Real Deal

BANKS

Goddess is my favorite album ever so when she announced The Altar i knew that she couldn't beat G. and yeah she couldn't but she has outdone herself that's for sure. her lyrics are one of the reasons why i love her so much, when it comes to the altar i see some of the songs are written with 4 people like... wtf??. it feels like less her but i know she puts her heart to every lyrics and songs but Goddess felt like more "banks"

i don't knoooow maybe i'm just bullshitting lol but i wanted to let out these thoughts about her. i love her so muchhhh.

I don't have a problem with co-writers, I have more of a problem with how she really didn't expand on the sound of Goddess at all or take really any risks. I wish she would've done less tracks with SOHN

I don't have a problem with co-writers, I have more of a problem with how she really didn't expand on the sound of Goddess at all or take really any risks. I wish she would've done less tracks with SOHN

yeah i think so, she didn't take any risks but (almost) all the best tracks on the altar produced by him tho

yeah i think so, she didn't take any risks but (almost) all the best tracks on the altar produced by him tho

I would disagree. I found the majority of the songs he produced (minus To the Hilt because I like when she does a stripped back song or two on her album) to be boring/safe with the exception of Trainwreck (which I still don't really like)

You Should Know and Under the Table are legit boring. Goddess, TIWIFL, Stick, and all the bonus tracks are great songs but so monotonous and samey compared to The Altar (gimme some Lovesick vocal performance at least). Now that Mother Earth exists, we can stop pretending to like Someone New. Guys....the wave of the future

She saw that Alibi, Waiting Game, and Drowning are the best tracks on her debut and used those as her jumpoff point. So her taste>>

Not sure what everyone here is smoking, but this is on very heavy rotation in my house and will be for a while.

Its way too soon for her to be taking risks, she has a sound, we needed a little more of it by just album 2 imo. Granted i hope she doesnt stray too far from it ever tbh, i love her taste and she gives me a particular sound that i look for when i play her music.

did y'all listen to Fuck With Myself or what.... if this is not a risky/experimental song what is it lol and like Coney Island King said its too earlier for her to take a lot of risks and anyway she's good at doing what she's doing. 

UM7JOQb.gif

Ok, so after listening to the album once (and to gemini 10000000 times) I can say: Gemini Feed slays and is giving me life; I prefer the second half of the album, only Poltergeist stood out. I'll give it another listen tomorrow.

EotAQlJ.jpg

Autographed copies of the red translucent Amoeba exclusive vinyl which were limited to 500 copies

Free US shipping too

http://www.amoeba.com/the-altar-amoeba-exclusive-translucent-red-vinyl-autographed-lp-banks/albums/3882651/

Are you serious its currently unavailable. Does that mean it sold out? Ughhh I literally have money and I barely seen this....................... 

Are you serious its currently unavailable. Does that mean it sold out? Ughhh I literally have money and I barely seen this....................... 

but honestly the UO one is so much cooler... like red goes with Goddess, not The Altar. get the grey vinyl.

(got my Goddess vinyl yesterday though and it didn't even have the red slip :/)

H0bDaqU.gif

After a second listen I really like: 

-Gemini Feed of course

-Lovesick

-Mind Games

-Trainwreck

-Weaker Girl

-Poltergeist

-To the Hilt

The only song I really dislike is Fuck With Myself, the others are still growing on me. So the album is approved. *goes back to bopping to GF*

EotAQlJ.jpg

but honestly the UO one is so much cooler... like red goes with Goddess, not The Altar. get the grey vinyl.

(got my Goddess vinyl yesterday though and it didn't even have the red slip :/)

The Ameoba one is more limited and the quality is a lot nicer. I have both pressings and frankly while the UO one looks pretty, it sounds like garbage and is so lightweight its warping