Real Deal

BANKS

where can i listen?? also isn't it the second time zedd's copying banks? i remember he used poltergeist's intro on another song too.

It's not out yet.

Yes, he stole the same tweaked sample used in Poltergeist for his song Stay with Alessia Cara. Banks tweeted "My fans know. That is all I care about."

He didn't steal it, he just used the same sample. All of those samples are royalty free, so they're both allowed to use it.. it was just unfortunate.

He didn't steal it, he just used the same sample. All of those samples are royalty free, so they're both allowed to use it.. it was just unfortunate.

I've read he used her "tweaked" sample, not the one from the original source material, afaik that's not the same thing, but I'm not sure tbh I ain't no expert on sampling.

8nl2OpX.png

It's not out yet.

i mean cropping the same 0.5 second, duplicating it and making edits on it must be a very sad coincidence.. idk

Fuck it's amazing... Wish she could release "The Altar (Remixes)" with that remix + Crowded Places + Underdog + a few outtakes.

Is that a snippet of a new song in her instagram story? Where she's lying down on a couch or something.

Yes! And I hope she doesn't scrap it.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I really want to hear her unreleased stuff. Her first 2 albums were fucking amazing and powerful. She’s just such a different type of artist. I really can’t wait to hear more from her. I know she had more material when she was writing The Altar and as far as I can remember a few years ago she said she had at least 20-30 other songs that didn’t fit on that album so she didn’t use them. God I love her and need more from her

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

yall smell sumn about this chorus?

I can spot at least 3 sounds that are specific to Banks. And I know Banks doesn't specifically "own those sounds", which seems to be the main argument used to shutdown when people spot similarities, but sometimes the music is just so similar that I can't even listen to it, even if it would be a good song. In this case, it's not really anyway so nvm