola or at least like Lemon Meringue pie.

Someone make me Lemon Meringue pie, pls.

Guest Dot

I'm a bit scared to say this, cause I feel I will get stabbed to death when I do, but I think Noir is pretty overrated. I don't get all the love for it.

I'll start running now.  :runs:

I'm on your side! I already talked about this song on this thread before and how I think it's overrated.

:gclap: I approve this rant. I love Cola and not only because of the first line, but because of it's production, as well as Lana's vocal delivery on this track. If the general public loved Y&B I'm pretty sure they will become obsessed with Cola (clean version, obviously... :toofloppy: ), because it's probably one of her most acessible tracks for the general public. It's more upbeat and commercial sounding than most of her other tracks. This doesn't mean that this song is commercial mainstream shit, it means that this song is just easier to get into, I think.

No worries, I totally understand! I know you're speaking generally, but I do have to say that in retrospect, I find myself a bit contradicting and conflicted, as I agree with everything you said just as much, if not said it myself to a lot of people I've talked about/listened to Lana with. I'm just so desensitized to the thrill I used to get from tracks like "Cola" and "G&M." I can listen to them and love them, but getting into them like I used to is a whole other story. I think I just need a break from the two more than anything. :agree:

... "Bloody..."

...I'm just not going to even go there, but :agree:

As for the Tumblr overexposure with certain Lana songs... I am going to stop there to avoid having a Hipster moment.

But really doe, am I the only one that just tolerates Tumblr for leaks/music-related news and (possibly) photos of certain singers/bands? Other than that, fuck that shit. Maybe if the Tumblr Daddy let me serve him lemonade... :creepna:

"Y&B" and "DP" are still candidates though, and I still wish I tasted like Pepsi-Cola or at least like Lemon Meringue pie.

Someone make me Lemon Meringue pie, pls.

:omfg:  OMG you are adorable..hahaha

And you know a little Latin, apperantly...that means you're smart... :brows:

:omfg:  OMG you are adorable..hahaha

And you know a little Latin, apperantly...that means you're smart... :brows:

:shh: I do know a little Latin. Him and I don't see eye to eye though

And I actually didn't take a liking to Noir until...what...two weeks ago? I sat down, turned it on, and closed my eyes, listening to it with my "inner self," something my Acting professor would have us do when he really wanted us to pay attention to and really feel what he was saying.

I'm not too into the verses or the intro, and the lyrics altogether are just commonplace to me, but goddamn is "Noir" raw in delivery. I personally am just really fond of the chorus, Lana just sounds so scorned and there's just so much wrath when she sings it, that's what I love more than anything. She totally got possessed by Emilie Autumn on that track. If Emilie collab'd with her and composed the backing track with her, it would have been so sick. I wouldn't rant or rave about anything else with "Noir," though. Raw delivery and an erotically angry chorus, and that's all it's got, the backing track restricts "Noir" from being any more exquisite. BUT I FUCKING LOVE IT THOUGH

Bel Air and Gods & Monsters and Yayo

I can't seem to like those songs no matter how much I try to listen to them. I eventually end up skipping them or zoning out when they're playing.

ZnjKh7o.png