Real Deal

BANKS

Haunt, Fuck With Myself, and Trainwreck are my least favorites (just idk). The rest of the album's very good but my favorites remain Gemini Feed, Mind Games, and To The Hilt. I really like Mother Earth, Lovesick, Poltergeist, TINAU, Judas, lmao basically all the rest.

Where? I figured I'd at least be able to find it at Target since Goddess was there but idk I couldn't find it. I guess I need to get it on Amazon.

Lol at all your favorites being the SOHN tracks haha. And yes, just ordered off Amazon.

H0bDaqU.gif

Everyone says this album is incredible but I just can't get into it! I've been listening on repeat but I end up quitting :( judas is the only song I can hear everyday though

image.png

I really love Fuck With Myself, it's so dark and sinister and I like the unconventional song concept.

Gemini Feed is a masterpiece, the instrumentak is beautiful, the build up during the verse is great and the chorus is heavenly.

Lovesick is the suprise-sobg on this album for me, I did not expect it to be that good. I love how it's so .. well, lovesick but still manages to keep up a warm feeling.

Judas is so sexy, dark and atmospheric and To The Hilt is the first Banks piano-ballad I really "feel".

27 Hours is pretty nice but veeery dramatic.

The rest of the album is ok but nothing I feel the need to listen to too often.

Some tracks are cute but don't really go anywhere (Not About Us, Mother Earth, Weaker Girl) and I still think Poltergeist and Mind Games have much more potential that could have been used.

My least favourite tracks are Haunt (I like the production with the tropical sounds but the song itself is meh) and Trainwreck (it has it's moments but it feels so messy and all over the place).

I still prefer Altar over Goddess, it's much more diverse and I prefer the atmosphere and production. Goddess was a bit stale and lacked sone "power spikes" between all the soft atmospheric tracks (apart from Begging For Thread).

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I don't see The Altar having the same kind of stay power Goddess has for me. I can listen to Goddess over and over but with The Altar, its been a week and I'm already tired of the majority of the tracks.

I kinda feel the same way. Like I'm not tired of the songs but I'm not listening to this album various times throughout the day like Goddess.

Idk though over the next few weeks I'm either gonna listen to the album more or not lmao. It's still kinda too early to tell.

Super disappointed that they used the CD masters when cutting the vinyl

Either way my copy sounds lovely

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

I don't see The Altar having the same kind of stay power Goddess has for me. I can listen to Goddess over and over but with The Altar, its been a week and I'm already tired of the majority of the tracks.

yeah. And some songs on goddess still give me the chills.

I found it in my local UO today. I think some of the first run were placed in stores. Urban put it back up for pre-order when they decided to press more because the initial pre order set for the release date sold out

yeah thats probably what happened, it makes sense 

UM7JOQb.gif

Trainwreck is honestly the OTTR of Banks' discography.

these were my exact thoughts. can you imagine these two collab'ing on an OTTR/Trainwreck type of song? i'd die

also, question for the stans - who is she singing about in this album? babygirl sure sounds mad...

Goddess is my favorite album ever so when she announced The Altar i knew that she couldn't beat G. and yeah she couldn't but she has outdone herself that's for sure. her lyrics are one of the reasons why i love her so much, when it comes to the altar i see some of the songs are written with 4 people like... wtf??. it feels like less her but i know she puts her heart to every lyrics and songs but Goddess felt like more "banks"

i don't knoooow maybe i'm just bullshitting lol but i wanted to let out these thoughts about her. i love her so muchhhh.