♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

She performed the missing solo verse in DWUW on GN in place of R. Kelly's verse :defeated: The line "my bones hurt from all the shows" that she tweeted way back during the BTW Ball :defeated:

I really hope this makes the app. As much as she loves having R. Kelly on the song, the new verse is great.

But I keep going cuz I'm a pro?

yes I knew those were lyrics. I gotta go watch that performance now; I haven't kept up with anything she's performed since the VMAs. :flop:

The Japanese print of the booklet seems to be the only one without any mistakes in song lyrics. I've been reading through ARTPOP's liner notes for some time now (still on page three... googling names and studios) and the amount of printing errors is frightening. Here's two examples I came across so far:

"Aura"

[Japan] "You ought to pity me 'cuz there's only one man to love" [actual lyric as heard in the song]

[EU/Australia] "You want to pity me 'cuz was arranged one man to love" [makes much more sense]

"G.U.Y"

[Japan] "Our sexes tell us no lies" [actual lyric as heard in the song]

[EU/Australia] "Our sex doesn't tell us no lies" [um...]

Also, the Japanese booklet lists Paul (DJ White Shadow) as musical director of the album, while he's denoted as co-executive produced in Europe and Australia. 

I don't know who's had the idea of designing two different booklets in the first place. Not enough that ARTPOP is being released at various times (to take advantage of some markets' respective chart week beginnings) - no! Of course there need to be different booklet. So much for all fans being equal. Julian Peploe (responsible for text layout of lyrics, track listings, credits and thank yours, according to my booklet), your lazy and incapable ass should be fired for this mess. Why the hell did nobody notice that utter crap has been submitted to whoever prints this? Why is there no proof-reading? Why are different lyrics submitted at all? My God, this pisses me off. I paid good money for this product. I didn't just buy music, if I wanted just that I would have bought it digitally, but I want to hold it in my hands. That means a meticulously executed product. Again, I paid good money for this. Part of me wants to rip the album in lossless and send it back to Amazon. 

The Japanese print of the booklet seems to be the only one without any mistakes in song lyrics. I've been reading through ARTPOP's liner notes for some time now (still on page three... googling names and studios) and the amount of printing errors is frightening. Here's two examples I came across so far:

"Aura"

[Japan] "You ought to pity me 'cuz there's only one man to love" [actual lyric as heard in the song]

[EU/Australia] "You want to pity me 'cuz was arranged one man to love" [makes much more sense]

"G.U.Y"

[Japan] "Our sexes tell us no lies" [actual lyric as heard in the song]

[EU/Australia] "Our sex doesn't tell us no lies" [um...]

Also, the Japanese booklet lists Paul (DJ White Shadow) as musical director of the album, while he's denoted as co-executive produced in Europe and Australia. 

I don't know who's had the idea of designing two different booklets in the first place. Not enough that ARTPOP is being released at various times (to take advantage of some markets' respective chart week beginnings) - no! Of course there need to be different booklet. So much for all fans being equal. Julian Peploe (responsible for text layout of lyrics, track listings, credits and thank yours, according to my booklet), your lazy and incapable ass should be fired for this mess. Why the hell did nobody notice that utter crap has been submitted to whoever prints this? Why is there no proof-reading? Why are different lyrics submitted at all? My God, this pisses me off. I paid good money for this product. I didn't just buy music, if I wanted just that I would have bought it digitally, but I want to hold it in my hands. That means a meticulously executed product. Again, I paid good money for this. Part of me wants to rip the album in lossless and send it back to Amazon. 

How do you feel about the atrocious BTD booklet? :crey:

But I think the lyric in Aura is "arranged"? Would you just buy a Japanese edition if you returned it?

But I think the lyric in Aura is "arranged"? Would you just buy a Japanese edition if you returned it?

The BTW book had good pictures but the lyrics on red paper was an utter eyesore and the fact lines were missing and/or contained lines cut at the 13th hour is a travesty

BzhmW.png

I do wonder how not only the designer themselves but other people overseeing it could not see any mistakes.

It could be worse though, on Haim's album there was a mistake on the tracklist of the back cover :lmfao: "Don't Don't Save Me"

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

:deadbanana: The European print misses the "Marry the Night" writing here and the back cover looks like this. Apart from the countless cases of fully incorrect lyrics, I'd declare this an even more messy booklet than the one that comes with ARTPOP.

Really? I don't hear that at all.  :ohno: And if by "buying" you mean scoring it out of my email sent to nobody less but Julian Peploe, then hell yes.  :flutter:

The BTW book had good pictures but the lyrics on red paper was an utter eyesore and the fact lines were missing and/or contained lines cut at the 13th hour is a travesty

:deadbanana: The European print misses the "Marry the Night" writing here and the back cover looks like this. Apart from the countless cases of fully incorrect lyrics, I'd declare this an even more messy booklet than the one that comes with ARTPOP.

Really? I don't hear that at all.  :ohno: And if by "buying" you mean scoring it out of my email sent to nobody less but Julian Peploe, then hell yes.  :flutter:

I meant Born to DIE but BTW is pretty bad too :deadbanana: I feel like because I've dealt with so many incorrect booklets that if I were a musician I'd make proofreading it a priority.

I do like the BTW shoot for the most part and wish the ARTPOP booklet had used the I&V pictures but collage'd by Jeff Koons. That would've been perfect and made some lyrical mishaps excusable. Right now I'm in a real tizzy about the neglecting of that beautiful shoot.

Anyway as for Aura lyrics, I distinctly hear the "R" in "arranged", plus she's kinda saying "you want to pity me for having an arranged marriage, but #YOLO he's packing."

PS let's all do some ARTPOP awards because that's a little more interesting than rankings

Best Verses:

Best Chorus:

Best Bridge:

Best Production:

Best Lyrics:

Worst Lyrics:

Most Gaga:

Most Commercial:

Most Experimental:

Best Single Potential:

Best Video Potential:

Best Overall:

Worst Overall:

For me...

Best Verses: Sexxx Dreams

Best Chorus: MANiCURE

Best Bridge: Mary Jane Holland

Best Production: G.U.Y.

Best Lyrics: ARTPOP

Worst Lyrics: Venus

Most Gaga: Venus

Most Commercial: Do What U Want

Most Experimental: Swine

Best Single Potential: Gypsy

Best Video Potential: Aura

Best Overall: G.U.Y.

Worst Overall: Jewels N Drugs

:pft: Hey I'll read your responses, waste some time w/ me

Best Verses: SEXXX DREAMS

Best Chorus: SWINE

Best Bridge: MJH

Best Production: AURA

Best Lyrics: SEXXX DREAMS / MANiCURE

Worst Lyrics: VENUS / DO WHAT U WANT (too repetitive)

Most Gaga: VENUS

Most Commercial: APPLAUSE

Most Experimental: SWINE

Best Single Potential: MANiCURE / SWINE

Best Video Potential: SEXXX DREAMS ( :creepna: )

Best Overall: SEXXX DREAMS

Worst Overall: FASHIT!

Best Verses: Dope

Best Chorus: ARTPOP

Best Bridge: Mary Jane Holland

Best Production: G.U.Y.

Best Lyrics: Gypsy

Worst Lyrics: Jewels N' Drugs

Most Gaga: Venus

Most Commercial: Do What U Want

Most Experimental: Fashion!

Best Single Potential: Sexxx Dreams

Best Video Potential: Donatella

Best Overall: Gypsy

Worst Overall: Swine

EQFO7rX.png

Worst Overall: Swine

As I read this, the final sad note in Alejandro played in my speakers and it was fitting :sadcore:

Speaking of, listening to my Lady Gaga best of playlist and I swear this early performance of Captivated is why she's my fuckin favorite :defeated:

:deadbanana: The European print misses the "Marry the Night" writing here and the back cover looks like this

You think that's bad? My own, personal copy:

tumblr_llpapxoeGt1qa1gi0o1_1280.jpg

I win.

----

Best Verses: ARTPOP

Best Chorus: Venus

Best Bridge: G.U.Y 

Best Production: Gypsy

Best Lyrics: Gypsy

Worst Lyrics: Jewels N' Drugs (Slap honey on your pancake, REALLY?)

Most Commercial: MANiCURE

Most Experimental: Venus

Best Single Potential: Gypsy

Best Video Potential: Literally every song but Jewels N' Drugs

Best Overall: Gypsy

Worst Overall: Jewels N' Drugs

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

As I read this, the final sad note in Alejandro played in my speakers and it was fitting :sadcore:

I don't necessarily dislike the song, I just blame my inner swine ( :creep:) for listening to the fan mix that got released before the official one. It's better than the album version imo, because of its extended rave rocking tunes. I really wish she would've gone with that one instead  :poordat:

EQFO7rX.png

Best Verses: Sexxx Dreams

Best Chorus: Venus

Best Bridge: G.U.Y /MJH

Best Production: G.U.Y/DWUW

Best Lyrics: Gypsy/Dope

Worst Lyrics: Venus(even tho is one of my favorites) 

Most Commercial: Applause

Most Experimental: Venus

Best Single Potential: Gypsy/MANiCURE/G.U.Y/Sexxx Dreams(?) 

Best Video Potential: Sexxx Dreams/G.U.Y

Best Overall: Sexxx Dreams/ Fashion!(not true but top 5) /Donatella

Worst Overall: Swine