StationToStation

FKA twigs

Maybe I do need to spend some more time with "Numbers", but YOU need to let "Hours" grow on you. It is pure slayage from start to finish byeeeee

Did we just agree...

(I mean Hours isn't at the top of my list but honestly the album is so good that it doesn't really matter)

Did we just agree...

(I mean Hours isn't at the top of my list but honestly the album is so good that it doesn't really matter)

Lol I guess so! I mean it's not my number one either, but like you said who even cares. There is NO bad song on this record, period. Putting anything last on my ranking felt like a crime.

H0bDaqU.gif

Maybe I do need to spend some more time with "Numbers", but YOU need to let "Hours" grow on you. It is pure slayage from start to finish byeeeee

I've been listening to it since you quoted. I wish she constructed it differently. The way it starts out is so :air2:..."I could kiss you for hours" :air2:....I'll just skip to the "How would you like it if my lips touched yours and they stayed close baby till the stars fade out?" part :lolliney:

Why do you guys think all the tracks are listed as explicit? Like what if she said like fuck or something and used it as a sample throughout the album lol

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

As long as you buy the album when it's out, slay. :creep:

Of course, as I've been converted into a full on stan in the last 24 hours tbh

Why do you guys think all the tracks are listed as explicit? Like what if she said like fuck or something and used it as a sample throughout the album lol

I'm always curious about what does and doesn't get an explicit label. This one might be subject matter? Play by the label to look more "edgy"?   :quote:  

http://www.npr.org/blogs/therecord/2010/10/29/130905176/you-ask-we-answer-parental-advisory---why-when-how

Labels and artists choose when to use it, so it's not like an MPAA/ESRB situation where you get iced out of the market for not labeling properly.

tZ7WN4B.gif

Of course, as I've been converted into a full on stan in the last 24 hours tbh

I'm always curious about what does and doesn't get an explicit label. This one might be subject matter? Play by the label to look more "edgy"?   :quote:  

http://www.npr.org/blogs/therecord/2010/10/29/130905176/you-ask-we-answer-parental-advisory---why-when-how

Labels and artists choose when to use it, so it's not like an MPAA/ESRB situation where you get iced out of the market for not labeling properly.

Wait you can choose to not use it even with explicit content?? Awesome my album just got much easier lol

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

My Ranking:

Hours

Two Weeks

Video Girl

Preface

Pendulum

Numbers

Lights On

Closer

Give Up

Kicks

BTW, this is the most explicit album I've ever heard. Hours is disgustingly intimate, provocative, and sexy. But maybe I only feel this way because I thought she was saying "I could kiss you for hours / so deep in me now" 

what if that is what she's saying?

BTW, this is the most explicit album I've ever heard. Hours is disgustingly intimate, provocative, and sexy. But maybe I only feel this way because I thought she was saying "I could kiss you for hours / so deep in me now"

what if that is what she's saying?

I mean, it's pretty sexual, of course..But if that's the worst you've got, I have some old Slayer records for you to hear.. Or the non radio edit of whatever rap song is making the top 40 rounds right now :eek:

Wait you can choose to not use it even with explicit content?? Awesome my album just got much easier lol

Yeah ever since the parent groups have let up and indie music exploded, no one gives a shit. Children these days are filthy perverts anyway!

This album is one of the best I've heard all year, and it just keeps growing on me. Even the tracks I wasn't into at first are great on second listen (Besides Video Girl. I don't hate it or anything, but it's closer to the bottom of my list right now.) Two Weeks was the first song of hers I heard after hearing her name around the internet and stuff, and I was kind of struck by how confident and explicit is was without sounding like puffed up bravado or anything, and of course the sound was crazy good. After hearing it a couple more times I decided I had to go find the rest of her stuff (very good decision)

tZ7WN4B.gif

I mean, it's pretty sexual, of course..But if that's the worst you've got, I have some old Slayer records for you to hear.. Or the non radio edit of whatever rap song is making the top 40 rounds right now :eek:

Well, yeah, to be fair, I haven't heard much explicit music at all. 

The thing about twigs for me was that initially, her songs aren't stand outs. It took a bit for me to get into them because the melodies don't really pop, but once you let the song take you where it wants you to go you'll have the lines stuck in your head for days. Her songs sound like they were crafted on another world.

Okay so let's get this figured out. Who ordered the deluxe box set and is going to have the capability to rip this exclusive track in a week or so?

I'm really hoping twigs will put it out digitally somewhere as well, but just in case she doesn't, we need to plan. I'll have to survive on a 128kbps vinyl rip I guess :poordat:

H0bDaqU.gif

Okay so let's get this figured out. Who ordered the deluxe box set and is going to have the capability to rip this exclusive track in a week or so?

I'm really hoping twigs will put it out digitally somewhere as well, but just in case she doesn't, we need to plan. I'll have to survive on a 128kbps vinyl rip I guess :poordat:

If you rip if correctly with a digital USB record player, then it can be ripped in HQ.