StationToStation

FKA twigs

I tried to play Lights On for some friends last night and they hated it... I was hoping they would "get it", because there's something so beautiful about the song (and whole album) when you really immerse yourself in it. She's just not very accessible. I'm still working on fully enjoying her myself. The quirky little experimental sounds that don't really mesh with the melody of the song throw me off sometimes, but there's still something I really like about her music and sound... I could just do with a bit less experimental noise sometimes.

I tried to play Lights On for some friends last night and they hated it... I was hoping they would "get it", because there's something so beautiful about the song (and whole album) when you really immerse yourself in it. She's just not very accessible. I'm still working on fully enjoying her myself. The quirky little experimental sounds that don't really mesh with the melody of the song throw me off sometimes, but there's still something I really like about her music and sound... I could just do with a bit less experimental noise sometimes.

their lost :x 

Hate might be a strong word but they didn't like it... Maybe in a different setting and not on my phone speakers they would've liked it though? She's actually growing on me a lot. Even the noisy/pitchy instrumental parts of lights on don't bother me anymore. It's not as bad as I remember it being the first listen.

Hate might be a strong word but they didn't like it... Maybe in a different setting and not on my phone speakers they would've liked it though? She's actually growing on me a lot. Even the noisy/pitchy instrumental parts of lights on don't bother me anymore. It's not as bad as I remember it being the first listen.

It's honestly just something to get used to. twigs wants it to be slightly unsettling to the ears. That's what her music is all about for me; beautiful sounds mixed with out of place sounds to create an incredible listening experience. With each listen the songs get better and better as my ears and brain continue to adjust to the off-kilter elements of each track.

H0bDaqU.gif

Most of the time those noises fit perfectly into the songs, I feel.  

14417469274.gif

No, they're on Amazon for $14.

Brutal  :blush:  

I've officially decided "Numbers" is the worst of the 20 songs we have from her.

Absolutely. I'm just like "Okay..?" When I hear it, and it's probably not even that bad on it's own, I just feel like she's better than it.

Just sent Two Weeks to a couple of my friends to see if I need to start re-evaluating the relationship.

tZ7WN4B.gif