lola

Taylor Swift

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

please tell me all 58 variants cause i don't believe that at all lol. There were only 5 (?) vinyl variants of TTPD and Charli had 12, which was mostly what i was referencing because people act like Taylor is queen of vinyl variants when most artists release more than her.

She's releasing two or three new CD variants every week with one bonus track each. Either live recording, voice memo or acoustic remix

1 minute ago, DemonMic2003 said:

The 5 (4 not counting manuscript main) the 3 live track digital albums the 3 voice memo editions the 5 acoustic editions. Plus the anthology (but I’ll give her a pass for that) the target version

that still isn't 58 though... again i was mostly talking about vinyl variants. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, Coloringbooks said:

But the way she called Scooter Braun "shameless and greedy" for releasing a live album is just so... the hypocrisy is astonishing to me.

How is Taylor Swift releasing her OWN music anywhere comparable to Scooter Braun releasing music without the artists permission. Are you nuts. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

that still isn't 58 though... again i was mostly talking about vinyl variants. 

Ohh ok. Yeah I don’t think there’s that many vinyl variants. But it’s more about variants in general

16 minutes ago, Mer said:

How is Taylor Swift releasing her OWN music anywhere comparable to Scooter Braun releasing music without the artists permission. Are you nuts. 

Scooter Braun legally owned it. But aside from that - sure, it's a different situation, but the point was that Taylor herself is absolutely shameless and greedy. And a hypocrite for pretending otherwise. The only difference is that Taylor has a brigade of fans who would go to war defending her for it. 

I usually love getting insight into an artist's creative process. Like, I really enjoy hearing demos, but the truth is: these Taylor releases weren't intended as true gifts for the fans. It's not about having a peak into her artistry. She wasn't thinking about any of that, only monetary gain and the charts. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

i don't think the number of variants really matters (tho it is still crazy) it's more the fact that she continuously releases a new one to block artists from #1 :um3: like are we just gonna do this forever...at what point do we run out of phone demos or whatever...

♡ i'm a princess, i'm divisive 

Just now, DemonMic2003 said:

Look I’m not trying to hate on Taylor I just want her to stop releasing so many variants in general

i would like if she stopped releasing so many too. I just dont like the intense hate she is getting when it's not that big of an issue. Not even just for Taylor, I'm scared for the cortisol levels of some users on this site. :bebe:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

16 hours ago, ivory almond said:

Rep TV is supposed to be released on September 13th, exactly 15 years after the 2009 VMAs incident

omg genius! i didn't even realize this!

I was already predicting a September release for something since it's during a break between Europe and the USA shows... but this just convinces me

REPUTATION TV - SEPTEMBER 13!

Also

DEBUT TV - DECEMBER 13!

(It's her birthday, and what better way to reclaim her "name" by releasing the debut rerecording and last TV on it... also the last Eras tour show is 5 days before so the timing is just perfect. The 13th is also on a Friday and I just can't see Taylor taking advantage of all the stars aligning)

21 minutes ago, taco truck said:

exploitative of who? almost no one even buys those, and again, they really aren't adding many sales. I agree billboard should make new rules to block these kinds of tactics because it is annoying. But the death threats and accusations and insults are so ridiculous. 

best believe there would be die hard fans who would buy those copies and the fact she’s making these as limited time offers and pushing the fomo agenda helps push the sales of the album. also, isn’t it weird she released that variant in UK only? this isn’t a new thing at all but the timing is just very in place.

she deserves the judgment at this point, her “artistry” if you can call it that is degrading and making her more chart obsessed than ever. she’s becoming the mcdonalds of music atp. 

i like her songs and she’s one of the artists that made my childhood but the way she’s handling her business right now is just so manipulative that could affect how music is marketed in the future.

☆SeaKeen★ // Everything is romantic

skgif-ezgif-com-video-to-gif-converter.g 

Taylor blocked Charli from #1 in the UK.

She used greedy, capitalist, McDonalds-esque tactics to accomplish it this week.

Truly the Fast Food of Pop Music. Devoid of any soul, substance, depth, or unique talent, tbh.

Ou, I cannot wait for Taylor’s backlash era. You best believe I will be on the frontlines TRASHING her and DRAGGING her to the fiery pits of hell. I will never let her get away with this. One day, she will PAY for her crimes against pop culture.

TAYLOR SWIFT IS OVER PARTY

if it were ANY other artist releasing nearly FIFTY "variants" of their mid, bland album, especially in order to prevent other fellow artists from hitting #1 on the chart, something arguable meaningless anyway, they would be dragged to hell and back by the entire world :brigitte: it's beyond embarrassing for any artist to do that and it's also beyond embarrassing to see people defend her and act like it's no big deal, it's pathetic

(and that's not to say that charli or any other artist shouldn't want to be at #1 or shouldn't want to succeed, but it's just so silly and ridiculous to see how desperate taylor is to stay at #1 even though it really doesn't mean all that much, ESPECIALLY since it ISN'T organic, in the slightest, in that case, it's pretty much meaningless)