xratedcuntxrated

Beyoncé

does anyone know if these album covers were photographed at the same time (Act 1, Act 2, Act 3) 

it seems like I read she completed Act 2 before she even released Act1:Renaissance so maybe it is possible she photographed all the covers around the same time? Do we think Act 3 is already photographed ?

37 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

does anyone know if these album covers were photographed at the same time (Act 1, Act 2, Act 3) 

it seems like I read she completed Act 2 before she even released Act1:Renaissance so maybe it is possible she photographed all the covers around the same time? Do we think Act 3 is already photographed ?

I think she definitely recorded all 3 acts prior to Renaissance coming out as she refers to Renaissance as a "three act project" in the album booklet however my guess is that Act 2's cover was shot within the last few months as she is wearing the platinum hair she had at the end of last year

FzytWEW.png

I’m seeing this “the original cover doesn’t make sense! A horse doesn’t move like that, why is she stiff, it looks fake” a lot….

Like…..the cover is obviously not going for realism, it’s clearly meant to be stylized, it’s meant to look like a photoshoot. It’s camp.

Just now, Danny Milk said:

Alternate cover giving Statue of Liberty!!

bd05ce2b49bbff741969cb2105b580ff6596b1d6

While I love her using Tina’s family name on the cover - I wish she kept the horse theme for the limited cover as well so it would match the Renaissance limited cover. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

14 hours ago, ulttraviolenncee said:

no shade but yk its a good album cover if ppl say it looks like/its ai

I see what you mean, but I disagree. The way she's sitting on the horse and the way the horse is moving, it just couldn't happen in real life. Hence, it teethers on looking like AI in a bad way.

But still a great cover.

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

I see what you mean, but I disagree. The way she's sitting on the horse and the way the horse is moving, it just couldn't happen in real life. Hence, it teethers on looking like AI in a bad way.

But still a great cover.

its supposed to be like that, its camp

source.gif

3 hours ago, ulttraviolenncee said:

its supposed to be like that, its camp

I get that. But, again, if we prompted MidJourney, we woulda got the same result. And I don't like that.

A bit more realism in terms of gravity etc woulda worked better. But its' just a personal thing.

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

I get that. But, again, if we prompted MidJourney, we woulda got the same result. And I don't like that.

A bit more realism in terms of gravity etc woulda worked better. But its' just a personal thing.

I think the pose is resembling of the kind of highly exaggerated displays you find in museums of cowboys etc. Their poses unrealistic and intensely heroic.

Also she seems to be playing into the pageantry that comes with this western culture - hence the dramatic, unrealistic and camp pose.

But you’re allowed to think it looks unrealistic, this is just my interpretation of the pose :wub:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

Just now, Cherry Blossom said:

I think the pose is resembling of the kind of highly exaggerated displays you find in museums of cowboys etc. Their poses unrealistic and intensely heroic.

Also she seems to be playing into the pageantry that comes with this western culture - hence the dramatic, unrealistic and camp pose.

But you’re allowed to think it looks unrealistic, this is just my interpretation of the pose :wub:

yeah it's clearly meant to resemble old-fashioned paintings of white folks in imperial poses riding horses in, like, the reneissance.

but even those were more realistic. 

9 hours ago, barttttender said:

yeah it's clearly meant to resemble old-fashioned paintings of white folks in imperial poses riding horses in, like, the reneissance.

but even those were more realistic. 

The standard cover reminds me of 2 paintings, one is "la Liberté guidant le peuple" by Delacroix, which also inspired the sculpture for Miss Liberty, if I remember right. Somehow both artworks were related.  So standard and alternate cover really form a unit. Besides I recognize a Napoleon painting. And the vinyl colors are US/French national flag colors combined with Black. Lots of messages, lol. 

Collage-20240321-222504.jpg

23 hours ago, Danny Milk said:

Alternate cover giving Statue of Liberty!!

It's like mixing Miss Liberty with Botticelli's Venus. Love it. (I feel like she's copying me, lol. I am a photographer and have done a lot of these Black people as ancient paintings photo shoots. 😂

It was expensive watch it