lola

Taylor Swift

17 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

People saying it's a triple album... :eartha2: imagine how tired we are

also laughing at this considering I haven't even listened to half of the anthology :rip: if she released a third album i'd have to quit my job :crai:

2 hours ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Also why are some of y'all in the Taylor thread if you don’t have anything positive to contribute :oprah7:

I think it's natural that you might be critical towards a piece of work even as a fan. I also have albums I hate in the catalogue of artists I love. 

I admit though I don't get the drama as I really love the album. Also the anthology extra tracks. It's surely forms my top three together with folklore and evermore. But I don't care much about her other albums (they are either ok (lover, 1989) or actually impossible to listen (red, fearless) in full to me), so I wouldn't call myself a fan. 

It was expensive watch it 

I don’t think Fantano is misogynistic, though I think he can easily fall into those types of criticisms without realizing it, especially in his earlier reviews, but I do think he isn’t a great reviewer of pop music. I just don’t think that’s his genre and every “pop” review he does (outside of a few including ocean blvd) gives the impression of, “this is good, for a pop album”. I actually enjoy watching his reviews but I do think he was unfairly mean in this one and he falls into the trap of critiquing Taylor as a person/her drama rather than the music itself. I also do not agree this album is a Lana ripoff. There are some parts that are Lana-seque but I think this is the most Swiftian album she’s put out in years. Also I think people saying it sounds like Lana need to listen to the 1975 because that’s who she is intentionally ripping off lol.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Fantano said that In My Head is the worst song on Thank U Next ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️ literally the best song in Ari’s discography :facepalm:

2 hours ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Also why are some of y'all in the Taylor thread if you don’t have anything positive to contribute :oprah7:

Ok ok, one last comment then i’ll leave this thread forever:

TTPD is a top 11 Taylor album 😭 2/10 from me.

is is NOT a Lana rip off tho, cause then it would be good.

Maybe this album would be better if i bought all the variants 😭

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

I’m all for letting people have their own opinions, but I can’t help and push back on it. I am a big Lana fan, and I really don’t hear any Lana in any of the songs. Just because Taylor mentions things like drugs and american things- it doesn’t mean that she’s copying(also coming from a big taylor stan, Lana and Taylor being my top two artists). The sound scape doesn’t really sound like Lana either, and the lyrics ESPECIALLY don’t. They consist of quintessential Taylor Swift themes, with a new flare to it that she hasn’t done before. I can’t think of any songs that remind me of lana on this record either, and lana would never name something “The tortured poets deparment”. Just because it has to do with poetry and things like that, doesn’t mean that it’s a rip off of lana. Ok thats my 2 cents.

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

3 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Ok ok, one last comment then i’ll leave this thread forever:

you've said this like three times friend :blush3: no hate i just thought it was funny

very much agree on in my head being one of ariana's best though 

violets in your eyes

19 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Japanese “Mini LP” CD

Hide contents

IMG-8302.jpg

IMG-8303.jpg

IMG-8304.jpg

IMG-8305.jpg

IMG-8306.jpg

IMG-8308.jpg

IMG-8309.jpg

japan always get the best versions. also can we appreciate stevie nicks' poem. it's absolutely beautiful. the first stanza reminds me of her verse in beautiful people beautiful problems kinda :cryney2:

url%5D

Songs I think would  make great music videos:

Fresh Out the Slammer - think poolsides, hot weather, sensuality

Florida!!! - Badass visuals featuring Florence

So High School - Something like Teenage Dream maybe, very nostalgic

Very summery to me.

this is gonna be controversial, but "The Tortured poets Department" might be her weakest title track to date.

first 4 songs opening the album are disappointing, things only picked up from "So Long London" onward

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

this is gonna be controversial, but "The Tortured poets Department" might be her weakest title track to date.

the title track feels almost ai generated to me, or what someone would say a generic ts song sounds like. it's catchy but not on same the level as the rest of the record

violets in your eyes

Ok this is who/what I think every song is about 

Spoiler

Fortnight- Joe

TTPD- Matty

My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys- Joe

Down Bad- Joe/Matty

So Long London- Joe

But Daddy I Love Him- Matty/Fans

Fresh Out the Slammer- Joe/Matty

Florida- I guess Joe

Guilty as Sin- Matty

Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me- Industry

I Can Fix Him- Matty

loml- Joe/Matty

I Can Do It With a Broken Heart- Joe/Matty

The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived- Matty

The Alchemy-Matty

Clara Bow- Industry

The Black Dog- I cannot tell but I’m leaning towards Matty

imgonnagetyouback- Matty

The Albatross- Herself

Chloe & Friends- Matty

How Did it End?- Joe

So High School- Travis

I Hate it Here- Joe

ThanK you aIMee- Kim (but also I think it’s about multiple people who tried to tear her down)

I Look in Peoples Windows- Could be about Joe or Matty, no defining factors

The Prophecy- Her love life in general

Cassandra- Kim/Kanye and Scooter

Peter- Matty

The Bolter- Herself

Robin- Aarons child 

The Manuscript- Her love life in general but specifically it seems to be about Jake

11 minutes ago, taco truck said:

The Black Dog- I cannot tell but I’m leaning towards Matty

leaning towards Joe on this one mostly bc the actual pub going thru CCTV footage and showing Joe visiting their pub multiple times. Plus Jack shared a photo of her recording TBD and it was during the time she had just started going public with Matty - so he hadn’t ghosted her yet. 

But aside from the invasion of Joe’s privacy, TBD seems to be about someone who she trusted and was in some form of “routine” with (sharing locations) - and I’m guessing Matty was not someone who would fit that. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Just now, Mer said:

leaning towards Joe on this one mostly bc the actual pub going thru CCTV footage and showing Joe visiting their pub multiple times. Plus Jack shared a photo of her recording TBD and it was during the time she had just started going public with Matty - so he hadn’t ghosted her. 

But aside from the invasion of Joe’s privacy, TBD seems to be about someone who she trusted and was in some form of “routine” with (sharing locations) - and I’m guessing Matty was not someone who would fit that. 

Did they actually show him going to the pub? The only reason I was leaning Matty was because of The Starting Line lyric. Also it’s a super passionate song and the rest of the Joe songs are more depressed/

detached, with Matty getting all the in the moment sad songs lol. I did think it was about Joe at first because of what you said, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was about him. 

2 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

People saying it's a triple album... :eartha2: imagine how tired we are

what an ungrateful and disrespectful thing to say to her. reminds me of the crowd at that argentina show chanting for reputation while theyre seeing THE taylor swift perform in hot ass weather for 3 hours straight for them. her fans dehumanize her more than her haters, for sure.

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

Just now, crazyforyou said:

what an ungrateful and disrespectful thing to say to her. reminds me of the crowd at that argentina chanting for reputation while theyre seeing THE taylor swift perform in hot ass weather for 3 hours straight for them. her fans dehumanize her more than her haters, for sure.

:true:

On 2/5/2024 at 9:26 PM, crazyforyou said:

yesss and the archer

Down Bad - Midnight Rain

So Long, London - You’re Losing Me

Who’s Afraid Of Little Old Me? - The Archer if it was on rep

loml - hoax

Clara Bow - The Lucky One 

everything else - Suburuban Legends 

wait why did my predictions end up being so accurate 

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her